Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted May 12, 2014
2:10:57 PM
View profile
I'm not getting incoming calls.
Edited by dfvalenta on May 12, 2014 at 2:13:24 PM

Just had u-verse voice and internet installed this afternoon. I can make outgoing calls. I tried to call from my mobile(tracfone) and it just rings. No ringing on the home phone. 

Just had u-verse voice and internet installed this afternoon. I can make outgoing calls. I tried to call from my mobile(tracfone) and it just rings. No ringing on the home phone. 

I'm not getting incoming calls.

[ Edited ]
6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2014 2:17:12 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
dfvalenta - Calls a routed by a data base. at&t issues updates after install & each provider updates their data base. The one for your cell phone may be done over night. Check it again tomorrow.
dfvalenta - Calls a routed by a data base. at&t issues updates after install & each provider updates their data base. The one for your cell phone may be done over night. Check it again tomorrow.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: I'm not getting incoming calls.

2 of 7 (446 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2014 2:18:54 PM
(0)
Voyager

I was hoping that was all it was. I'll check tomorrow.

I was hoping that was all it was. I'll check tomorrow.

3 of 7 (445 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2014 8:56:09 PM
(0)
Employee
Did you have the same number before with a different provider including AT&T POTS line?

When did you place the order compared to your install date?

If had existing number transferred, generally takes 5 to 10 business days (not counting weekends) read 2-3 weeks before number is transferred.

phones hooked to RG allows outgoing calls, no incoming calls till transfer completed.
if had phones with a different provider, call the provider to find out when number will be released... if you have not requested release yet...need to do so.
Did you have the same number before with a different provider including AT&T POTS line?

When did you place the order compared to your install date?

If had existing number transferred, generally takes 5 to 10 business days (not counting weekends) read 2-3 weeks before number is transferred.

phones hooked to RG allows outgoing calls, no incoming calls till transfer completed.
if had phones with a different provider, call the provider to find out when number will be released... if you have not requested release yet...need to do so.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 7 (410 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2014 11:29:34 AM
(0)
Employee

Or the tech simply forgot to port it. When i was a tech we were not allowed to leave until we tested incoming and outgoing calls, and also setup voicemail . At any rate the tech should have informed you of the trouble if there was any. 

Or the tech simply forgot to port it. When i was a tech we were not allowed to leave until we tested incoming and outgoing calls, and also setup voicemail . At any rate the tech should have informed you of the trouble if there was any. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 7 (379 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2014 1:36:14 PM
(0)
Voyager
Edited by dfvalenta on May 13, 2014 at 1:37:19 PM

Everthing worked fine after 8 pm. This was a self install so the tech never came inside but he was very helpfull in guiding me through my setup.

Everthing worked fine after 8 pm. This was a self install so the tech never came inside but he was very helpfull in guiding me through my setup.

[ Edited ]
6 of 7 (370 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2014 7:44:57 AM
(0)
Employee
Good to hear issue resolved, thank you for posting update.
Good to hear issue resolved, thank you for posting update.

7 of 7 (337 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments