Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 13, 2013
4:04:53 AM
View profile
I DETEST ATT "Asian" Call Center & Retention Dept

Called to cancel ATT Uverse OR get a new 12 month Promo.  Agent offered me the 12 month Promo, GREAT!  Even upgraded to Uverse Internet Pro and got a Promo for that.  GUARANTEED that I was eligible for this upgrade.

Had a install setup for this past Monday morning, Sunday got a call from ATT, SORRY, they have "engineering issues," installation delayed, will contact me when rectified.  Tuesday got on "chat" and spoke with another "Asian" employee, on hold for 30 minutes, he came back, their computer system was down, I hung up. Yesterday, Wednesday, yet another "Asian" employee called me, "Sorry, no idea when the situation will be rectified, no timetable, cannot promise THIS YEAR."

What kind of whatever is this?  WHY WAS I LIED TO BY THE RETENTION DEPARTMENT?

Called to cancel ATT Uverse OR get a new 12 month Promo.  Agent offered me the 12 month Promo, GREAT!  Even upgraded to Uverse Internet Pro and got a Promo for that.  GUARANTEED that I was eligible for this upgrade.

Had a install setup for this past Monday morning, Sunday got a call from ATT, SORRY, they have "engineering issues," installation delayed, will contact me when rectified.  Tuesday got on "chat" and spoke with another "Asian" employee, on hold for 30 minutes, he came back, their computer system was down, I hung up. Yesterday, Wednesday, yet another "Asian" employee called me, "Sorry, no idea when the situation will be rectified, no timetable, cannot promise THIS YEAR."

What kind of whatever is this?  WHY WAS I LIED TO BY THE RETENTION DEPARTMENT?

I DETEST ATT "Asian" Call Center & Retention Dept

14 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(14)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2013 5:35:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: I DETEST ATT "Asian" Call Center & Retention Dept

2 of 15 (1,463 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2013 5:48:17 AM
(0)
Scholar
OK, BeeBeeSA, but to what good? OK, sent the message, I am going to get a canned response and another "sorry," as if that is suppose to actually mean something, if that and I have my doubts?
OK, BeeBeeSA, but to what good? OK, sent the message, I am going to get a canned response and another "sorry," as if that is suppose to actually mean something, if that and I have my doubts?

3 of 15 (1,461 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2013 5:57:01 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, cl76179!

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear about the confusion surrounding your U-verse installation. As BeeBeeSA the best option is to send a private message by clicking the link provided in his post.

This is not the same customer service group you spoke to on the phone; this is a dedicated care team that only handles issues here on the forums. You will be assigned to one representative who will work with you until your issue is resolved.

Please feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, cl76179!

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear about the confusion surrounding your U-verse installation. As BeeBeeSA the best option is to send a private message by clicking the link provided in his post.

This is not the same customer service group you spoke to on the phone; this is a dedicated care team that only handles issues here on the forums. You will be assigned to one representative who will work with you until your issue is resolved.

Please feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 15 (1,451 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2013 6:37:27 AM
(0)
Scholar
Mariana

You saw my OP, do you have a solution for me? I PMed Customer Care, still waiting to hear back and they ARE OPEN, right?
Mariana

You saw my OP, do you have a solution for me? I PMed Customer Care, still waiting to hear back and they ARE OPEN, right?

5 of 15 (1,440 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2013 7:02:12 AM
(0)
Scholar
Two hours, their open and NO REPLY, didn't figure I would get one, I mean, what are you going to say, "Yea, I know the RETENTION DEPARTMENT LIES in order to keep customers?"
Two hours, their open and NO REPLY, didn't figure I would get one, I mean, what are you going to say, "Yea, I know the RETENTION DEPARTMENT LIES in order to keep customers?"

6 of 15 (1,437 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2013 7:20:58 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, again!

I'm sorry that you haven't received a response yet from our Care team. I can check to see where your name is in the queue. The system assigns cases to different reps as they become available, so please allow time for that.

As for your account, I don't know where the misunderstanding occurred, but I'm sure that your assigned representative will find a satisfactory solution for you.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Hello, again!

I'm sorry that you haven't received a response yet from our Care team. I can check to see where your name is in the queue. The system assigns cases to different reps as they become available, so please allow time for that.

As for your account, I don't know where the misunderstanding occurred, but I'm sure that your assigned representative will find a satisfactory solution for you.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 15 (1,422 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2013 7:40:17 AM
(0)
Employee
You currently have some service " Called to cancel ATT Uverse OR get a new 12 month Promo.", suspect DSL agent offered uverse adsl2+ or Vdsl. "engineering issues," generally refers to no connection currently availabe to provide service.
As this is determined as order is processed there is no way RETENTIONS would know this ONLY that your address qualifies.
If this is indeed your situation, waiting for someone to cancel service so a free port would be availabe to offer you service explains why was informed there is no timeframe, maybe not even this year. ATT would not know who is canceling and when, in effect your on a waiting list like a organ transplant waiting for a donor match.

Am I stating this is indeed your problem NO, is this a likely scenario YES. No lie, no deception on part of Retentions Dept.
You currently have some service " Called to cancel ATT Uverse OR get a new 12 month Promo.", suspect DSL agent offered uverse adsl2+ or Vdsl. "engineering issues," generally refers to no connection currently availabe to provide service.
As this is determined as order is processed there is no way RETENTIONS would know this ONLY that your address qualifies.
If this is indeed your situation, waiting for someone to cancel service so a free port would be availabe to offer you service explains why was informed there is no timeframe, maybe not even this year. ATT would not know who is canceling and when, in effect your on a waiting list like a organ transplant waiting for a donor match.

Am I stating this is indeed your problem NO, is this a likely scenario YES. No lie, no deception on part of Retentions Dept.

8 of 15 (1,417 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2013 7:44:46 AM
(0)
Scholar

The RETENTIONS EMPLOYEE checked and TOLD ME that service was available TO MY SERVICE ADDRESS FOR THE UPGRADE.

Let's stop with the excuses, please.

The RETENTIONS EMPLOYEE checked and TOLD ME that service was available TO MY SERVICE ADDRESS FOR THE UPGRADE.

Let's stop with the excuses, please.

9 of 15 (1,414 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2013 11:08:23 AM
(0)
Scholar
It has now been 6 HOURS and still no messages in my inbox from Customer Care, honestly didn't expect there to be.
It has now been 6 HOURS and still no messages in my inbox from Customer Care, honestly didn't expect there to be.

10 of 15 (1,389 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2013 11:27:22 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by JefferMC on Nov 13, 2013 at 11:27:47 AM

The timeframe to expect is a business day.  If your expectation was under 6 hours, then the problem was with your expectation.

BTW, was this post I just replied to the one that was deleted?

The timeframe to expect is a business day.  If your expectation was under 6 hours, then the problem was with your expectation.

BTW, was this post I just replied to the one that was deleted?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
11 of 15 (1,386 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2013 11:33:19 AM
(0)
Scholar
No JefferMC, the one deleted was the one in the Cancelled ATT and went back to Time Warner thread. Your one day is a different response than the 2 days that I was given elsewhere. Guess it depends on whether or not an answer is available?
No JefferMC, the one deleted was the one in the Cancelled ATT and went back to Time Warner thread. Your one day is a different response than the 2 days that I was given elsewhere. Guess it depends on whether or not an answer is available?

12 of 15 (1,382 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2013 3:34:55 PM
(0)
Scholar

A Manager, Dan G, has contacted me via my private email and I have responded via email.  I gave him all the requested information except a contact number, I don't want any more phone calls from ATT, I want documentation in writing.  That won't be a problem will it?  After all, his initial contact was via email and I am positive he and any other management is willing to stand behind whatever they say and put it in writing, right?

A Manager, Dan G, has contacted me via my private email and I have responded via email.  I gave him all the requested information except a contact number, I don't want any more phone calls from ATT, I want documentation in writing.  That won't be a problem will it?  After all, his initial contact was via email and I am positive he and any other management is willing to stand behind whatever they say and put it in writing, right?

13 of 15 (1,362 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2013 6:11:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You may have replied to a PM that was forwarded to you as a notification that you had a PM in this forum system.  If so, replying to that e-mail using your e-mail client may have gone into No Man's Land.

If that is the case, I would suggest that you get back in to the PM system and reply to the PM using another PM.  You can still get the answers in writing that way.

You may have replied to a PM that was forwarded to you as a notification that you had a PM in this forum system.  If so, replying to that e-mail using your e-mail client may have gone into No Man's Land.

If that is the case, I would suggest that you get back in to the PM system and reply to the PM using another PM.  You can still get the answers in writing that way.

14 of 15 (1,333 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2013 12:59:15 PM
(1)
Scholar

@ATTMarianaCM

It seems that a lot of people have problems with the outsourced call centers.  During my month long ordeal, I noticed that the Indian and Philipine call centers lacked training and also apparently lacked comprehension skills.  I eventually came here to this forum as others have done to post public complaints, since I wasn't getting anywhere with my calls.

Maybe AT&T would do better to consolidate those call services back to the Mainland US, since those call centers have more polite Customer Service representatives.  Unfortunately, we're only able to reach them during business hours, when we're at work, not when we're at home and actually in need of good service.

If AT&T already has physical call centers on US soil, they've already paid for the facilities.  AT&T should just hire more people to cover Prime Time hours and make use of the existing facilities instead of letting them sit idle during those hours.  Most home accounts aren't going to need to call customer service during business hours.  They need it if they encounter problems after they get home.  That's when wey're using the service and that's when we're likely to encounter problems that will prompt a call  We also won't be at home for service during business hours when we call from work.  It doesn't make sense to have the call centers outsourced if they're ineffective at solving real problems.

If AT&T insists on having outsourced call centers to frustrate customers just to save some money, maybe the US call center hours of operations should just be shifted from the standard 8-5 to a 10-7 or 11-8 schedule so that we can call someone on US or Canadian Soil when we get home.  That should provide a better service experience for more of us residing in the Mainland US.

@ATTMarianaCM

It seems that a lot of people have problems with the outsourced call centers.  During my month long ordeal, I noticed that the Indian and Philipine call centers lacked training and also apparently lacked comprehension skills.  I eventually came here to this forum as others have done to post public complaints, since I wasn't getting anywhere with my calls.

Maybe AT&T would do better to consolidate those call services back to the Mainland US, since those call centers have more polite Customer Service representatives.  Unfortunately, we're only able to reach them during business hours, when we're at work, not when we're at home and actually in need of good service.

If AT&T already has physical call centers on US soil, they've already paid for the facilities.  AT&T should just hire more people to cover Prime Time hours and make use of the existing facilities instead of letting them sit idle during those hours.  Most home accounts aren't going to need to call customer service during business hours.  They need it if they encounter problems after they get home.  That's when wey're using the service and that's when we're likely to encounter problems that will prompt a call  We also won't be at home for service during business hours when we call from work.  It doesn't make sense to have the call centers outsourced if they're ineffective at solving real problems.

If AT&T insists on having outsourced call centers to frustrate customers just to save some money, maybe the US call center hours of operations should just be shifted from the standard 8-5 to a 10-7 or 11-8 schedule so that we can call someone on US or Canadian Soil when we get home.  That should provide a better service experience for more of us residing in the Mainland US.

15 of 15 (1,269 Views)