I'm connected to my router, but I can't access any site except google?

Contributor

I'm connected to my router, but I can't access any site except google?

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I was messing around the other day trying to port forward for my minecraft server, and I accidentally switched the DHCP setting on my router settings to the non default IP range. I instantly lost internet connection on that pc. I thought, since my IP was dynamic, it would fix itself relatively quickly but it hasn't. All of the other devices on the internet are able to connect to my network just fine, just not my pc. I can't go on my computer to fix the setting btw, since it can't go to the router settings. I can however go on the router settings on my main computer which has a wired connection to the router. I have already completed a factory restart of my router, and restarted my computer etc..., is there anything I can do?

I've researched and found the question before, but since they didn't know what caused the issue they all had a hard time of fixing it. I reckon since I know it's because I switched the DHCP settings, I should hopefully get my computer up and running Smiley Very Happy

I talked to AT&T  support but unfortunately they didn't have a clue as to how I could fix it.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 2 (681 Views)
Highlighted
Community Support

Re: I'm connected to my router, but I can't access any site except google?

Hi Jknight87,

I am sorry for the inconveniences, but hopefully, this will be a simple fix. First, you want to check what type of IP address you are getting on your computer. To check on a Windows PC:

1. Click Start
  2. Select Programs
  3. Select Accessories
  4. Select Command Prompt
  5. In the command prompt, type IPCONFIG
  6. Press Enter

It will give the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway. Make sure those settings match what you set on your router.

If you have a MAC:

1. Open your Network Preferences
  2. Select the method you are connecting on the left
  3. Click on Advanced
  4. Click on TCP/IP

Again, you just want to make sure the information match your settings.

If they do not, let us know your IP address you are getting, and we will be able to assist with determining the issue.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (567 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.