I never thought AT&T could be this bad.

Voyager

I never thought AT&T could be this bad.

I've been a u-verse customer for about 2 months. And I have down 3 days without internet or landline. I thought this only happened in the early '60's. Finally somebody came solve the problem and replace the modem.router. I was elated. OK, I will live through that. But when it came time to use it from my bedroom or guestroom (let alonhe the next floor), I could not get a wireless signal- very weak - or non-existent. It turns out that they have installed an 802.11.g. I have been surprised when I was asked by AT&T to pay $100 for my initial eqipment but I thought it was a cheap price to pay for At&T technology. I called up customer service and was connected to tech support. I told them my problem and that I wanted an N version which would afford me greater coverage. Sherwin ( I think that was her name) declined my request saying that they only give out the N version to those customers that are far from their stations. I could not believe myself when I heard this response since the N has nothing to do with distance from the AT&T station but the distance from the wireless router to the client devices.

I asked them for my $100 back but they refused and said that if I discontinue my service I will have to incur a hefty penalty charge. That means I will be out the $100 for an antiquated technology plus the penalty. After calming down a little bit, I have decided to just purchase some good rpeater (definitely AT&T) and fight them as I know how- through social media. Let the world know that U-verse technology is ancient and is SLOW and that technical and customer support sucks!

OK. Bring it on!

Message 1 of 2 (191 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Re: I never thought AT&T could be this bad.

gcampo, click on the hyperlink in my sig for AT&T Customer Care, they are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Support.  Send them a PM with your info and issue and they will help you get this resolved.  Watch the blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification.  As they will reply to by PM as well.

Message 2 of 2 (131 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.