Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 12, 2013
1:36:20 PM
View profile
I'm getting the "runaround" in getting my Uverse fixed

Can someone share the best way to get a technician to actually come to my house during the time scheduled to repair my Uverse.  AT&T agents and technicians are giving me the "runaround".  Does good customer service exist anymore?

Can someone share the best way to get a technician to actually come to my house during the time scheduled to repair my Uverse.  AT&T agents and technicians are giving me the "runaround".  Does good customer service exist anymore?

I'm getting the "runaround" in getting my Uverse fixed

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2013 5:03:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Please include your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. It may take up to 48 hours for them to respond and please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

Customer care is not the same as customer service. They are a dedicated escalation team that gets issues resolved when other means have failed.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Please include your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. It may take up to 48 hours for them to respond and please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

Customer care is not the same as customer service. They are a dedicated escalation team that gets issues resolved when other means have failed.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: I'm getting the "runaround" in getting my Uverse fixed

2 of 11 (720 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2013 7:14:54 PM
(0)
Employee
Welcome, i understand the frustration when expectations are not meet.
Time windows are more difficult to handle, the system allows for x number of installs and repairs in each window.
Installs are generally 9-11, 11-1, and 1-3.....repairs are 8-12, 12-4, and 4-8.
Based on everyone showing up that is scheduled (no call ins) and jobs completed in designed time the system normally works, however if people call in sick, the work load is not reduced, just everybody else has to do more for a longer time.
Add in jobs taking longer than scheduled due to outside line techs needed to be brought in to complete a 3.5 hour install in 5.5 hours.
Options, 1) any job needing outside help is returned to be installed another day (not making customer happy who maybe took a day off worh and now might have to take another.
Option 2) stay and play....tech stayson job and waits for outside lineman to complete his work so tech can finish his, adding 2- 4 hours to job...less time to make next appointment on time.
When a tech dispatches gets next job in pool qualifys for, but might be an hours drive, tech dispatched at 4:30 for a 1-3 install or 5:30 for a 12-4 repair, and still has to drive there.
I have been dispatched on jobs at 7:45 with a 45 min drive time, on precall customer and inform of arrival about 8:30pm customer cancels and reschedules saying too late in day, missed 4-8 time slot,try again....this is generally cause of small children they want to put down or have to get up at 3:30 am to get ready for work.

To answer your question,best time to schedule an appointment and believe will get service within time frame is Sundays.
No installs scheduled for Sundays, all repairs, more experienced techs, in both time with company and doing repairs.
Caution .....may interfere with the football game this time of year.
Welcome, i understand the frustration when expectations are not meet.
Time windows are more difficult to handle, the system allows for x number of installs and repairs in each window.
Installs are generally 9-11, 11-1, and 1-3.....repairs are 8-12, 12-4, and 4-8.
Based on everyone showing up that is scheduled (no call ins) and jobs completed in designed time the system normally works, however if people call in sick, the work load is not reduced, just everybody else has to do more for a longer time.
Add in jobs taking longer than scheduled due to outside line techs needed to be brought in to complete a 3.5 hour install in 5.5 hours.
Options, 1) any job needing outside help is returned to be installed another day (not making customer happy who maybe took a day off worh and now might have to take another.
Option 2) stay and play....tech stayson job and waits for outside lineman to complete his work so tech can finish his, adding 2- 4 hours to job...less time to make next appointment on time.
When a tech dispatches gets next job in pool qualifys for, but might be an hours drive, tech dispatched at 4:30 for a 1-3 install or 5:30 for a 12-4 repair, and still has to drive there.
I have been dispatched on jobs at 7:45 with a 45 min drive time, on precall customer and inform of arrival about 8:30pm customer cancels and reschedules saying too late in day, missed 4-8 time slot,try again....this is generally cause of small children they want to put down or have to get up at 3:30 am to get ready for work.

To answer your question,best time to schedule an appointment and believe will get service within time frame is Sundays.
No installs scheduled for Sundays, all repairs, more experienced techs, in both time with company and doing repairs.
Caution .....may interfere with the football game this time of year.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 11 (705 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2013 11:13:28 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by RCSMG on Sep 14, 2013 at 12:37:22 PM

I have found that getting the first appointment of the day, but now as stated above the earlier appointment time ranges from 8am to 12pm.  Also, if you continue to have trouble getting your appointment times kept click on the hyperlink in my sig and send a PM to Customer Care.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service, who can get this resolved for you.  Send them a PM with your info and your issue and they will be in touch with you.  Watch the little blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification, as they will reply to you via PM as well.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/2365485

I have found that getting the first appointment of the day, but now as stated above the earlier appointment time ranges from 8am to 12pm.  Also, if you continue to have trouble getting your appointment times kept click on the hyperlink in my sig and send a PM to Customer Care.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service, who can get this resolved for you.  Send them a PM with your info and your issue and they will be in touch with you.  Watch the little blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification, as they will reply to you via PM as well.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/2365485

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 11 (643 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2013 9:10:40 PM
(0)
Scholar
to my_thoughts. Why don't they just send that one experienced guy, instead of having the inexperienced guy mess up and having to send the experienced tech out to fix it again? I've moved a few times over the years, and the initial installer has messed up 3 of the 4 times. AT&T should train their new techs better.
to my_thoughts. Why don't they just send that one experienced guy, instead of having the inexperienced guy mess up and having to send the experienced tech out to fix it again? I've moved a few times over the years, and the initial installer has messed up 3 of the 4 times. AT&T should train their new techs better.

5 of 11 (579 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2013 10:52:49 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by my thoughts on Sep 15, 2013 at 10:59:21 PM

Every tech goes thru the same training, what a person brings to the job is different, a master electrician, a bartender, an IT grad, a high school grad or veteran from our Armed Forces each bring a different set of skills, viewpoint and work ethic but all are hired and receive same training, expected to do the job trained for and gain experience by doing the job.
Uverse is expanding, the numbers of individuals hired in all aspects from sales, to call centers, to outside plant and premise / wire techs all have to gain experience by doing the ON THE JOB training after completing class room education.
All jobs have a curve, a waitress first day or doctor in resident requirements, all will make mistakes, the expectation is high as it should be...the quality of employee is dependant on economy, many individuals are working in uverse with bachelor degrees.

Pay scales can be $8.86 starting in SE (Bell South) to 5 year max in CA of -$24 per hour depending on region of country, education and job experience, and time with company.
As Uverse is relative new few techs have more than 2 years experience.
Source....
http://m.topix.com/forum/dallas/TR37JEH86FO62J943/p332
UVERSE training ......want to join. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIklbd3qj-I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Every tech goes thru the same training, what a person brings to the job is different, a master electrician, a bartender, an IT grad, a high school grad or veteran from our Armed Forces each bring a different set of skills, viewpoint and work ethic but all are hired and receive same training, expected to do the job trained for and gain experience by doing the job.
Uverse is expanding, the numbers of individuals hired in all aspects from sales, to call centers, to outside plant and premise / wire techs all have to gain experience by doing the ON THE JOB training after completing class room education.
All jobs have a curve, a waitress first day or doctor in resident requirements, all will make mistakes, the expectation is high as it should be...the quality of employee is dependant on economy, many individuals are working in uverse with bachelor degrees.

Pay scales can be $8.86 starting in SE (Bell South) to 5 year max in CA of -$24 per hour depending on region of country, education and job experience, and time with company.
As Uverse is relative new few techs have more than 2 years experience.
Source....
http://m.topix.com/forum/dallas/TR37JEH86FO62J943/p332
UVERSE training ......want to join. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIklbd3qj-I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
6 of 11 (566 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2013 10:18:43 AM
(0)
Scholar

Of course all jobs have a curve, there's a difference between the typical high school grad, chef, or an electronics graduate when it comes to understanding technology.  You can't just hire anyone off the street and expect quality service.  It seems that $8.86 is quite low for someone that should be technically capable.  It's no wonder that some of these guys don't seem to know what they're doing.  The experienced guys are not easily replaceable with some bartender with no basic knowledge of the technology.  You aren't going to get anyone skilled at that price.

