Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 29, 2013
5:47:49 PM
View profile
I can't get my Roku to work with my uverse

. I can't get my Roku to work with my uverse. It is not even showing up. I have it connected with a HDMI cable. Please help

. I can't get my Roku to work with my uverse. It is not even showing up. I have it connected with a HDMI cable. Please help

I can't get my Roku to work with my uverse

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2013 6:01:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

shannond369 wrote:

I don't understand.  If it's hooked via HDMI you need to change your TV input to the HDMI number that is hooked up to your ROKU.  You cannot run it through your STB/DVR box. It needs to be on a separate input. Then you just need to setup your network settings.
” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

shannond369 wrote:

I don't understand.  If it's hooked via HDMI you need to change your TV input to the HDMI number that is hooked up to your ROKU.  You cannot run it through your STB/DVR box. It needs to be on a separate input. Then you just need to setup your network settings.
” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: I can't get my Roku to work with my uverse

2 of 6 (3,410 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2013 3:01:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

shannond369 wrote:

I assume that you mean that it's connected to the TV, not the U-verse receiver, with an HDMI cable?

shannond369 wrote:

I assume that you mean that it's connected to the TV, not the U-verse receiver, with an HDMI cable?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 6 (3,364 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2013 5:52:59 PM
(0)
Scholar

The previous two posters are correct - you cannot run Roku "through U-Verse".  Treat it like a DVD player; you connect it to your TV separately.

You also won't be able to record anything that's on Roku with your U-Verse DVR.  (Seeing as how just about everything on Roku is "on demand", you couldn't program your DVR to do it anyway; there would be no way to "schedule" it.)

If you already are connecting it directly to the TV and you're not getting anything on the screen even when you switch on the correct input on the TV, then first make sure the Roku is plugged into an electrical outlet.  Which version of Roku do you have?  It might make it easier to figure out what is happening.

The previous two posters are correct - you cannot run Roku "through U-Verse".  Treat it like a DVD player; you connect it to your TV separately.

You also won't be able to record anything that's on Roku with your U-Verse DVR.  (Seeing as how just about everything on Roku is "on demand", you couldn't program your DVR to do it anyway; there would be no way to "schedule" it.)

If you already are connecting it directly to the TV and you're not getting anything on the screen even when you switch on the correct input on the TV, then first make sure the Roku is plugged into an electrical outlet.  Which version of Roku do you have?  It might make it easier to figure out what is happening.

4 of 6 (3,299 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2013 6:09:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

With such little information from the OP, I suggest that we wait for an OP reply.

shannond369: What are you trying to do?  Connect the Roku to your U-Verse WiFi?  Access the Roku on your TV?  Please advise.

With such little information from the OP, I suggest that we wait for an OP reply.

shannond369: What are you trying to do?  Connect the Roku to your U-Verse WiFi?  Access the Roku on your TV?  Please advise.

5 of 6 (3,293 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2014 5:27:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

dhascall wrote:

Must not be too important or they figured it out since they haven't been back to reply.

dhascall wrote:

Must not be too important or they figured it out since they haven't been back to reply.

6 of 6 (3,200 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments