Helpful Links

If AT&T gets the Hallmark Channel back...

ACE - Professor

If AT&T gets the Hallmark Channel back...

Will all these flippin Hallmark threads go away?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 32
ACE - Professor

Re: If AT&T gets the Hallmark Channel back...

Yeah. I also suspect that many of these threads are posted by Hallmark employees or employees of competing providers. If they were AT&T customers, I'm sure they'd want to keep us in the loop regarding their issues. "My AT&T broke! I'm out of here!" ... You all know what I mean.

There *is* a "New to U-Verse" section. It would be heavenly is new users could only post (or maybe just start new threads) in there. Once they pass a certain threshold, they'd be allowed to start new topics elsewhere. When we have four or five threads on the same topic and they're all on the first page...hmmm...
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 32
ACE - Master

baseballisback wrote:
Yeah. I also suspect that many of these threads are posted by Hallmark employees or employees of competing providers. If they were AT&T customers, I'm sure they'd want to keep us in the loop regarding their issues. "My AT&T broke! I'm out of here!" ... You all know what I mean.

There *is* a "New to U-Verse" section. It would be heavenly is new users could only post (or maybe just start new threads) in there. Once they pass a certain threshold, they'd be allowed to start new topics elsewhere. When we have four or five threads on the same topic and they're all on the first page...hmmm...

You know, I used to think that and there may have been some of that early on but now, I seriously doubt it.  Why?  Crown is not losing all that much because the channels are not being carried by U-Verse.  There may be some trolling by folks upset that AT&T no longer offers them.  I also see that first time posters do reply and don't stop just at their first post.  Even if they are "two post wonders," it means that they are staying engaged and not a bot making posts.

I also think that some pushback of the complainers by long time forum members is a demographic mismatch type of deal.  Most Hallmark viewers are Females and /or older,  at that but many (but not all)of the Forum regulars are male (and some are quite a bit younger) so they easily discount the channels as worthless.  My wife, wjo is disabled, spends 90% of the time at home and I know that she sorely misses the channels, especially movies.  

To answer your first question - YES!  If the channels are brought back, the posts would stop, except some Thank you's, for bringing them back.  The posts about AMC stopped as soon as it was reported that the contract was signed.  As for the posts that "they" would just find some other channels to complain about.  That doesn't make a lick of sense.  What channel(s) has AT&T dropped that folks would discuss?

Message 17 of 32
ACE - Master

HMPog.jpg

Message 18 of 32
Tutor

You'd think if there are all these flipping threads ATT would get the message. My wife wants Hallmark and is asking me to switch to DirectTV. ATT may say goodbye tomy $280 per month. The wife wants what the wife wants.
Message 19 of 32
Tutor

Calling DirectTv tomorrow I may switch but might not. I'd really like to know if ATT considers this a customer issue and if they are doing anything to resolve the issue.
Message 20 of 32

Pshea1599 wrote:
You'd think if there are all these flipping threads ATT would get the message. My wife wants Hallmark and is asking me to switch to DirectTV. ATT may say goodbye tomy $280 per month. The wife wants what the wife wants.

All these threads regarding Hallmark represent less than 0.001% of UVerse customers and less than 0.00001% of Hallmark viewers.  Hallmark has not been on UVerse since 2010 and it has not hurt their growth at all.  Since the channel was dropped AT&T has added over 2 Million UVerse customers.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 21 of 32
ACE - Professor

Pshea1599 wrote:
Calling DirectTv tomorrow I may switch but might not. I'd really like to know if ATT considers this a customer issue and if they are doing anything to resolve the issue.

How are you going to explain this to your wife if you do not switch? After all, you stated that "The wife wants what the wife wants."

No one on this forum can tell you "if ATT considers this a customer issue and if they are doing anything to resolve the issue." We are U-Verse subscribers just like you, or at least U-Verse subscribers like you used to be if the wife gets what she wants.

How long have you been a U-Verse subscriber? The Hallmark Channel has not be a part of U-Verse since September 1, 2010. You should have checked the channel lineup list before you subscribed.

I hope you are not a Two and Done Two Post Wonder, and will post again in response.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
Message 22 of 32
ACE - Professor

We should bump this thread whenever someone posts a H*llm@rk thread.
Message 23 of 32

baseballisback wrote:

Better yet, we ban the word Hallmark so no more threads can be started.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 24 of 32
ACE - Master

oufanindallas wrote:

baseballisback wrote:

Yes!  Can we add "Hallmark" to the word filter?

Message 25 of 32
ACE - Master

skeeterintexas wrote:

oufanindallas wrote:

baseballisback wrote:

Yes!  Can we add "Hallmark" to the word filter?

OR fix the situation so the AT&T apologists  Smiley Wink won't have to answer these threads.  Lol.

Message 26 of 32
Scholar

dhascall,

Even though your post was tongue in cheek, your suggestion just might be the best solution of all!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 27 of 32
ACE - Professor

But if the apologists don't answer, how will they get steak knives?
Message 28 of 32
Highlighted
ACE - Master

baseballisback wrote:
But if the apologists don't answer, how will they get steak knives?

They already have at least one set..............  I have mine. Smiley Very Happy

Message 29 of 32
Contributor

All I can say is that no hallmark movies makes u-verse and crown media a bunch of Scrooges !!!
Message 30 of 32
Share this topic
Announcements

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Entertainment this holiday season!

Additional Support