If AT&T gets the Hallmark Channel back...

ACE - Professor

If AT&T gets the Hallmark Channel back...

Will all these flippin Hallmark threads go away?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 32 (5,019 Views)
Expert

Re: If AT&T gets the Hallmark Channel back...

One could only hope so!

Message 2 of 32 (4,932 Views)

It will just change to some other channel.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 3 of 32 (4,925 Views)
ACE - Professor

[ Edited ]

U-Verse does not have The Hallmark Channel? When I had U-Verse installed on January 2, 2008, The Hallmark Channel was there along with the Hallmark Movie Channel. When was it removed? No one informed us that it was gone. This is news to us.

The Hallmark Channel is the most watched channel in my household, especially around the holidays. We are outraged. How can we get it back? Is there anyone on this forum who can get it back?  Those A.C.E. guys have the power to do it. Why are they not doing this?

I will be on the phone tomorrow with Dish Direct Warner, and make a change immediatly. We cannot live without the Hallmark Channel. My neighbors, relatives, and friends all have it, and watch it 24/7. Many have even quit their jobs in order to be home so that they can watch all of the original programming on the Hallmark Channel

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 32 (4,912 Views)

@dwinth, did you even read the OP?  This is a time when your canned response is innappropriate. The OP was asking, what would be the next complaint.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 5 of 32 (4,868 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

baseballisback writes, "Will all these flippin Hallmark threads go away?"

Yes.

I think that's a part of the point for the ongoing thread creations for the programmer, which left the AT&T U-verse system after August 31, 2010.

Message 6 of 32 (4,864 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

dwinth wrote:

U-Verse does not have The Hallmark Channel? When I had U-Verse installed on January 2, 2008, The Hallmark Channel was there along with the Hallmark Movie Channel. When was it removed? No one informed us that it was gone. This is news to us.

The Hallmark Channel is the most watched channel in my household, especially around the holidays. We are outraged. How can we get it back? Is there anyone on this forum who can get it back?  Those A.C.E. guys have the power to do it. Why are they not doing this?

I will be on the phone tomorrow with Dish Direct Warner, and make a change immediatly. We cannot live without the Hallmark Channel. My neighbors, relatives, and friends all have it, and watch it 24/7. Many have even quit their jobs in order to be home so that they can watch all of the original programming on the Hallmark Channel

Smiley Very Happy 

oufan, I do believe dwinth was being funny and just repeating statements we've heard ad nauseam. 

It made me laugh!

Message 7 of 32 (4,856 Views)

I also found dwinth's tongue-in-cheek comment funny.  And I absolutely agree with oufan that if Hallmark was restored today, there would just be a shift toward some other discontinued or endangered channel.  There will always be folks who change providers without checking details (like lineups) and then complain that they were tricked.

docbombay

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein
Message 8 of 32 (4,839 Views)
ACE - Master

I suppose it's human nature to complain.  It's not unlike complaining about the weather....it's too hot...it's too cold...we need rain...I'm sick of the rain..."  Smiley Frustrated

No matter what channels we do or don't have (ie: BBCA-HD), there's always going to be comments and/or complaints.  Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 32 (4,816 Views)
ACE - Professor

You forgot to mention that ACEs get steak knives.

dwinth wrote:

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
Message 10 of 32 (4,792 Views)
ACE - Professor

dwinth gets the joke! Smiley Happy

I just figured the best way to combat the spam was with a tongue-in-cheek thread along similar lines.

Perhaps AT&T could fix dwinth up with some actual steak?
Message 11 of 32 (4,782 Views)
ACE - Professor

baseballisback wrote:
dwinth gets the joke! Smiley Happy

I just figured the best way to combat the spam was with a tongue-in-cheek thread along similar lines.

Perhaps AT&T could fix dwinth up with some actual steak?

I would welcome the actual steak to go along with the official ACE steak knife set, which by the way, I have not yet received from AT&T. This is my second year as an ACE Member. Where are my steak knives?

So that it will not cost AT&T so much, I would be willing to accept select or choice grade New York or Kansas City strip steaks. Prime steaks would be nice, but AT&T needs to cut down on expenses so that they can afford to bring us new channels.

Any bets on how many days it will take to get a new Hallmark thread from an unhappy U-Verse subscriber?

Message 12 of 32 (4,757 Views)

Let's set the over/under at 2 days

Message 13 of 32 (4,744 Views)
ACE - Professor

oufanindallas wrote:

Let's set the over/under at 2 days

What's the over/under on the Blaze and NHL Network?

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
Message 14 of 32 (4,723 Views)
Scholar

baseballisback writes, "dwinth gets the joke!

Perhaps AT&T could fix dwinth up with some actual steak?"

I'm the kind of a poster who will answer a question as best I can.

I suspect the troll threads on the topic of Hallmark Channel/Hallmark Movie Channel are connected with a campaign to get AT&T U-verse to buckle, regardless of contractual details, and return the programming to its channels lineup.

For those who have been honest … I respect all.

Message 15 of 32 (4,655 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.