I've had enough!!!!

Tutor

I've had enough!!!!

I've had issues with our TV picture freezing while watching and recording since installation (may)... Technicians have been out repeatedly... I had a technician scheduled to come it on Saturday and they never showed up... Called on Sunday to complain and they scheduled a technician to come out today, got another no call, no show...

This is not the first time this had happened... The last time we received a $30 credit... Come on, really? I just tried to watch a recording of an hour long show and there was SIX minutes recorded at 2am... I usually get gaps of two or three minutes every fifteen minutes or so...

This is a ridiculous waste of my time and I'm not getting the service that I've paid for... The chat is ridiculous, at first I actually believed "I can help with that", now I realize it's a farce...

Who do I speak with to get a refund for the service I paid for and didn't receive and cancel my service without paying a cancelation fee?
Message 1 of 14 (640 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: I've had enough!!!!

I would recommend you send a private message to AT&T Customer Care using the link below.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 14 (606 Views)
Community Support

Hi jpark31,

I'm sorry to hear about the service trouble. We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Message 3 of 14 (567 Views)
Tutor

So, I heard from AT&T and then had a THIRD no show appointment on Friday... well, not actually a no show, the appointment was scheduled for 12-4pm on Friday and I received a call at 5:45 telling me that they would be there in 30 minutes... We had to leave a 6 so we couldn't be there...seriously, if you schedule a time from 12-4 and call me at 5:45 telling me your going to be late is that acceptable?

So, we reschedule an appointment on Saturday 8-12, the technician shows at 9:20 and stays until 1:20...he replaced the DVR, checked the house wiring and then ran a cable out to the ATT port...still the same problem, he calls in to have somebody come out and they won't do anything because there is supposedly an outage...

He left and still the same problems with the picture freezing!!!

Message 4 of 14 (499 Views)
Tutor

I've been on the phone with ATT support for 2 hours now... I've learned that the Uverse configuration in our part of town is the only place in the country and that the box outside requires a software update, they've known about it for a year and that the software update will happen in the 3rd quarter of 2014...

Message 5 of 14 (492 Views)
Expert

I suggest you contact Customer Care again, and let them know what happened with your last appointment.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Care.  They will make this right.

Message 6 of 14 (469 Views)
Tutor

Actually,

I received a response from them and was told that I would receive a call from the Executive group in two or three business days but I haven't heard anything...

Had an inside tech and outside tech out today...wasted another 6 hours of my time and still didn't fix the port or card issue...it seems like nobody wants to fix the problem... they changed the modem out again...it was just replaced last week!!!!!

My disgust with AT&T has grown substantially...

Message 7 of 14 (463 Views)
Tutor

Still not fixed...was told a technician was coming back out today...didn't happen...
Message 8 of 14 (421 Views)
Tutor

still no response from the "Executive group" or repair done yet...AT&T rocks!

Message 9 of 14 (396 Views)
ACE - Professor

jpark31 wrote:

still no response from the "Executive group" or repair done yet...AT&T rocks!

Did you follow RCSMG's advice and send a follow up messge to customer care? If their first solution didn't help, they need to know so they can make sure they keep working to get it resolved.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 10 of 14 (374 Views)
Scholar

I recently had an issue where I was getting random signal interruption. Initially they focused on the RG and changed out the box.....twice....because the RG boxes are often refurbished and the techs have no confidence in them. That didn't fx the problem so then they started changing out cables.

Once my issue was escalated to Level 2, I got some resolution. A tech tested the signal coming into the RG from outside the house and saw signal fluctuation that was not normal. With the cables from the drop to the house already having been changed, the only thing left was the port. Even though the port was testing as being good, it was an older technology port. The tech set up for an exterior tech to come out and change the port. As soon as that was done, all my problems went away.

Message 11 of 14 (372 Views)
Tutor

Yes I did follow RCSMG's advice and sent multiple follow up messages and didn't hear anything until I actually called the AT&T Presidents office and left a message for him yesterday... I received a call from his billing representative this morning and this afternoon I received a call from his techincal representative... Supposedly, they have another technician coming out tommorrow...hopefully, it actually happens this time...

Message 12 of 14 (317 Views)
Tutor

Well, they replaced my boxes and the modem even after MULTIPLE inside technicians determined there was not a problem with the wiring or equipment in the house...Yet, the outside techs have been unable to get permission to replace the card or the port...

My issue was escalated to Level 2 quite some time ago and the outside techs have refused to do a port or card swap...It's now been escalated even higher, so hopefully this situation will be fixed soon...

It's been so disappointing to hear the same song and dance from multiple Level 2 people though as well...I've stopped believing what they tell me...they are at the mercy of the local technicians who seem to do what they want, which seems to me is to do nothing, close out the ticket and say it's fixed...Is it because they get paid for closing tickets with no repercussions irregardless of the quality or completeness of the work done? Or is it that they don't want to replace the port or card due to the cost of the part and low ROI? I believe they told me that I'm the only person on my street with UVERSE, so possibly it makes more sense for them to force me to cancel by refusing to provide the service that I am paying for?

I don't know the answers to those questions, I only know that I've had poor intermittent service since April when we moved in and it has gotten increasingly worse over time. It wouldn't be so bad however I've had a total of 5 service appointments where nobody showed up and I had to take time off to meet them or the fact that I've had mutliple supervisors tell me over the phone what the problem is and they still won't fix it...

I thought Time Warner's customer service was poor but AT&T has taken it to a completely different level of insanity...

Message 13 of 14 (313 Views)

In my area, the tech who last came out to the house because I was having an issue with my signal going in and out was able to move my port himself so not sure why you are having that issue.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 14 of 14 (304 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.