Also, $24/hour is barely living expenses in certain parts of CA, especially in the more populated sectors.  It's no wonder relatively few techs have more than 2 years experience.  The wages encourage turnover.  AT&T is wasting its time and resources with HR constantly hiring new people.  People are not cogs.

Pay better and you'll get better quality people to apply to the job.  Otherwise, you end up repeatedly sending out techs until that one guy that can do the job shows up.  All those repeats on my repair must have cost quite a bit more than my monthly bill.  If AT&T just payed a little more and hired better quality employees, or even just to try to keep the experienced ones, they'll probably save some money long term.  This is extremely short term planning.

Of course all jobs have a curve, there's a difference between the typical high school grad, chef, or an electronics graduate when it comes to understanding technology.  You can't just hire anyone off the street and expect quality service.  It seems that $8.86 is quite low for someone that should be technically capable.  It's no wonder that some of these guys don't seem to know what they're doing.  The experienced guys are not easily replaceable with some bartender with no basic knowledge of the technology.  You aren't going to get anyone skilled at that price.

Also, $24/hour is barely living expenses in certain parts of CA, especially in the more populated sectors.  It's no wonder relatively few techs have more than 2 years experience.  The wages encourage turnover.  AT&T is wasting its time and resources with HR constantly hiring new people.  People are not cogs.

Pay better and you'll get better quality people to apply to the job.  Otherwise, you end up repeatedly sending out techs until that one guy that can do the job shows up.  All those repeats on my repair must have cost quite a bit more than my monthly bill.  If AT&T just payed a little more and hired better quality employees, or even just to try to keep the experienced ones, they'll probably save some money long term.  This is extremely short term planning.

7 of 11 (459 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2013 6:12:43 PM
(0)
Employee
http://www.doctorwascher.com/health/doctors-frequently-make-the-wrong-diagnosis.html
Professional doctors with years of training , making way more than a uverse tech with 10 weeks of training are only able to be right 6% of time on complex cases.
In addition to seeing the patient, ordering all types of tests, prescriptions abound all at the patients expense, keeping going up with every visit, every test.

People from many walks of life are able to join our armed forces and serve in highly critical areas with just a HS diploma and low pay
Would paying more attract better candidates, possibly...but our economy over the last 5 years have seen many seek new jobs
They are currently underemployed , most thankful to have a job with health benefits that ATT supplies based on union contracts.

What does it take to be an ATT premise tech to install and repair uverse products...
1st pass a mechanical appitude test similar to Barrons, and a basic computer test.
2nd pass a basic physical, drug, vision, color blindness, lifting and be under 275 lbs.
3rd a background check including no major vehicle violations, verified employment history, education.
4th two interview processes with emphasis on customer skills
5th successful completion of classroom and field training

Any and all who can do the above regardless of age (18-70), or experience may apply , be accepted and be your next uverse tech.
http://www.doctorwascher.com/health/doctors-frequently-make-the-wrong-diagnosis.html
Professional doctors with years of training , making way more than a uverse tech with 10 weeks of training are only able to be right 6% of time on complex cases.
In addition to seeing the patient, ordering all types of tests, prescriptions abound all at the patients expense, keeping going up with every visit, every test.

People from many walks of life are able to join our armed forces and serve in highly critical areas with just a HS diploma and low pay
Would paying more attract better candidates, possibly...but our economy over the last 5 years have seen many seek new jobs
They are currently underemployed , most thankful to have a job with health benefits that ATT supplies based on union contracts.

What does it take to be an ATT premise tech to install and repair uverse products...
1st pass a mechanical appitude test similar to Barrons, and a basic computer test.
2nd pass a basic physical, drug, vision, color blindness, lifting and be under 275 lbs.
3rd a background check including no major vehicle violations, verified employment history, education.
4th two interview processes with emphasis on customer skills
5th successful completion of classroom and field training

Any and all who can do the above regardless of age (18-70), or experience may apply , be accepted and be your next uverse tech.

