I was lied to by salesperson

Contributor

I was lied to by salesperson

The sales rep lied to my parents and I that we can get Eilte internet for $34.95 for 12 months.She promised it was Eilte internet 6 mbps. We told her mutilple times to verify it. Once I recivied the bill its said I was only paying for Pro service. I called today to see if this was a error, they told me that they can't provid me with Elite service and I was misinformed. How can I be misinformed if we asked her more then 5 times. I was outright lied to by the salesperson.

Is there anybody else who has been through this, and/or does anybody have any advice?

Message 1 of 3 (249 Views)

Re: I was lied to by salesperson

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Please include your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. It may take up to 48 hours for them to respond and please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

Customer care is not the same as customer service. They are a dedicated escalation team that gets issues resolved when other means have failed.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 2 of 3 (232 Views)
Tutor

Re: I was lied to by salesperson

I was lied to, also.  I found a promotional offer for $39 for phone & internet together. I called and signed up.  When I started getting bills for $69, I called and they "graciously" offered to lower it to $43 a month.  I asked to talk to a supervisor who alerted me that I will be paying $49 a month.

Message 3 of 3 (203 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.