Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 10, 2013
7:19:55 PM
View profile
Ingress Profile: 0 SD/4 HD

I now have an Ingress Profile of 0 SD/4 HD:

I'm currently recording 4 HD programs at the same time, and I can also view an HD channel on the TV connected to the DVR when when 3 other HD channels are recording.

Does anyone else see this profile?

I'm currently recording 4 HD programs at the same time, and I can also view an HD channel on the TV connected to the DVR when when 3 other HD channels are recording.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Ingress Profile: 0 SD/4 HD

75 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(75)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2013 8:16:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Sep 10, 2013 at 8:34:27 PM

I'm seeing that exact same profile. 

I'm recording 3 HDs & watching the 4th on the DVR vs. having to watch the 4th on a STB.

I think I'm excited!

I'm seeing that exact same profile. 

I'm recording 3 HDs & watching the 4th on the DVR vs. having to watch the 4th on a STB.

I think I'm excited!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Ingress Profile: 0 SD/4 HD

[ Edited ]
2 of 76 (3,925 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2013 2:52:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It is exciting,  I've been waiting for a 4 HD Ingress profile for over 3 years since the 4 HD profile was first introduced!

It is exciting,  I've been waiting for a 4 HD Ingress profile for over 3 years since the 4 HD profile was first introduced!

3 of 76 (3,873 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2013 6:44:09 AM
(0)
Scholar

Is this only for those with 32/5 profile?

Is this only for those with 32/5 profile?

4 of 76 (3,823 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2013 7:00:53 AM
(0)
Employee
Yes, need 4 HD streams available to record 4 HD streams, the 25 M profile is 1SD/3HD (WAN)
Yes, need 4 HD streams available to record 4 HD streams, the 25 M profile is 1SD/3HD (WAN)
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 76 (3,820 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2013 11:22:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

texasguy37 wrote:

Judging by the reflection, we can almost see what the mythical Texasguy37 looks like!  We see that he has a couch, a lamp and he sapparently is using a toaster oven, over his head to snap the photo.  Seriously, TG, what is that? Smiley Very Happy

texasguy37 wrote:

Judging by the reflection, we can almost see what the mythical Texasguy37 looks like!  We see that he has a couch, a lamp and he sapparently is using a toaster oven, over his head to snap the photo.  Seriously, TG, what is that? Smiley Very Happy

6 of 76 (3,752 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2013 11:41:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Excellent observations there dhascall!

Excellent observations there dhascall!

7 of 76 (3,729 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2013 11:42:13 AM
(0)
Employee

Hahahaha!!!

Hahahaha!!!

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

8 of 76 (3,727 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2013 12:22:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

It's the box for his steak knife collection. Smiley Very Happy

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

It's the box for his steak knife collection. Smiley Very Happy

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

9 of 76 (3,700 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2013 3:16:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It's an iPhone!  Smiley Happy

This profile is very exciting news for those of us who have had U-verse for a long time and can remember when only 1 HD stream was being received.

It's an iPhone!  Smiley Happy

This profile is very exciting news for those of us who have had U-verse for a long time and can remember when only 1 HD stream was being received.

10 of 76 (3,656 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2013 5:08:38 PM
(0)
Expert

Ah, the good ol' days ...

- 1 HD stream WAN and ingress

- THDVR's only capability was playback on STBs.  No scheduling or management from the STBs, no trick play functions

- Only about 30 HD channels

- Max internet speed 12/1

- Max line profile 25/2

- No iNID, so many people too far for service

- No U-Voice ... IPTV and Internet only

- Bugs everywhere ... DD audio dropouts, HDMI black levels incorrect, CC broken on Viacom channels

- Max DVR hard drive size 160GB (35 hours HD)

- HD quality today is average, but was really bad early on

The product has come a long way since then.

Ah, the good ol' days ...

- 1 HD stream WAN and ingress

- THDVR's only capability was playback on STBs.  No scheduling or management from the STBs, no trick play functions

- Only about 30 HD channels

- Max internet speed 12/1

- Max line profile 25/2

- No iNID, so many people too far for service

- No U-Voice ... IPTV and Internet only

- Bugs everywhere ... DD audio dropouts, HDMI black levels incorrect, CC broken on Viacom channels

- Max DVR hard drive size 160GB (35 hours HD)

- HD quality today is average, but was really bad early on

The product has come a long way since then.

11 of 76 (3,636 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2013 7:06:52 PM
(0)
Mentor
I live in Los Angeles area and my ingress still shows 1sd/3hd Smiley Sad
I live in Los Angeles area and my ingress still shows 1sd/3hd Smiley Sad

12 of 76 (3,591 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2013 8:38:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

On the north side of Dallas (Richardson) we dont have it yet. Im still 1 - 3. You are very lucky...

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!

On the north side of Dallas (Richardson) we dont have it yet. Im still 1 - 3. You are very lucky...

13 of 76 (3,566 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2013 9:34:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Have you tried rebooting your receivers?

14 of 76 (3,547 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2013 3:36:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I'm on an iNid installation so mine probably won't change.

I'm on an iNid installation so mine probably won't change.

15 of 76 (3,493 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2013 6:19:50 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

While this IS exciting news, wasn't this the summer that we were supposed to get like 6 or 7 streams?

While this IS exciting news, wasn't this the summer that we were supposed to get like 6 or 7 streams?

16 of 76 (3,477 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2013 6:24:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

dhascall wrote:

Now...now...now...let's not be greedy!  Smiley Very Happy

dhascall wrote:

Now...now...now...let's not be greedy!  Smiley Very Happy

17 of 76 (3,473 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2013 3:13:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

dhascall wrote:

Let's take a few days to celebrate this achievement before asking for more.  Smiley Very Happy

dhascall wrote:

Let's take a few days to celebrate this achievement before asking for more.  Smiley Very Happy

18 of 76 (3,395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2013 3:41:16 PM
(0)
Mentor

Still seeing 1 & 3 here in Central Ohio.  Maybe in the next week or so it will make it's way across this great Land of ours, lol.  Very exciting news though.

Still seeing 1 & 3 here in Central Ohio.  Maybe in the next week or so it will make it's way across this great Land of ours, lol.  Very exciting news though.

19 of 76 (3,379 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2013 10:42:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
I am still seeing 3/1, but haven't reset my RG yet. Is that the trick, or is it a waiting game?
I am still seeing 3/1, but haven't reset my RG yet. Is that the trick, or is it a waiting game?

20 of 76 (3,257 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2013 11:13:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

baseballisback wrote:

It's like Christmas when you were a kid...you know it's coming but there's nothing you can do to make it come any faster.

baseballisback wrote:

It's like Christmas when you were a kid...you know it's coming but there's nothing you can do to make it come any faster.

21 of 76 (3,248 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2013 5:55:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

texasguy37 wrote:

No I have not, I will try tonight when no one is watching. I still dont think it will work. Im FTTP and the box on the side of the house is from 2007. The tech told me one time my box can only max 3 hd 1 sd.

texasguy37 wrote:

No I have not, I will try tonight when no one is watching. I still dont think it will work. Im FTTP and the box on the side of the house is from 2007. The tech told me one time my box can only max 3 hd 1 sd.

22 of 76 (3,175 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2013 6:01:11 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
If you are not already on the 32/5 profile but are on the 25/2 profile, you are not going to see this upgrade to your Ingress Profile.
If you are not already on the 32/5 profile but are on the 25/2 profile, you are not going to see this upgrade to your Ingress Profile.

23 of 76 (3,173 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2013 9:41:54 AM
(0)
Teacher

What exactly does 32/5 and 25/2 mean?

What exactly does 32/5 and 25/2 mean?

