Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us NOW for a live “Ask an Expert” event!

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Jul 9, 2013
5:07:05 PM
View profile
Infrastructure

Why do these big companies think they can cheat just a few people by cutting corners and then make their reputation shiny by keeping up with new technology?  I'll tell you why.  They Know they have us in a tough spot.  This is because there aren't many services where we live.  This is the only reason we are customers of AT&T, and have been for 8 years.  But, we happen to live in an area where the AT&T infrastructure is dilapidated.  

So not only are we stuck with AT&T we're stuck with lousy service all of the time especially in Florida when it rains (which is all the time).  And we know it will never get better because we are not enough people to be important to the AT&T CEO.

And, everytime I have to call which is in the thousands by now, I have to hear that STUPID automated service say WOULD YOU LIKE TO PAY YOUR BILL?  RECORD THIS,.. NO!  It is supposed to be an automated service and I know when I want to pay my bill I don't need a recorded message to tell me.   

Note to customer service personnel: Please DO NOT reply to this post unless you are responding to tell me AT&T is going down my street and replacing the infrastructure.  Which won't happen because it isn't about service it's about what is profitable.

( And by the way customers do not want to read a book everytime they get a service and big companies know that which is why I am not surprised they find ways to con us into more money and less service like the person who got stuck with a longer contract because they were late on their payment.  Isn't a late fee enough? Really?)  Good Luck everyone, I have lost my confidence in large companies and it seems that's all we've got.

Why do these big companies think they can cheat just a few people by cutting corners and then make their reputation shiny by keeping up with new technology?  I'll tell you why.  They Know they have us in a tough spot.  This is because there aren't many services where we live.  This is the only reason we are customers of AT&T, and have been for 8 years.  But, we happen to live in an area where the AT&T infrastructure is dilapidated.  

So not only are we stuck with AT&T we're stuck with lousy service all of the time especially in Florida when it rains (which is all the time).  And we know it will never get better because we are not enough people to be important to the AT&T CEO.

And, everytime I have to call which is in the thousands by now, I have to hear that STUPID automated service say WOULD YOU LIKE TO PAY YOUR BILL?  RECORD THIS,.. NO!  It is supposed to be an automated service and I know when I want to pay my bill I don't need a recorded message to tell me.   

Note to customer service personnel: Please DO NOT reply to this post unless you are responding to tell me AT&T is going down my street and replacing the infrastructure.  Which won't happen because it isn't about service it's about what is profitable.

( And by the way customers do not want to read a book everytime they get a service and big companies know that which is why I am not surprised they find ways to con us into more money and less service like the person who got stuck with a longer contract because they were late on their payment.  Isn't a late fee enough? Really?)  Good Luck everyone, I have lost my confidence in large companies and it seems that's all we've got.

Infrastructure

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2013 8:20:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

So, other than someone at AT&T waving a magic wand and replacing all the aged infrastructure on your street, what is your expected or desired outcome from this post you have made?

So, other than someone at AT&T waving a magic wand and replacing all the aged infrastructure on your street, what is your expected or desired outcome from this post you have made?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Infrastructure

2 of 4 (386 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2013 2:56:40 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by trparky on Jul 10, 2013 at 3:00:08 PM

Obviously, something needs to be done in your area.  Your infrastrurcture seems to be a poor shape and needs an overhawl.  At this point, the people who need to be involved in your issue are simply not at the level that the normal people on the phones are at.  You need some high level managers to get involved.

OK, so here's how you can do just that.  Get some managers involved by contacting AT&T Customer Care.  Click the link below.

http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

These are not your average phone people, these are much higher up on the support ladder than the people on the phones.  These are the people you need to get in contact with.  This is not the regular CS/TS people, these people know who to contact to get things done!  And plus, they will keep you up to date on what is being done to fix your issue every step of the way!

Send them a private message and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your problems. They are available M-F 7am-10pm CST

Include your account#, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope in the upper right, they may or may not contact you via message on these forums so you might want to check that in about a day.

Obviously, something needs to be done in your area.  Your infrastrurcture seems to be a poor shape and needs an overhawl.  At this point, the people who need to be involved in your issue are simply not at the level that the normal people on the phones are at.  You need some high level managers to get involved.

OK, so here's how you can do just that.  Get some managers involved by contacting AT&T Customer Care.  Click the link below.

http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

These are not your average phone people, these are much higher up on the support ladder than the people on the phones.  These are the people you need to get in contact with.  This is not the regular CS/TS people, these people know who to contact to get things done!  And plus, they will keep you up to date on what is being done to fix your issue every step of the way!

Send them a private message and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your problems. They are available M-F 7am-10pm CST

Include your account#, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope in the upper right, they may or may not contact you via message on these forums so you might want to check that in about a day.

The uversecare@att.com team, otherwise known as the uVerse Technical Support Miracle Workers.

[ Edited ]
3 of 4 (359 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2013 3:45:31 PM
(0)
Employee
What type of service are you on? RG ? Is uverse available in you area or on DSL? Your comments "cheat just a few", "aren't many services", " know it will never get better because of we are not enough people" leads me to believe you are in a rural non uverse area. This announcement last year

http://www.att.com/gen-mobile/press-room?pid=23506&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=35661

Suugest improvement is coming by end of 2015, due to your above comments expect ipdslam or LTE for internet connections. Ipdslam is still going to be feed by phone lines, if infrastructure stays same then LTE (like Verizon) would be best option to get off copper.
What type of service are you on? RG ? Is uverse available in you area or on DSL? Your comments "cheat just a few", "aren't many services", " know it will never get better because of we are not enough people" leads me to believe you are in a rural non uverse area. This announcement last year

http://www.att.com/gen-mobile/press-room?pid=23506&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=35661

Suugest improvement is coming by end of 2015, due to your above comments expect ipdslam or LTE for internet connections. Ipdslam is still going to be feed by phone lines, if infrastructure stays same then LTE (like Verizon) would be best option to get off copper.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (337 Views)