Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 13, 2014
11:15:36 AM
View profile
I'm getting packet loss.

I've run two trace routes, on two ip's for two servers one located in arizona, one located in las vegas. Theres a server node that it is hopping from just outside my area that has been coming up timed out when i'm having the packet loss, and when it comes up an IP i am fine.

This first picture is to the server in arizona..

The second picture is to Vegas.

I've narrowed it down to the third hit to be timed out. And when i've checked the ip online it comes back to 

IP:71.145.65.126
Decimal:1200701822
Hostname:71.145.65.126
ISP:AT&T Internet Services
Organization:SBC Internet Services

Is there anything i can do?

I've run two trace routes, on two ip's for two servers one located in arizona, one located in las vegas. Theres a server node that it is hopping from just outside my area that has been coming up timed out when i'm having the packet loss, and when it comes up an IP i am fine.

This first picture is to the server in arizona..

The second picture is to Vegas.

I've narrowed it down to the third hit to be timed out. And when i've checked the ip online it comes back to 

IP:71.145.65.126
Decimal:1200701822
Hostname:71.145.65.126
ISP:AT&T Internet Services
Organization:SBC Internet Services

Is there anything i can do?

I'm getting packet loss.

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2014 11:18:59 AM
(0)
Contributor

And just to be clear I have U-Verse, but i couldn't post this to anything u-verse related.

And just to be clear I have U-Verse, but i couldn't post this to anything u-verse related.

Re: I'm getting packet loss.

2 of 5 (732 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2014 5:33:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Your traceroutes look fine.  Please explain how you know you're experiencing "packet loss?"

Your traceroutes look fine.  Please explain how you know you're experiencing "packet loss?"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (689 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2014 6:33:23 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Donald3287 on Feb 13, 2014 at 6:34:19 PM

On the game server i'm getting extreme lag while still playable and i don't get disconnected, its still frustrating. I'm delayed when hop 3 is timed out, i'm fine when it goes through, those pictures of the traces are with in a few minutes of eachother, i've done probably about 30 65% of the time that same hop is timed out, the one to arizona theres a timed out at 13, my friends and I came to a conclusion that might be a firewall for the server we're connecting to as they get the same. I am the only one with this sort of lag out of 5 other people. Its not FPS lag. Its connection.

And currently I'm on a teamspeak server same area of hosting i'm at 6% packet loss to that teamspeak

On the game server i'm getting extreme lag while still playable and i don't get disconnected, its still frustrating. I'm delayed when hop 3 is timed out, i'm fine when it goes through, those pictures of the traces are with in a few minutes of eachother, i've done probably about 30 65% of the time that same hop is timed out, the one to arizona theres a timed out at 13, my friends and I came to a conclusion that might be a firewall for the server we're connecting to as they get the same. I am the only one with this sort of lag out of 5 other people. Its not FPS lag. Its connection.

And currently I'm on a teamspeak server same area of hosting i'm at 6% packet loss to that teamspeak

[ Edited ]
4 of 5 (684 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2014 1:58:20 AM
(0)
Contributor

Try running some speed tests.. you will see your connection speed fluctuate and slow down drastically. 

I've had Uverse for about 2 years now, and for the past month or so i've been experiencing the same problem. Nothing was modified or changed on my side, so I'm assuming the problem is with AT&T's servers/routers.  Im also getting multiple "request timed outs" when I run tracert, and whois returns these ips as AT&T servers.

I was thinking it might be AT&T's DNS servers, but even it is we can't do anything about it since theres no option to change it in the gateway, at least not in mine.

Today an AT&T tech spent the whole afternoon doing everything he could from my end, but couldnt find the issue so he's going to escalate it.

Try running some speed tests.. you will see your connection speed fluctuate and slow down drastically. 

I've had Uverse for about 2 years now, and for the past month or so i've been experiencing the same problem. Nothing was modified or changed on my side, so I'm assuming the problem is with AT&T's servers/routers.  Im also getting multiple "request timed outs" when I run tracert, and whois returns these ips as AT&T servers.

I was thinking it might be AT&T's DNS servers, but even it is we can't do anything about it since theres no option to change it in the gateway, at least not in mine.

Today an AT&T tech spent the whole afternoon doing everything he could from my end, but couldnt find the issue so he's going to escalate it.

5 of 5 (514 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments