Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 28, 2013
5:55:33 PM
View profile
I lost my TV signal how do I reset my remote?

I lost my signal no my TV when my grandson hit the channel button on the TV remote(the one that came with the TV)I had a "technician" chatting but lost the connection when he rebooted the router.So far all I'm getting is frustrated.Please help!Can I just reset the remote or something?

I lost my signal no my TV when my grandson hit the channel button on the TV remote(the one that came with the TV)I had a "technician" chatting but lost the connection when he rebooted the router.So far all I'm getting is frustrated.Please help!Can I just reset the remote or something?

I lost my TV signal how do I reset my remote?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2013 6:01:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Hit the TV button on the Uverse remote, then the TV/Video button, should bring up your inputs.  On my Panasonic I can scroll thru them by pressing the TV/Video button repeatedly.  Then remember to press the ATT button to get back Uverse control.

If necessary, could do the same thing on the TV remote, good luck. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Hit the TV button on the Uverse remote, then the TV/Video button, should bring up your inputs.  On my Panasonic I can scroll thru them by pressing the TV/Video button repeatedly.  Then remember to press the ATT button to get back Uverse control.

If necessary, could do the same thing on the TV remote, good luck. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: I lost my TV signal how do I reset my remote?

2 of 5 (1,277 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2013 12:15:17 PM
(0)
Employee

Hello, John Van

Just checking up on your post. Are you still having some difficulty with your U-verse remote control? I see that Mibrnsurg offered a very helpful solution for you. Just in case you do need to do a "Factory Reset" on your U-verse remote control, here are some steps to perform the reset. Please note that the reset will return all programmed codes back to factory default.

Restore Factory Defaults

1.) Press and hold the AT&T button along with the OK button. Hold both buttons for one second and then release. All the Mode buttons flash twice.

2.) Enter 900 using the numeric buttonpad. The AT&T button gives a long flash indicating successful programming. The remote has now returned to factory default.

I hope this helps you! Let us know if you still need additional assistance and we will be glad to help you.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hello, John Van

Just checking up on your post. Are you still having some difficulty with your U-verse remote control? I see that Mibrnsurg offered a very helpful solution for you. Just in case you do need to do a "Factory Reset" on your U-verse remote control, here are some steps to perform the reset. Please note that the reset will return all programmed codes back to factory default.

Restore Factory Defaults

1.) Press and hold the AT&T button along with the OK button. Hold both buttons for one second and then release. All the Mode buttons flash twice.

2.) Enter 900 using the numeric buttonpad. The AT&T button gives a long flash indicating successful programming. The remote has now returned to factory default.

I hope this helps you! Let us know if you still need additional assistance and we will be glad to help you.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 5 (1,158 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2013 11:30:10 AM
(0)
Contributor

will this reset work for my RF remote?

will this reset work for my RF remote?

4 of 5 (924 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2013 12:05:57 PM
(0)
Employee
Anitagirl1, yes the 900 code works for RF remotes as well.
However in doing so all other devices are lost and will need reprogramming...tv, dvr or aux buttons

For a video to assist in reprogramming remote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xM6oEVtLSA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Remember to depress ATT button when completed to ensure all products functional.
Anitagirl1, yes the 900 code works for RF remotes as well.
However in doing so all other devices are lost and will need reprogramming...tv, dvr or aux buttons

For a video to assist in reprogramming remote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xM6oEVtLSA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Remember to depress ATT button when completed to ensure all products functional.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 5 (920 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments