I keep getting this set top box doesn't match the account settings.

Contributor

I keep getting this set top box doesn't match the account settings.

I recently upgraded, three days ago, to the new wireless U-verse receivers for my televisions.  Initially they worked just fine, for the first two days.  Now I can't get the dang thing to work.  I keep getting an on screen message, "This set top box doesn't match the account settings."  So, now what?  The other two televisions don't have that issue.

Message 1 of 6 (1,464 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: I keep getting this set top box doesn't match the account settings.

Sounds like something is wrong with your account provisioning in AT&T's computers.  An AT&T representative will likely come along soon to get your account specific information and help you with your situation.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (1,464 Views)
Employee

Hi, slhaynes

My name is Morgan, I'm one of the Community Managers. I apologize your TV receiver stopped functioning properly. I'll be glad to help you get this resolved. I'm going to send you a private message that will land in your inbox and we'll move forward from there. Thank you! Smiley Happy

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 6 (1,464 Views)
Contributor

I too get this error message "set top box does not match account settings." Perhaps it was becasue I turned everything on the day before ATT told me I was permitted to do so. I am surprised, though, that now that the 8:00 PM 10/4/13 date that ATT told me was the time and date, and I still get the same error messages.

Message 4 of 6 (1,144 Views)
Employee

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 6 (1,141 Views)
Employee

Hello Bewilder1234,

I'm sorry you are having difficulties with your TV receiver. Usually this happens when your receiver is in a misconfigured state in our systems. I will be glad to investigate this further and have this resolved. I have sent you a private message with additional information and further instructions.

SadathCS

ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
Message 6 of 6 (1,041 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.