I'm not getting incoming calls.

Voyager

I'm not getting incoming calls.

[ Edited ]

Just had u-verse voice and internet installed this afternoon. I can make outgoing calls. I tried to call from my mobile(tracfone) and it just rings. No ringing on the home phone. 

Message 1 of 7 (463 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: I'm not getting incoming calls.

dfvalenta - Calls a routed by a data base. at&t issues updates after install & each provider updates their data base. The one for your cell phone may be done over night. Check it again tomorrow.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7 (458 Views)
Highlighted
Voyager

I was hoping that was all it was. I'll check tomorrow.

Message 3 of 7 (457 Views)
Employee

Did you have the same number before with a different provider including AT&T POTS line?

When did you place the order compared to your install date?

If had existing number transferred, generally takes 5 to 10 business days (not counting weekends) read 2-3 weeks before number is transferred.

phones hooked to RG allows outgoing calls, no incoming calls till transfer completed.
if had phones with a different provider, call the provider to find out when number will be released... if you have not requested release yet...need to do so.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 7 (422 Views)
Employee

Or the tech simply forgot to port it. When i was a tech we were not allowed to leave until we tested incoming and outgoing calls, and also setup voicemail . At any rate the tech should have informed you of the trouble if there was any. 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 7 (391 Views)
Voyager

[ Edited ]

Everthing worked fine after 8 pm. This was a self install so the tech never came inside but he was very helpfull in guiding me through my setup.

Message 6 of 7 (382 Views)
Employee

Good to hear issue resolved, thank you for posting update.
Employee Contributor*
Message 7 of 7 (349 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.