8 of 11 (440 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 1:00:58 PM
(0)
Scholar
Comparing Doctors to AT&T techs is really comparing Apples to Oranges.
Comparing Doctors to AT&T techs is really comparing Apples to Oranges.

9 of 11 (327 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 3:17:23 PM
(0)
Employee
Wiichen previously posted, " Pay better and you'll get better quality people to apply to the job. Otherwise, you end up repeatedly sending out techs until that one guy that can do the job shows up. All those repeats on my repair must have cost quite a bit more than my monthly bill. If AT&T just payed a little more and hired better quality employees, or even just to try to keep the experienced ones, they'll probably save some money long term. This is extremely short term planning."

My post shows that regardless of how much training one has and how much money one is making (doctors) when faced with complex situations only get it all right 6% of the time, yet the expectations of those with less training and less financial reward (uverse techs) are to a higher standard.
If your statement is true doctors should have a much higher accuracy, truth is training and ones personal standard of quality over quantity, has more to do with your perceived values and experiences regardless of how much money your being paid.
Wiichen previously posted, " Pay better and you'll get better quality people to apply to the job. Otherwise, you end up repeatedly sending out techs until that one guy that can do the job shows up. All those repeats on my repair must have cost quite a bit more than my monthly bill. If AT&T just payed a little more and hired better quality employees, or even just to try to keep the experienced ones, they'll probably save some money long term. This is extremely short term planning."

My post shows that regardless of how much training one has and how much money one is making (doctors) when faced with complex situations only get it all right 6% of the time, yet the expectations of those with less training and less financial reward (uverse techs) are to a higher standard.
If your statement is true doctors should have a much higher accuracy, truth is training and ones personal standard of quality over quantity, has more to do with your perceived values and experiences regardless of how much money your being paid.

10 of 11 (315 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2013 9:26:13 AM
(0)
Scholar
It's still comparing Apples to Oranges. Medical problems are more complex and not one size fits all. An AT&T field tech is not a doctor. Don't try to rationalize the difference in errors, because they don't correlate. The amount of knowledge required to diagnose a medical problem is much larger than what's needed to diagnose a network issue based on the amount of fixed equipment available. While most maladies boil down to a common cold or flu, there's just so much more that you need to know. Those patients wouldn't be in the hospital if they just had the flu. What they've shown is that the general practitional doesn't know the details that a specialist would spot. Your AT&T tech is a specialist. He deals with the uVerse DSL realm. With such low pay, you're not going to hire anyone with any advanced technical knowledge. He's also not dealing with the network and the computers and the hvacs and the electricity and the plumbing and the building and the roads. You just can't compare a General Practitioner an AT&T tech. You should compare the error rate of someone in a related field. My statement is true for the AT&T tech and it applies only to the AT&T tech. Don't excuse it by pulling out an unrelated statistic. It's not the same at all.
It's still comparing Apples to Oranges. Medical problems are more complex and not one size fits all. An AT&T field tech is not a doctor. Don't try to rationalize the difference in errors, because they don't correlate. The amount of knowledge required to diagnose a medical problem is much larger than what's needed to diagnose a network issue based on the amount of fixed equipment available. While most maladies boil down to a common cold or flu, there's just so much more that you need to know. Those patients wouldn't be in the hospital if they just had the flu. What they've shown is that the general practitional doesn't know the details that a specialist would spot. Your AT&T tech is a specialist. He deals with the uVerse DSL realm. With such low pay, you're not going to hire anyone with any advanced technical knowledge. He's also not dealing with the network and the computers and the hvacs and the electricity and the plumbing and the building and the roads. You just can't compare a General Practitioner an AT&T tech. You should compare the error rate of someone in a related field. My statement is true for the AT&T tech and it applies only to the AT&T tech. Don't excuse it by pulling out an unrelated statistic. It's not the same at all.

11 of 11 (278 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments