Helpful Links

Idle after 4 hours - NOT ACCEPTABLE - Uverse is Not Pet Friendly

Contributor

Idle after 4 hours - NOT ACCEPTABLE - Uverse is Not Pet Friendly

We were so excited to get Uverse TV and now will likely be switching to a different cable tv company.  I received confirmation yesterday from ATT tech support, that the blue screen will appear after 4 hours of the tv being idle.  As a dog owner - we always leave the tv on for our dog - it helps her to be alone.  I know many other pet owners who do the same thing.  ATT informed me that this is a factory setting which cannot be changed.  We are very disappointed.

Message 1 of 47
Employee

Re: Idle after 4 hours - NOT ACCEPTABLE - Uverse is Not Pet Friendly

Thinking along a similar line, how about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMLYdoyFfmc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Designed to hit the button on remote in 4 hours, gives 12 hours of TV.
Even animals need down time to rest.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 46 of 47
Highlighted

Re: Idle after 4 hours - NOT ACCEPTABLE - Uverse is Not Pet Friendly

Easiest solution to the pet problem is a DVD. Especially for cats, you can get all kinds of chirping birds and squirrels that go on for hours and then starts over.

The timer is definitely NOT 8 hours every time, it is somewhat random in my house. Sometimes, although not often, it goes to the "OK" screen after 1 hour, most of the time over 4 hours and sometimes not at all. It might have something to do with the downloaded guide schedule - who knows... 

Message 47 of 47
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support