I wish...

I wish...

That they would have mentioned my bill would be a lot higher the first time because they bill ahead one month.  So my first bill was services up until the billing cycle+ a normal billing cycle.

The contract I signed says $147 (w/o taxes)

My first bill was over $400.  They knocked off $100 which still isn't anywhere near what's on the contract I signed.

I wish the people selling ATT were better trained and better informed, because we feel lied to (about other things, too)

I kind of wish we still had comcast.

Message 1 of 4 (395 Views)
Employee

Re: I wish...

I am sorry to hear of your wish, how did you sign up for services.
On line fine print detail addresses billing,in store or D2D probably only informs if asked, any other questions, no questions no information.

From http://www.att.com/u-verse/att-terms-of-service.jsp

Payment Cycle and Cancellation. Billing for the Services commences when AT&T has provisioned the Services. Recurring charges for each month's Services will be billed one month in advance. Billing is based on a 30-day cycle. Non-recurring and usage-based charges for the Services generally will be billed in the billing cycle following the transaction. Your first bill for Services may include pro-rated charges for a partial monthly period prior to the beginning of your first monthly billing cycle. Upon termination you will be charged for the pro-rated number of days for which you had Services in that billing cycle and, if applicable, you will receive a credit for any balance of payments for Services billed in advance. A downgrade fee may apply if you make changes to your Service within thirty (30) days of Service provisioning or later programming orders.

Most of fine print details http://www.att.com/u-verse/explore/offer-details.jsp
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (386 Views)
Highlighted

Thanks for the reply and information.  It was D2D

Message 3 of 4 (362 Views)
Community Support

Hello JustDan13579,

I apologize for the issues you are having with your billing. If you could please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, E-mail, phone number, and the best time to reach you. We will be happy to look into it for you. Expect a response within 2 business days.

Keep an eye on the at the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4 (335 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support