Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 16, 2013
11:08:01 AM
View profile
I have found that On Demand is extremely limited with Uverse and movies are $6! Am I doing something wrong when trying to access On Demand, there is very little available.

I have found that On Demand is extremely limited (not much available) with Uverse and movies are $6!  Am I doing something wrong when trying to access On Demand?  I need to make a decision about returning to Brighthouse before my 30 days are up, anybody else noticing the same things?  I'm already frustrated that they don't offer Hallmark or We.  The salesman told me we would get all the channels we got with our Brighthouse package, not so!  It's hard to remember all the channels you watch when looking at a list but very disappointed when they are not available.  Like the savings but not sure I like the service.:smileyconfused:

I have found that On Demand is extremely limited (not much available) with Uverse and movies are $6!  Am I doing something wrong when trying to access On Demand?  I need to make a decision about returning to Brighthouse before my 30 days are up, anybody else noticing the same things?  I'm already frustrated that they don't offer Hallmark or We.  The salesman told me we would get all the channels we got with our Brighthouse package, not so!  It's hard to remember all the channels you watch when looking at a list but very disappointed when they are not available.  Like the savings but not sure I like the service.:smileyconfused:

I have found that On Demand is extremely limited with Uverse and movies are $6! Am I doing something wrong when trying to access On Demand, there is very little available.

5 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(5)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 11:36:40 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I personally don't watch On Demand but there has been much discussion about the lack of OD content on Uverse.

I personally don't watch On Demand but there has been much discussion about the lack of OD content on Uverse.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: I have found that On Demand is extremely limited with Uverse and movies are $6! Am I doing something wrong when trying to access On Demand, there is very little available.

2 of 6 (723 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 12:48:29 PM
(0)
Tutor

Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks so. I guess us Brighthouse

users are a little spoiled.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks so. I guess us Brighthouse

users are a little spoiled.

Re: I have found that On Demand is extremely limited with Uverse and movies are $6! Am I doing something wrong when trying to access On Demand, there is very little available.

3 of 6 (723 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 2:02:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I believe that it's the provider that decides what is in the on demand.  For instance Showtime seems to have very little on demand.  I think Showtime controls what is on the server for the users to access.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

I believe that it's the provider that decides what is in the on demand.  For instance Showtime seems to have very little on demand.  I think Showtime controls what is on the server for the users to access.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (723 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2013 10:06:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

deliao wrote:

I guess it depends on what you call limited.  I've been a customer since 2009 and the On Demand section has grown by over 200% in that time.  The PPV movies are anywhere from $2-$10 depending on the movie and whether it is HD or not.  However there are several free channels that if you have the channel in your package you have access to them.  Premium (HBO, SHO, etc) some have more movies than others and some will have more SD as opposed to HD, it's all in whatever contract was signed with the network. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

deliao wrote:

I guess it depends on what you call limited.  I've been a customer since 2009 and the On Demand section has grown by over 200% in that time.  The PPV movies are anywhere from $2-$10 depending on the movie and whether it is HD or not.  However there are several free channels that if you have the channel in your package you have access to them.  Premium (HBO, SHO, etc) some have more movies than others and some will have more SD as opposed to HD, it's all in whatever contract was signed with the network. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Re: I have found that On Demand is extremely limited with Uverse and movies are $6! Am I doing some

5 of 6 (709 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2015 6:05:56 PM
(0)
Contributor
One reply said that OD has grown 200% in the time they've been a customer. Yeah, the same is true with cable. Particularly in terms of free on demand services. On demand is small enough to be considered a huge negative when deciding between cable and uverse, and that has not changed. Does AT&T plan to actually take on the compitition with this, or are we going to have to keep getting creative to get the same service as we would from cable?
One reply said that OD has grown 200% in the time they've been a customer. Yeah, the same is true with cable. Particularly in terms of free on demand services. On demand is small enough to be considered a huge negative when deciding between cable and uverse, and that has not changed. Does AT&T plan to actually take on the compitition with this, or are we going to have to keep getting creative to get the same service as we would from cable?

Re: I have found that On Demand is extremely limited with Uverse and movies are $6! Am I doing some

6 of 6 (209 Views)