Posted Jul 26, 2013
1:33:27 AM
I too registered with a new member ID by misunderstanding as the tech guided me through the process.

When u verse was installed, the tech guided me through the registration. Not understanding, I did not choose using my existing Member I D of sbcglobal.net . Reading these posts has me worried that I'm about to lose that email account! This U verse thing is eating our lunch. Every day seems to be another question or issue and we don't have enough understanding of U verse to handle them. It is so different with so many aspects to deal with. If things continue to be this difficult, we are thinking of canceling it and going back to old cable and our DSL. We are having phone issues...no dial tone until we unplug and re-plug phone connection from the (Gateway? Wireless router? Modem? Thingy?) We are suppose to have a Network: this computer plus two more. One has internet and one does NOT. This computer which is the primary is showing NO other computers--only this computer.  Also, so far, we cannot get ON DEMAND to work on the tV. Frustrated MUCH? O yeah.

When u verse was installed, the tech guided me through the registration. Not understanding, I did not choose using my existing Member I D of sbcglobal.net . Reading these posts has me worried that I'm about to lose that email account! This U verse thing is eating our lunch. Every day seems to be another question or issue and we don't have enough understanding of U verse to handle them. It is so different with so many aspects to deal with. If things continue to be this difficult, we are thinking of canceling it and going back to old cable and our DSL. We are having phone issues...no dial tone until we unplug and re-plug phone connection from the (Gateway? Wireless router? Modem? Thingy?) We are suppose to have a Network: this computer plus two more. One has internet and one does NOT. This computer which is the primary is showing NO other computers--only this computer.  Also, so far, we cannot get ON DEMAND to work on the tV. Frustrated MUCH? O yeah.

I too registered with a new member ID by misunderstanding as the tech guided me through the process.

5 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2013 3:33:22 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Since this is account related hold on and one of the community managers will stop in and assist you with getting your email address and account set up correctly.

They can also run some tests on your service to help fix the other issues you have.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Since this is account related hold on and one of the community managers will stop in and assist you with getting your email address and account set up correctly.

They can also run some tests on your service to help fix the other issues you have.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: I too registered with a new member ID by misunderstanding as the tech guided me through the process.

2 of 6 (358 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2013 7:04:19 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hello, gwenny10

My name is Morgan, I'm one of the Community Managers. I'm very sorry to hear that you've had multiple issues with the U-verse service. I'll be glad to help you get these issues resolved. I'm going to send you a private message that will land in your inbox and we will move forward from there. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hello, gwenny10

My name is Morgan, I'm one of the Community Managers. I'm very sorry to hear that you've had multiple issues with the U-verse service. I'll be glad to help you get these issues resolved. I'm going to send you a private message that will land in your inbox and we will move forward from there. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: I too registered with a new member ID by misunderstanding as the tech guided me through the process.

3 of 6 (358 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2013 11:09:51 PM
(0)
Tutor

Morgan, I have an update, and it's good news! We finally were able to talk to someone this evening that took pity on us. He said it was going to come out himself...I think he is a manager..but instead he sent someone out that had lots of experience. The problem seems to be fixed..we now have phone, internet AND TV..Will wonders ever cease. The problem was a phone cable that belonged to our OLD stuff..As soon as it was removedit was not suppose to be usedEVERYTHING worked. The lines were fighting each other. I'm surprised we EVER had any service that worked. We still have exposed tangled cables in just about every room, but we can work on that later. Don't know why something was not done with them..Very unsightly. Only thing I can figure out, is they got in a hurry with the install toward the end..it had taken longer than most jobs. And the guy was pretty new...fresh out of the military..very nice guy. I just wish U-verse had more experienced people

working for them...most do not know anything. At least that has been our experience.

Still wondering if my sbcglobal email account is safe, or if we can MAKE it safe..Thanks..

Morgan, I have an update, and it's good news! We finally were able to talk to someone this evening that took pity on us. He said it was going to come out himself...I think he is a manager..but instead he sent someone out that had lots of experience. The problem seems to be fixed..we now have phone, internet AND TV..Will wonders ever cease. The problem was a phone cable that belonged to our OLD stuff..As soon as it was removedit was not suppose to be usedEVERYTHING worked. The lines were fighting each other. I'm surprised we EVER had any service that worked. We still have exposed tangled cables in just about every room, but we can work on that later. Don't know why something was not done with them..Very unsightly. Only thing I can figure out, is they got in a hurry with the install toward the end..it had taken longer than most jobs. And the guy was pretty new...fresh out of the military..very nice guy. I just wish U-verse had more experienced people

working for them...most do not know anything. At least that has been our experience.

Still wondering if my sbcglobal email account is safe, or if we can MAKE it safe..Thanks..

4 of 6 (358 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2013 4:51:16 PM
(0)
Tutor

We have had u v since WEDNESDAY, and it just gets crazier and more unprofessional BY THE DAY! As I said in this previous post, things seemed to be finally working as of 7 pm last night. TODAY, our PHONE SERVICE is NOT WORKING! WE got in touch with the phone tech we had been dealing with, and he discovers that I, I had cancelled the PHONE SERVICE! Only I DIDN'T DO ANY OF THE SORT! HE tells us to call and get it turned back on, gave us a number for,  I suppose business u v. They say, no you want PHONE, and gave him /husband a number. He calls, they think he doesn't want (some number), he says that's not my number.  They send him BACK to U V, who tries to send him BACK to PHONE! He hung up on the person and called phone tech back who says HE would call biz office, and maybe have a conference CAll with husband. That was 30 min ago! HAVEN'T HEARD BACK! How did they have an order with my name on it canceling our phone service? We didn't even have service

till 7 last night on ANYTHING! MY husband was on the phone, cell,  talking to THEM all yesterday trying to get our services up! We have entered some bizarro world, Twilight Zone, Outer Limits all rolled up in ONE! WHAT A MISTAKE WE MADE buying into U V! Never in my wildest nightmares could we have ever imagined what a fiasco. Incompetence, unprofessional are words that don't even begin to describe this outfit so called business!

I guess if this mess gets fixed before we cancel, which we should have already done, THEN I will lose my current email, and we will start with THAT! I don't have ANY hope this will be fixed. It hasn't been up and running but a couple hours here and couple hours there since install, if you call it install. What a bad bad joke...on us.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

We have had u v since WEDNESDAY, and it just gets crazier and more unprofessional BY THE DAY! As I said in this previous post, things seemed to be finally working as of 7 pm last night. TODAY, our PHONE SERVICE is NOT WORKING! WE got in touch with the phone tech we had been dealing with, and he discovers that I, I had cancelled the PHONE SERVICE! Only I DIDN'T DO ANY OF THE SORT! HE tells us to call and get it turned back on, gave us a number for,  I suppose business u v. They say, no you want PHONE, and gave him /husband a number. He calls, they think he doesn't want (some number), he says that's not my number.  They send him BACK to U V, who tries to send him BACK to PHONE! He hung up on the person and called phone tech back who says HE would call biz office, and maybe have a conference CAll with husband. That was 30 min ago! HAVEN'T HEARD BACK! How did they have an order with my name on it canceling our phone service? We didn't even have service

till 7 last night on ANYTHING! MY husband was on the phone, cell,  talking to THEM all yesterday trying to get our services up! We have entered some bizarro world, Twilight Zone, Outer Limits all rolled up in ONE! WHAT A MISTAKE WE MADE buying into U V! Never in my wildest nightmares could we have ever imagined what a fiasco. Incompetence, unprofessional are words that don't even begin to describe this outfit so called business!

I guess if this mess gets fixed before we cancel, which we should have already done, THEN I will lose my current email, and we will start with THAT! I don't have ANY hope this will be fixed. It hasn't been up and running but a couple hours here and couple hours there since install, if you call it install. What a bad bad joke...on us.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

5 of 6 (358 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2013 5:06:20 PM
(0)
Community Support

We apologize for all the confusion. I have sent you a private message to get more information regarding this issue with your phone service.

We apologize for all the confusion. I have sent you a private message to get more information regarding this issue with your phone service.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 6 (358 Views)