I cant send and receive in windows live mail problem started today. Error message Ox800CCC90 - help appreciated

Contributor

I cant send and receive in windows live mail problem started today. Error message Ox800CCC90 - help appreciated

windows live mail cannot send or receive email problem started today

error: 0x800CCC90

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Master

Re: I cant send and receive in windows live mail problem started today. Error message Ox800CCC90 - help appreciated

I searched the error code with google and found this relating to your issue: Windows mail error code 0x800ccc90 - Microsoft Community

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Employee

Re: I cant send and receive in windows live mail problem started today. Error message Ox800CCC90 - help appreciated

Hello cherokee48,

I wanted to follow up with you to see if your email issue has been resolved?

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 7
Contributor

Thank you for your help it worked great.

Message 4 of 7
Contributor

I have a problem sending E-mail, sometime back I had the same problem and I after paying your Co. 45.00  I wrote down what the guy told me to do. Now I tried but still asking me for a password and I type the password and do not accept.

Message 5 of 7
Contributor

I believe my problem is solved, is working now

Thank you

Message 6 of 7
Contributor

Re: I cant send and receive in windows live mail problem started today. Error message Ox800CCC90 -

I was having the same problems. I was trying to send my daughter a scanned form and kept receiving the error code message " Failed to connect to server" or (0x800CCC0E). After many frustrating hours of searching for answers and trying everything under the sun ( Microsoft web-sites, youtube videos,blogs, ect) I was going to give up or throw my computer out the window. And then I had the thought to search for other e-mail solftware that would be compatible with windows 7 & 8. I came across Mozilla Thunderbird.( www.mozillathungerbird.com) It serves the same function as Windows Live Mail in that it works as a go-between, importing and exporting e-mails. Unlike Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail it configures automatically. As best I can tell, the problem with Microsoft mail is a compatibility issue. You have to have a masters degree in computer science to figure it out. I guess I would call Mozilla Thunderbird an e-mail proxy for dummies. It worked great for me. Within 2 seconds of installing I was able to send out mail. "YEAH". I did not need to uninstall my Windows live Mail and so far it seems there is no conflict. The set-up wizard is easy, just follow the prompts. At some point you will be asked if you would like to make Thunderbird your default e-mail, be sure to check this box. That way when you send mail it will be routed through Mozilla, bypassing your live mail. I understand the frustration. Hopefully this works for you too. I wish I'd thought of it sooner, I could have saved myself 8 hours. Post Note: For anyone who is asking... I have  comcast e-mail. I know others may have yahoo, hotmail, ect. To the best of my understanding this solution works no matter your carrier and no matter the error code. It all comes down to compatibility

Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support