I want to file a complaint with at&t against a specific "customer service" agent.

Tutor

I want to file a complaint with at&t against a specific "customer service" agent.

I should start at the beginning.  Like a fool, I fell for AT&T's wonderful Uverse advertisement.  So I decided to try it.  It started with the installer, who took five or six hours to do a two hour job, and when he left, I had no information on the new modem, no means to get information (have you tried to follow links on your site?), and a modem that did not have wireless enabled.  I called the installer.  He said "its simple.  its automatic.  just put your tablet next to the modem and it all happens automatically".  NOPE, dude, it is not automatic.  And YOU needed to make sure that the dsl was off. 

Well part of it worked.  The internet connection worked, but none of the help I requested even had an idea.  I got sent multiple times all over the world, with the exception of English speaking countries, even where it might be a third or fourth language.  However, I started getting multiple bills per month, including bills for dsl (which I think uverse was supposed to supplant).  I ended up with two accounts, and got bills on each account.  Often for the very same thing. 

I began the customer service runaround dance 3/31/14.  I spent over five hours on the phone, mainly trying to find someone who spoke english.  I finally got someone who claimed to be from Arizona, and spoke a very heavily accented version of English. I am guessing Mexico.  I explained to this woman that I wanted my billing straightened out and I wanted to take DSL OFF of my bill. 

I spent well in excess of an hour with her at least.  After being MIA for a long time, she returned and told me that everything was solved.  To her it may have been.  Within an hour of speaking to this woman, my telephone account was turned off.  Once I was able to find an American customer service agent, I was informed that whatever she did to my account, it could not be recovered, and my phone number could not be given back to me.

The agent today offered to give me voip on my internet line, but now I have to wait another day for the installer to come out and finish the job.  I am NOT holding my breath. 

I would like to know WHAT the woman did to my phone account that was so egregious that it could not be recovered, and secondly why she still has a job.  Obviously English was not her native tongue, not even remotely.  How do you confuse "Please take the DSL charge from my bill and get me right" with "Please shut off my phone service and wreck my week" 

At&t makes almost all of their money on the backs of North Americans, but sends all of its jobs to places where there is little to no training, familiarity, or concern about what they tell us.  They have a one page script which inevitably ends in catastrophe.  As long as at&t contines this practice, its position in the world of successful customer service drops precipitously day by day.  Not that this seems to matter.

So who do I need to contact to file an official complaint against this woman, her supervisors, her instructors, and everyone who had a hand in hiring her.

So why am I so angry?  I have been a long time at&t customer, and have been to this rodeo repeatedly.  All I have seen is worse customer disservice each day.  It is like you really really want to see how badly you can treat customers in every area and still keep a couple.

Message 1 of 5 (752 Views)
Community Manager

Re: I want to file a complaint with at&t against a specific "customer service" agent.

Hello, Bugged19!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experiences. I completely understand your frustration after losing your home phone service. We'd certainly be happy to help, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5 (738 Views)
Employee

Re: I want to file a complaint with at&t against a specific "customer service" agent.

I can definitely understand your frustration with the entire situation. Normally whenever a customer is setting up new U-Verse service whether it be tv, internet or phone, if there is a dsl account set up at the address where this U-Verse account is being set up, the sales rep will have the capability of setting the disconnect for the dsl service. So if this is the case, then it's strange that it wasn't done. Normally whenever the dsl is connected and there is a home phone as well, if the home phone wasn't switched to VOIP, then the home phone is not usually disconnected. If it's for a different address, a separate call would need to be made to have the dsl services disconnected. As far as the agent you spoke with, I'm not sure what she would have done, but chances are she did not knowingly disconnect your phone service and if she said she was in Arizona, this is most likely the case, because we do have a center in Arizona because I work at it. We are close to the Mexico border, so yes, quite a few people in Arizona will have hispanic accents.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5 (707 Views)
Employee

With all that being said, I hope your situation gets resolved.

Employee Contributor*
Message 4 of 5 (706 Views)
Contributor

Wow!  Have yiou hit the nail on the head.  I've just got the U-verse and they have messed up the previous plans and services that I had with my plain old telephone.  I filed a complaint with the FCC.  A Ms. L------.K----. from the office of the president (of AT$T) called to tell me that all had been fixed.  When I explained that the corrections made to my phone were not the ones requested and the problem  that I wanted corrected still existed, she said that what I was requesting (now) was not what I had mentioned to the FCC.  Ms. . K---- either can't or didn't read the complaint.  I tried to tell her that she coiuld revisit the complaint.  She hung up on me.

She is the most rude person I've come across.  I'd be surprised if this woman didn't have many complaints filed against her.

I'm ending a 25 year relationship with AT&T.

Message 5 of 5 (293 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.