Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 16, 2014
11:33:44 PM
View profile
Illegitimate "connection charge" attached to first bill.

Based on my original letter received from AT&T I have been overcharged by $49 for my connection. But on the original letter it stated there was no connection charge because we did a self-installl.

After I had internet for about two weeks some woman came knocking loudly on my door at 8:30 AM... and my job has me work mostly nights, so this is early for me. So as far as I can tell AT&T is charging me $49 for them sending out some woman to "install my internet" when I already had it... and then charging me $49 for their "service".

They also sneakily "forgot" to charge me the $29.99 monthly fee for my internet... making it $46 right away. I'd like to believe that was a mistake but I suspect they were hoping I wouldn't notice and would also forget about the $100 gift card I am supposed to get in about a "month" to make up for the $100 modem charge.

I believe I am owed $49 because I never requested an installation yet someone came to my door. AT&T is already about 4x slower than Comcast for the same price... they should at least consider having decent customer service since Comcast is terrible... which is why I had to switch to AT&T in the first place.

Based on my original letter received from AT&T I have been overcharged by $49 for my connection. But on the original letter it stated there was no connection charge because we did a self-installl.

After I had internet for about two weeks some woman came knocking loudly on my door at 8:30 AM... and my job has me work mostly nights, so this is early for me. So as far as I can tell AT&T is charging me $49 for them sending out some woman to "install my internet" when I already had it... and then charging me $49 for their "service".

They also sneakily "forgot" to charge me the $29.99 monthly fee for my internet... making it $46 right away. I'd like to believe that was a mistake but I suspect they were hoping I wouldn't notice and would also forget about the $100 gift card I am supposed to get in about a "month" to make up for the $100 modem charge.

I believe I am owed $49 because I never requested an installation yet someone came to my door. AT&T is already about 4x slower than Comcast for the same price... they should at least consider having decent customer service since Comcast is terrible... which is why I had to switch to AT&T in the first place.

Illegitimate "connection charge" attached to first bill.

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2014 4:04:26 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi electricbassguy,

I apologize about the inconveniences with your initial bill. If you could please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you.

Keep an eye on the at the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi electricbassguy,

I apologize about the inconveniences with your initial bill. If you could please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you.

Keep an eye on the at the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Illegitimate "connection charge" attached to first bill.

2 of 2 (242 Views)