Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 25, 2013
11:20:09 AM
View profile
Huge Run Around!

I'm getting very frustrated with calling customer service and/or tech support regarding a new U-Verse account. I was promised when putting in my order that I would NOT get the 2 Wire gateway and would receive a Pace or something else. Instead I'm getting low balled with a 3800 gateway and the VIP1200/1250 DVR and receivers which are 3-5 years old and very behind the times plus they do not meet my objectives. My current router, etc are much faster.

I talked and talked and my request go in ear and out the other...

plus nobody will let me talk to a superior and I've been very polite?

Thanks for letting me vent...Darryl

I'm getting very frustrated with calling customer service and/or tech support regarding a new U-Verse account. I was promised when putting in my order that I would NOT get the 2 Wire gateway and would receive a Pace or something else. Instead I'm getting low balled with a 3800 gateway and the VIP1200/1250 DVR and receivers which are 3-5 years old and very behind the times plus they do not meet my objectives. My current router, etc are much faster.

I talked and talked and my request go in ear and out the other...

plus nobody will let me talk to a superior and I've been very polite?

Thanks for letting me vent...Darryl

Huge Run Around!

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2013 10:54:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

2Wire is now Pace as they bought them out.   For other things, contact ATT Customer Care here:
http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Send them a private message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your problems. They are available M-F 8am-11pm EST. This is not the regular CS/TS people, but the social media people that know the people to contact to get things done. I personally know as they've helped me on a DVR swap.

Include your account#, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right, in case they replied this way. Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

2Wire is now Pace as they bought them out.   For other things, contact ATT Customer Care here:
http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Send them a private message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your problems. They are available M-F 8am-11pm EST. This is not the regular CS/TS people, but the social media people that know the people to contact to get things done. I personally know as they've helped me on a DVR swap.

Include your account#, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right, in case they replied this way. Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Huge Run Around!

2 of 8 (554 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2013 6:54:44 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by bauwls on Jun 28, 2013 at 6:56:38 AM

What research do you have to indicate that the newest equipment actually performs better? Not sure what you mean by much faster... the 3800 handles most routing networking scenario's well.

The upgrades available to you:
Pace/2wire 3801 (same company, Pace bought 2wire)
VIP2250 - this will not perform better than your 1225 (1250 isn't something carried by ATT) and has a 500GB HDD instead of the 320GB HDD

Honestly, is it worth bugging ATT to switch these out? No. The upgrades are very slight and you will likely not notice any differences in service either way.

What research do you have to indicate that the newest equipment actually performs better? Not sure what you mean by much faster... the 3800 handles most routing networking scenario's well.

The upgrades available to you:
Pace/2wire 3801 (same company, Pace bought 2wire)
VIP2250 - this will not perform better than your 1225 (1250 isn't something carried by ATT) and has a 500GB HDD instead of the 320GB HDD

Honestly, is it worth bugging ATT to switch these out? No. The upgrades are very slight and you will likely not notice any differences in service either way.

[ Edited ]
3 of 8 (508 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2013 10:10:40 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Actually the 2250 will perform better as there is much more actual memory available than any unit in the 1200 series.

Smiley Wink

Chris

Actually the 2250 will perform better as there is much more actual memory available than any unit in the 1200 series.

Smiley Wink

Chris

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 8 (488 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2013 3:48:52 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by bauwls on Jun 28, 2013 at 3:49:29 PM

Under stress tests like changing channels initiating bandwidth burst with ICC and flipping through multiple applications, yes you will see a difference.

You can see this yourself at home. Press Menu -> Options -> system info. Type AVDIAGS quickly on your remote (A = 1, V=8, D=4 etc). You can see the memory load and if there is any loss among other statistics.

Rarely will users reach the caps of CPU and/or memory during normal usage.

Under stress tests like changing channels initiating bandwidth burst with ICC and flipping through multiple applications, yes you will see a difference.

You can see this yourself at home. Press Menu -> Options -> system info. Type AVDIAGS quickly on your remote (A = 1, V=8, D=4 etc). You can see the memory load and if there is any loss among other statistics.

Rarely will users reach the caps of CPU and/or memory during normal usage.

[ Edited ]
5 of 8 (469 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2013 10:38:28 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

My old 1216 would get really sluggy when memory use got up past 88-90% as it only had 8M of actual memory, this 2250 has more than 40 M of memory and memory use is around 60% at all times. Smiley Wink

Chris

My old 1216 would get really sluggy when memory use got up past 88-90% as it only had 8M of actual memory, this 2250 has more than 40 M of memory and memory use is around 60% at all times. Smiley Wink

Chris

6 of 8 (440 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2013 10:38:41 PM
(0)
Employee
For RG current models for ALL regions with TV service (vdsl)
1) 3800 best for install under 1000 feet from VRAD works up to 2200 feet with good noise margins
2) 3801 best over 2000 feet with NM less than 15dB, can be used at lesser distances if under 600 feet should have attenuation added by red doogle (adds 1000 feet)
3) i38HG is indoor unit for iNID generally installed if over 3000ft, will work to 6000 ft plus with good lines.
4) some select areas have new RG that is currently only available for bonded pair installs instead of inid, again not available in all areas.

Techs generally have 1216. 1225 and 2250 on truck, if garage is out they will receive more of others, I have had nothing but 2250s at times, and other times no 2250 for week or more. The tech has to work with stock given to him he does not get to choose what to carry.
That said install orders assign the dvr
1) ufamily gets 1216
2) u200 gets 1216 or $50 upgrade to 1225
3) u300 gets 1225 or $50 upgrade to 2250
4) u450 gets 2250 unless tech has none then 1225.
You can also contact support for upgrade dvr, they will ship no charge and you send the old dvr back no charge. Just be aware of upgrade charge added to bill of $50 either tech installed or self installed.
For RG current models for ALL regions with TV service (vdsl)
1) 3800 best for install under 1000 feet from VRAD works up to 2200 feet with good noise margins
2) 3801 best over 2000 feet with NM less than 15dB, can be used at lesser distances if under 600 feet should have attenuation added by red doogle (adds 1000 feet)
3) i38HG is indoor unit for iNID generally installed if over 3000ft, will work to 6000 ft plus with good lines.
4) some select areas have new RG that is currently only available for bonded pair installs instead of inid, again not available in all areas.

Techs generally have 1216. 1225 and 2250 on truck, if garage is out they will receive more of others, I have had nothing but 2250s at times, and other times no 2250 for week or more. The tech has to work with stock given to him he does not get to choose what to carry.
That said install orders assign the dvr
1) ufamily gets 1216
2) u200 gets 1216 or $50 upgrade to 1225
3) u300 gets 1225 or $50 upgrade to 2250
4) u450 gets 2250 unless tech has none then 1225.
You can also contact support for upgrade dvr, they will ship no charge and you send the old dvr back no charge. Just be aware of upgrade charge added to bill of $50 either tech installed or self installed.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 8 (402 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2013 11:46:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I'm on u200 and got my upgraded 1225 (defective) then 2250 for free and got $30 off TV for 6 months too from Customer Care. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

I'm on u200 and got my upgraded 1225 (defective) then 2250 for free and got $30 off TV for 6 months too from Customer Care. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

8 of 8 (387 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments