I would like a Pace 5168NV or MOTOROLA NVG589 for my RG

I would like a Pace 5168NV or MOTOROLA NVG589 for my RG

[ Edited ]

I would love if you could send me a Pace 5168NV or MOTOROLA NVG589 as i have need for Gigabit ethernet ports and wireless N. my current RG is a piece of crap note that I have all three U-Verse services. Also I do have pair- bonded VDSL U-Verse Max Turbo

Message 1 of 4 (1,395 Views)
Employee

Re: I would like a Pace 5168NV or MOTOROLA NVG589 for my RG

The nvg589 is currently only for NEW pair boned accounts in select areas, not currently available in our part of the state but is for the VHO that covers the state capitol area.
Even in areas with access, inid repairs and/or replacement is with same inid equipment until inventory is depleted. Conclusion no new RG for you, unless you invest in your own router with N, Gigabit ports and set it up behind i38HG or direct wire and enable external port.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (1,356 Views)
ACE - Professor

my thoughts wrote:
The nvg589 is currently only for NEW pair boned accounts in select areas, not currently available in our part of the state but is for the VHO that covers the state capitol area.
Even in areas with access, inid repairs and/or replacement is with same inid equipment until inventory is depleted. Conclusion no new RG for you, unless you invest in your own router with N, Gigabit ports and set it up behind i38HG or direct wire and enable external port.

A customer had received an NVG589 in replacement of their iNID that was failing to provide decent service. So, I wouldn't say just for new at this time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4 (1,325 Views)
Employee

The information provided is based on att communication to employees, BAU (business as usual) implies protocol isfollowed , if a tech or manager breaks protocol does not mean or imply that company policy has changed. Again official stand in our area is NEW only in place of inid, not to be used for single pair installs or inid replacements till inventory is depleted. If a different district or VHO is operating outside of this I have no knowledge.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4 (1,288 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.