24 of 76 (3,076 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2013 9:51:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Those are line profiles.  See the discussion in the thread below:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Total-Home-DVR/2-HD-2-SD-Streams-Question/m-p/2660683#M10446

Those are line profiles.  See the discussion in the thread below:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Total-Home-DVR/2-HD-2-SD-Streams-Question/m-p/2660683#M10446

25 of 76 (3,067 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2013 6:46:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

texasguy37 wrote:

Not here in metro Detroit, of course it all started for you Texans. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

texasguy37 wrote:

Not here in metro Detroit, of course it all started for you Texans. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

26 of 76 (2,907 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2013 8:41:29 PM
(0)
Guru
I'm on the new 55430/6066 pair bonded profile with the NVG589 in Cleveland, Ohio and I don't have the new DVR Ingress profile. :-( Guess I have to wait.
I'm on the new 55430/6066 pair bonded profile with the NVG589 in Cleveland, Ohio and I don't have the new DVR Ingress profile. :-( Guess I have to wait.
The uversecare@att.com team, otherwise known as the uVerse Technical Support Miracle Workers.

27 of 76 (2,870 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 7:55:19 PM
(0)
Explorer

I'm on the 32/5 profile and I can state that it hasn't reached Salinas, California yet.  I could really use this when the fall tv season gets into full swing.  Oh well, wait and see. 

I'm on the 32/5 profile and I can state that it hasn't reached Salinas, California yet.  I could really use this when the fall tv season gets into full swing.  Oh well, wait and see. 

28 of 76 (2,779 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 1:35:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

skeeterintexas wrote:

baseballisback wrote:

AT&T spreads Christmas across three months, instead of 24 hours. Smiley Very Happy

skeeterintexas wrote:

baseballisback wrote:

AT&T spreads Christmas across three months, instead of 24 hours. Smiley Very Happy

29 of 76 (2,702 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 6:52:53 PM
(0)
Teacher

I'm located in the Frisco area (north of Dallas) and I just upgraded to the 4HD WAN/Ingress profile yesterday from 1SD/3HD. It's a very nice upgrade since we have 4 total receivers in the house.

But I really would like to have the 45/6 mbps internet speed upgrade other areas of the country are now receiving. I've got a friend who has the Fios 75/35 speed and I'm just too jealous. Also, I didn't realize Fios now potentially goes up to 500/100 mbps speeds in ceratin areas. Unreal.

Do you know exactly when this year the faster internet speeds will be available in the DFW area? Is the 45/6 speed the fastest Uverse customers will see for the forseeable future?

Also, do you know if there any plans for at least a 1TB or more hard drive for future DVR's to compete with Directv's 1TB and Dish Network's 2TB. I've been reading that you can actually have 2 Dish 2TB "Hopper" DVR's on one account and ultimately have access/share the combined 4TB storage on ALL the tv's in the house. That would be amazing. Uverse needs something like that.  

I'm located in the Frisco area (north of Dallas) and I just upgraded to the 4HD WAN/Ingress profile yesterday from 1SD/3HD. It's a very nice upgrade since we have 4 total receivers in the house.

But I really would like to have the 45/6 mbps internet speed upgrade other areas of the country are now receiving. I've got a friend who has the Fios 75/35 speed and I'm just too jealous. Also, I didn't realize Fios now potentially goes up to 500/100 mbps speeds in ceratin areas. Unreal.

Do you know exactly when this year the faster internet speeds will be available in the DFW area? Is the 45/6 speed the fastest Uverse customers will see for the forseeable future?

Also, do you know if there any plans for at least a 1TB or more hard drive for future DVR's to compete with Directv's 1TB and Dish Network's 2TB. I've been reading that you can actually have 2 Dish 2TB "Hopper" DVR's on one account and ultimately have access/share the combined 4TB storage on ALL the tv's in the house. That would be amazing. Uverse needs something like that.  

Re: Can I get my profile changed from 3 HD streams to 4 HD streams?

30 of 76 (2,627 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments