Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 19, 2013
7:24:37 PM
View profile
If AT&T gets the Hallmark Channel back...
Will all these flippin Hallmark threads go away?
Will all these flippin Hallmark threads go away?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

If AT&T gets the Hallmark Channel back...

31 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(31)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2013 8:12:24 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

One could only hope so!

One could only hope so!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: If AT&T gets the Hallmark Channel back...

2 of 32 (4,516 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2013 8:25:22 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

It will just change to some other channel.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

It will just change to some other channel.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

3 of 32 (4,509 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2013 8:59:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by dwinth on Sep 19, 2013 at 8:59:54 PM

U-Verse does not have The Hallmark Channel? When I had U-Verse installed on January 2, 2008, The Hallmark Channel was there along with the Hallmark Movie Channel. When was it removed? No one informed us that it was gone. This is news to us.

The Hallmark Channel is the most watched channel in my household, especially around the holidays. We are outraged. How can we get it back? Is there anyone on this forum who can get it back?  Those A.C.E. guys have the power to do it. Why are they not doing this?

I will be on the phone tomorrow with Dish Direct Warner, and make a change immediatly. We cannot live without the Hallmark Channel. My neighbors, relatives, and friends all have it, and watch it 24/7. Many have even quit their jobs in order to be home so that they can watch all of the original programming on the Hallmark Channel

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

U-Verse does not have The Hallmark Channel? When I had U-Verse installed on January 2, 2008, The Hallmark Channel was there along with the Hallmark Movie Channel. When was it removed? No one informed us that it was gone. This is news to us.

The Hallmark Channel is the most watched channel in my household, especially around the holidays. We are outraged. How can we get it back? Is there anyone on this forum who can get it back?  Those A.C.E. guys have the power to do it. Why are they not doing this?

I will be on the phone tomorrow with Dish Direct Warner, and make a change immediatly. We cannot live without the Hallmark Channel. My neighbors, relatives, and friends all have it, and watch it 24/7. Many have even quit their jobs in order to be home so that they can watch all of the original programming on the Hallmark Channel

[ Edited ]
4 of 32 (4,496 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2013 4:05:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

@dwinth, did you even read the OP?  This is a time when your canned response is innappropriate. The OP was asking, what would be the next complaint.

@dwinth, did you even read the OP?  This is a time when your canned response is innappropriate. The OP was asking, what would be the next complaint.

5 of 32 (4,452 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2013 4:07:49 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by LoveHD on Sep 20, 2013 at 4:08:55 AM

baseballisback writes, "Will all these flippin Hallmark threads go away?"

Yes.

I think that's a part of the point for the ongoing thread creations for the programmer, which left the AT&T U-verse system after August 31, 2010.

baseballisback writes, "Will all these flippin Hallmark threads go away?"

Yes.

I think that's a part of the point for the ongoing thread creations for the programmer, which left the AT&T U-verse system after August 31, 2010.

[ Edited ]
6 of 32 (4,448 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2013 4:26:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Sep 20, 2013 at 4:29:57 AM

dwinth wrote:

Smiley Very Happy 

oufan, I do believe dwinth was being funny and just repeating statements we've heard ad nauseam. 

It made me laugh!

dwinth wrote:

Smiley Very Happy 

oufan, I do believe dwinth was being funny and just repeating statements we've heard ad nauseam. 

It made me laugh!

[ Edited ]
7 of 32 (4,440 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2013 5:04:38 AM
(0)
Guru

I also found dwinth's tongue-in-cheek comment funny.  And I absolutely agree with oufan that if Hallmark was restored today, there would just be a shift toward some other discontinued or endangered channel.  There will always be folks who change providers without checking details (like lineups) and then complain that they were tricked.

docbombay

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein

I also found dwinth's tongue-in-cheek comment funny.  And I absolutely agree with oufan that if Hallmark was restored today, there would just be a shift toward some other discontinued or endangered channel.  There will always be folks who change providers without checking details (like lineups) and then complain that they were tricked.

docbombay

8 of 32 (4,423 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2013 5:38:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I suppose it's human nature to complain.  It's not unlike complaining about the weather....it's too hot...it's too cold...we need rain...I'm sick of the rain..."  Smiley Frustrated

No matter what channels we do or don't have (ie: BBCA-HD), there's always going to be comments and/or complaints.  Smiley Sad

I suppose it's human nature to complain.  It's not unlike complaining about the weather....it's too hot...it's too cold...we need rain...I'm sick of the rain..."  Smiley Frustrated

No matter what channels we do or don't have (ie: BBCA-HD), there's always going to be comments and/or complaints.  Smiley Sad

9 of 32 (4,400 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2013 6:54:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

You forgot to mention that ACEs get steak knives.

dwinth wrote:

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

You forgot to mention that ACEs get steak knives.

dwinth wrote:

-------

10 of 32 (4,376 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2013 7:15:39 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
dwinth gets the joke! Smiley Happy

I just figured the best way to combat the spam was with a tongue-in-cheek thread along similar lines.

Perhaps AT&T could fix dwinth up with some actual steak?

I just figured the best way to combat the spam was with a tongue-in-cheek thread along similar lines.

11 of 32 (4,366 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2013 7:56:18 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

baseballisback wrote:

I would welcome the actual steak to go along with the official ACE steak knife set, which by the way, I have not yet received from AT&T. This is my second year as an ACE Member. Where are my steak knives?

So that it will not cost AT&T so much, I would be willing to accept select or choice grade New York or Kansas City strip steaks. Prime steaks would be nice, but AT&T needs to cut down on expenses so that they can afford to bring us new channels.

Any bets on how many days it will take to get a new Hallmark thread from an unhappy U-Verse subscriber?

baseballisback wrote:

I would welcome the actual steak to go along with the official ACE steak knife set, which by the way, I have not yet received from AT&T. This is my second year as an ACE Member. Where are my steak knives?

So that it will not cost AT&T so much, I would be willing to accept select or choice grade New York or Kansas City strip steaks. Prime steaks would be nice, but AT&T needs to cut down on expenses so that they can afford to bring us new channels.

Any bets on how many days it will take to get a new Hallmark thread from an unhappy U-Verse subscriber?

12 of 32 (4,341 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2013 8:07:28 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Let's set the over/under at 2 days

13 of 32 (4,328 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2013 9:02:39 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

oufanindallas wrote:

What's the over/under on the Blaze and NHL Network?

-------

oufanindallas wrote:

What's the over/under on the Blaze and NHL Network?

-------

14 of 32 (4,307 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2013 5:12:48 PM
(0)
Scholar

baseballisback writes, "dwinth gets the joke!

Perhaps AT&T could fix dwinth up with some actual steak?"

I'm the kind of a poster who will answer a question as best I can.

I suspect the troll threads on the topic of Hallmark Channel/Hallmark Movie Channel are connected with a campaign to get AT&T U-verse to buckle, regardless of contractual details, and return the programming to its channels lineup.

For those who have been honest … I respect all.

baseballisback writes, "dwinth gets the joke!

Perhaps AT&T could fix dwinth up with some actual steak?"

I'm the kind of a poster who will answer a question as best I can.

I suspect the troll threads on the topic of Hallmark Channel/Hallmark Movie Channel are connected with a campaign to get AT&T U-verse to buckle, regardless of contractual details, and return the programming to its channels lineup.

For those who have been honest … I respect all.

15 of 32 (4,239 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 4:32:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Yeah. I also suspect that many of these threads are posted by Hallmark employees or employees of competing providers. If they were AT&T customers, I'm sure they'd want to keep us in the loop regarding their issues. "My AT&T broke! I'm out of here!" ... You all know what I mean.

There *is* a "New to U-Verse" section. It would be heavenly is new users could only post (or maybe just start new threads) in there. Once they pass a certain threshold, they'd be allowed to start new topics elsewhere. When we have four or five threads on the same topic and they're all on the first page...hmmm...
Yeah. I also suspect that many of these threads are posted by Hallmark employees or employees of competing providers. If they were AT&T customers, I'm sure they'd want to keep us in the loop regarding their issues. "My AT&T broke! I'm out of here!" ... You all know what I mean.

There *is* a "New to U-Verse" section. It would be heavenly is new users could only post (or maybe just start new threads) in there. Once they pass a certain threshold, they'd be allowed to start new topics elsewhere. When we have four or five threads on the same topic and they're all on the first page...hmmm...

16 of 32 (4,178 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2013 1:17:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Sep 23, 2013 at 1:20:09 PM

baseballisback wrote:

You know, I used to think that and there may have been some of that early on but now, I seriously doubt it.  Why?  Crown is not losing all that much because the channels are not being carried by U-Verse.  There may be some trolling by folks upset that AT&T no longer offers them.  I also see that first time posters do reply and don't stop just at their first post.  Even if they are "two post wonders," it means that they are staying engaged and not a bot making posts.

I also think that some pushback of the complainers by long time forum members is a demographic mismatch type of deal.  Most Hallmark viewers are Females and /or older,  at that but many (but not all)of the Forum regulars are male (and some are quite a bit younger) so they easily discount the channels as worthless.  My wife, wjo is disabled, spends 90% of the time at home and I know that she sorely misses the channels, especially movies.  

To answer your first question - YES!  If the channels are brought back, the posts would stop, except some Thank you's, for bringing them back.  The posts about AMC stopped as soon as it was reported that the contract was signed.  As for the posts that "they" would just find some other channels to complain about.  That doesn't make a lick of sense.  What channel(s) has AT&T dropped that folks would discuss?

baseballisback wrote:

You know, I used to think that and there may have been some of that early on but now, I seriously doubt it.  Why?  Crown is not losing all that much because the channels are not being carried by U-Verse.  There may be some trolling by folks upset that AT&T no longer offers them.  I also see that first time posters do reply and don't stop just at their first post.  Even if they are "two post wonders," it means that they are staying engaged and not a bot making posts.

I also think that some pushback of the complainers by long time forum members is a demographic mismatch type of deal.  Most Hallmark viewers are Females and /or older,  at that but many (but not all)of the Forum regulars are male (and some are quite a bit younger) so they easily discount the channels as worthless.  My wife, wjo is disabled, spends 90% of the time at home and I know that she sorely misses the channels, especially movies.  

To answer your first question - YES!  If the channels are brought back, the posts would stop, except some Thank you's, for bringing them back.  The posts about AMC stopped as soon as it was reported that the contract was signed.  As for the posts that "they" would just find some other channels to complain about.  That doesn't make a lick of sense.  What channel(s) has AT&T dropped that folks would discuss?

[ Edited ]
17 of 32 (4,115 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2013 9:35:22 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

18 of 32 (4,032 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2013 10:21:38 PM
(0)
Tutor
You'd think if there are all these flipping threads ATT would get the message. My wife wants Hallmark and is asking me to switch to DirectTV. ATT may say goodbye tomy $280 per month. The wife wants what the wife wants.
You'd think if there are all these flipping threads ATT would get the message. My wife wants Hallmark and is asking me to switch to DirectTV. ATT may say goodbye tomy $280 per month. The wife wants what the wife wants.

19 of 32 (3,766 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2013 10:29:00 PM
(0)
Tutor
Calling DirectTv tomorrow I may switch but might not. I'd really like to know if ATT considers this a customer issue and if they are doing anything to resolve the issue.
Calling DirectTv tomorrow I may switch but might not. I'd really like to know if ATT considers this a customer issue and if they are doing anything to resolve the issue.

20 of 32 (3,766 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2013 3:49:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Pshea1599 wrote:

All these threads regarding Hallmark represent less than 0.001% of UVerse customers and less than 0.00001% of Hallmark viewers.  Hallmark has not been on UVerse since 2010 and it has not hurt their growth at all.  Since the channel was dropped AT&T has added over 2 Million UVerse customers.

Pshea1599 wrote:

All these threads regarding Hallmark represent less than 0.001% of UVerse customers and less than 0.00001% of Hallmark viewers.  Hallmark has not been on UVerse since 2010 and it has not hurt their growth at all.  Since the channel was dropped AT&T has added over 2 Million UVerse customers.

21 of 32 (3,756 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2013 5:01:16 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Pshea1599 wrote:

How are you going to explain this to your wife if you do not switch? After all, you stated that "The wife wants what the wife wants."

No one on this forum can tell you "if ATT considers this a customer issue and if they are doing anything to resolve the issue." We are U-Verse subscribers just like you, or at least U-Verse subscribers like you used to be if the wife gets what she wants.

How long have you been a U-Verse subscriber? The Hallmark Channel has not be a part of U-Verse since September 1, 2010. You should have checked the channel lineup list before you subscribed.

I hope you are not a Two and Done Two Post Wonder, and will post again in response.

Pshea1599 wrote:

How are you going to explain this to your wife if you do not switch? After all, you stated that "The wife wants what the wife wants."

No one on this forum can tell you "if ATT considers this a customer issue and if they are doing anything to resolve the issue." We are U-Verse subscribers just like you, or at least U-Verse subscribers like you used to be if the wife gets what she wants.

How long have you been a U-Verse subscriber? The Hallmark Channel has not be a part of U-Verse since September 1, 2010. You should have checked the channel lineup list before you subscribed.

I hope you are not a Two and Done Two Post Wonder, and will post again in response.

22 of 32 (3,748 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2013 7:40:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
We should bump this thread whenever someone posts a H*llm@rk thread.

23 of 32 (3,677 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 4:54:21 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

baseballisback wrote:

Better yet, we ban the word Hallmark so no more threads can be started.

baseballisback wrote:

24 of 32 (3,658 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 5:11:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

oufanindallas wrote:

baseballisback wrote:

Yes!  Can we add "Hallmark" to the word filter?

oufanindallas wrote:

baseballisback wrote:

25 of 32 (3,649 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 8:44:22 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

skeeterintexas wrote:

oufanindallas wrote:

baseballisback wrote:

OR fix the situation so the AT&T apologists  Smiley Wink won't have to answer these threads.  Lol.

skeeterintexas wrote:

oufanindallas wrote:

baseballisback wrote:

OR fix the situation so the AT&T apologists  Smiley Wink won't have to answer these threads.  Lol.

26 of 32 (3,631 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 1:04:09 PM
(0)
Scholar

dhascall,

Even though your post was tongue in cheek, your suggestion just might be the best solution of all!  Smiley Very Happy

dhascall,

Even though your post was tongue in cheek, your suggestion just might be the best solution of all!  Smiley Very Happy

27 of 32 (3,591 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 7:39:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
But if the apologists don't answer, how will they get steak knives?

28 of 32 (3,536 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2013 2:00:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

baseballisback wrote:

They already have at least one set..............  I have mine. Smiley Very Happy

baseballisback wrote:

They already have at least one set..............  I have mine. Smiley Very Happy

29 of 32 (3,487 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 6:36:11 PM
(0)
Contributor
All I can say is that no hallmark movies makes u-verse and crown media a bunch of Scrooges !!!
All I can say is that no hallmark movies makes u-verse and crown media a bunch of Scrooges !!!

30 of 32 (1,892 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments