Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 14, 2014
9:17:42 AM
I Love Uverse

Great order, great install, great Internet speed, great TV reception and finally a great telephone.

I presented Uverse with a challenge when I requested my 20 year old telephone number ported to Uverse. I had switched my phone service from BellSouth years ago to ACN, a multilevel marketing telecom provider. I did this to help my brother in law who was just becoming an ACN rep.

Apparently my number became part of a wholesale bundle and as such presented a challenge to being ported. Many calls, much time on hold, repeated escalations to a supervisor, postings in this forum, etc. finally resulted in the reacquisition of my number.

Many times I thought it a lost cause. I stuck with it and asserted myself. As I learned more about Uverse I was better able to champion my case.

Everyone I spoke with was professional and seemingly concerned. As with any large operation, newness to the job, seemingly inadequate tools and many paths to the same destination can cause frustration.

My advice to those having difficulties with customer service is not to loose your cool and try not to provoke a rep into loosing their's. Thank the rep for their assistance and acknowledge their good intentions. Then ask for a supervisor and be prepared for a long wait time.

My journey resulted in what I wanted, an extra reward card and a discount to my bill for I don't know how many months. And I didn't ask for the discount or reward card.

Great order, great install, great Internet speed, great TV reception and finally a great telephone.

I presented Uverse with a challenge when I requested my 20 year old telephone number ported to Uverse. I had switched my phone service from BellSouth years ago to ACN, a multilevel marketing telecom provider. I did this to help my brother in law who was just becoming an ACN rep.

Apparently my number became part of a wholesale bundle and as such presented a challenge to being ported. Many calls, much time on hold, repeated escalations to a supervisor, postings in this forum, etc. finally resulted in the reacquisition of my number.

Many times I thought it a lost cause. I stuck with it and asserted myself. As I learned more about Uverse I was better able to champion my case.

Everyone I spoke with was professional and seemingly concerned. As with any large operation, newness to the job, seemingly inadequate tools and many paths to the same destination can cause frustration.

My advice to those having difficulties with customer service is not to loose your cool and try not to provoke a rep into loosing their's. Thank the rep for their assistance and acknowledge their good intentions. Then ask for a supervisor and be prepared for a long wait time.

My journey resulted in what I wanted, an extra reward card and a discount to my bill for I don't know how many months. And I didn't ask for the discount or reward card.

I Love Uverse

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2014 9:28:49 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, Travis Horton!

Thanks for posting. We love hearing about customers' positive experiences, and we hope to continue seeing you around the forums!

As always, let us know if you have any questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, Travis Horton!

Thanks for posting. We love hearing about customers' positive experiences, and we hope to continue seeing you around the forums!

As always, let us know if you have any questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: I Love Uverse

2 of 4 (399 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2014 9:29:15 AM
(0)
Guru

Thanks for posting your success story!  Welcome, and I look forward to your future posts.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein

Thanks for posting your success story!  Welcome, and I look forward to your future posts.

3 of 4 (398 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2014 11:09:03 AM
(0)
Employee
Thanks for your post. It's nice to hear a good experience.
Thanks for your post. It's nice to hear a good experience.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (354 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments