Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 26, 2013
6:30:46 PM
Hsia45 But Not Getting Near 45mbps

Just had Uverse (all 3 services) installed on Monday, opted for the 45mbps speed since it was available to me and was actually what led me to Uverse in the first place, but I'm having a horrid time getting acceptable speeds.

If I have 3 tv's on, I'm averaging 5-7mbps...nearly 40mbps less than what I pay for.  2 Tv's on = 12mbps and 1 tv on = 17mbps.  No TVs on I get around 20-22mbps.  I've been on the phone and in chat with ATT tech help and they were no help at all.  All they could say was the lines were fine and nothing was showing up negatively.  So, I went the tech visit route and heard the same stuff.  Nothing is wrong, lines are done correctly, this is normal.  Normal?  Is it really?

Second night having the service the RG went red lights and lost all 3 services twice in a two hour span, needing to be unplugged to reset.  I told the tech this and wanted to swap out the RG and was told that it wouldn't make a difference, there isn't anything wrong with it.  So it goes down twice on second day and internet speeds coming from it are slacking, yet nothing is wrong with it?  I don't get it.

Anyone have anything to add to this?  I love the TV and the phone is just there for 911 purposes, but the internet is severely not living up to my standards.  Thank you.

Just had Uverse (all 3 services) installed on Monday, opted for the 45mbps speed since it was available to me and was actually what led me to Uverse in the first place, but I'm having a horrid time getting acceptable speeds.

If I have 3 tv's on, I'm averaging 5-7mbps...nearly 40mbps less than what I pay for.  2 Tv's on = 12mbps and 1 tv on = 17mbps.  No TVs on I get around 20-22mbps.  I've been on the phone and in chat with ATT tech help and they were no help at all.  All they could say was the lines were fine and nothing was showing up negatively.  So, I went the tech visit route and heard the same stuff.  Nothing is wrong, lines are done correctly, this is normal.  Normal?  Is it really?

Second night having the service the RG went red lights and lost all 3 services twice in a two hour span, needing to be unplugged to reset.  I told the tech this and wanted to swap out the RG and was told that it wouldn't make a difference, there isn't anything wrong with it.  So it goes down twice on second day and internet speeds coming from it are slacking, yet nothing is wrong with it?  I don't get it.

Anyone have anything to add to this?  I love the TV and the phone is just there for 911 purposes, but the internet is severely not living up to my standards.  Thank you.

Hsia45 But Not Getting Near 45mbps

21 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(21)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2013 7:52:44 PM
(0)
Employee
Which RG do you have?
If sounds as if your on a Max Turbo Plan 24/3, what is your upload speed tests reporting?
If have 589 RG are both line 1 and line 2 lights on?, if one line is off only have 1/2 of service.
Which RG do you have?
If sounds as if your on a Max Turbo Plan 24/3, what is your upload speed tests reporting?
If have 589 RG are both line 1 and line 2 lights on?, if one line is off only have 1/2 of service.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Hsia45 But Not Getting Near 45mbps

2 of 22 (6,756 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2013 8:45:19 PM
(0)
Tutor

I do have the 589, the tech was caught off guard seeing it today and told me that this is the first time he's seen one and not sure much about them...

both broadband lights are lit, 1 of 2 phone lights lit. Just noticed the port running the Ethernet to my wireless apple modem is blinking orange, while the others are ports are green.

upload speed has never fluctuated, always 4.5-4.8ish mbps

I do have the 589, the tech was caught off guard seeing it today and told me that this is the first time he's seen one and not sure much about them...

both broadband lights are lit, 1 of 2 phone lights lit. Just noticed the port running the Ethernet to my wireless apple modem is blinking orange, while the others are ports are green.

upload speed has never fluctuated, always 4.5-4.8ish mbps

3 of 22 (6,749 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2013 11:05:28 AM
(0)
Tutor

Not sure if this would help, but here.

Line 1 Line 2  Downstream Upstream Downstream Upstream

Line StateUpUp
Downstream Sync Rate (kbps)1611116111
Upstream Sync Rate (kbps)25192519
Downstream Max Attainable Rate (kbps)5506854632
Upstream Max Attainable Rate (kbps)1162011743
ModulationVDSL2VDSL2
Data PathInterleavedInterleaved
SN Margin (dB)27.225.327.426.2
Line Attenuation (dB)29.221.129.620.1
Output Power(dBm)14.53.114.52.8
Errored Seconds0000
Loss of Signal0000
Loss of Frame0000
FEC Errors0000
CRC Errors0000

The downstream sync rates are 16111 for each line, which only adds up to being 30mbps'ish.  If that's the case, no wonder I'm only getting 25mbps with all tv's off b/c it seems I'm capped at 30 and not 45.  Am I thinking this correctly?

Thanks, someone PLEASE help :/

Not sure if this would help, but here.

Line StateUpUp
Downstream Sync Rate (kbps)1611116111
Upstream Sync Rate (kbps)25192519
Downstream Max Attainable Rate (kbps)5506854632
Upstream Max Attainable Rate (kbps)1162011743
ModulationVDSL2VDSL2
SN Margin (dB)27.225.327.426.2
Line Attenuation (dB)29.221.129.620.1
Output Power(dBm)14.53.114.52.8
Errored Seconds0000
Loss of Signal0000
Loss of Frame0000
FEC Errors0000
CRC Errors0000

The downstream sync rates are 16111 for each line, which only adds up to being 30mbps'ish.  If that's the case, no wonder I'm only getting 25mbps with all tv's off b/c it seems I'm capped at 30 and not 45.  Am I thinking this correctly?

Thanks, someone PLEASE help :/

4 of 22 (6,695 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2013 12:27:59 PM
(0)
Expert

Yes, your line is not correctly provisioned.

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. Please take into account weekends when contacting them.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope. List Private Messages

Yes, your line is not correctly provisioned.

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. Please take into account weekends when contacting them.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope. List Private Messages

5 of 22 (6,694 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2013 7:51:21 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you, I've messaged them with the information, questions and links to this thread.

Hopefully I don't get the "nothing is wrong, everything is set up the way its supposed to be" like I've been told twice already from AT&T tech support people.

Thank you, I've messaged them with the information, questions and links to this thread.

Hopefully I don't get the "nothing is wrong, everything is set up the way its supposed to be" like I've been told twice already from AT&T tech support people.

6 of 22 (6,661 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 6:57:09 PM
(0)
Tutor

Wanted to let everyone know that they made the appropriate changes to my account and now getting 40-43mbps consistently Smiley Happy

Thanks to all those who have helped.

Wanted to let everyone know that they made the appropriate changes to my account and now getting 40-43mbps consistently Smiley Happy

Thanks to all those who have helped.

7 of 22 (6,592 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2013 3:53:15 PM
(0)
Tutor

I seem to be having a similar issue.  I recently upgraded from the 18mbps plan to the 45, and am not seeing anywhere near those speeds.  I've consistenly recorded the speed with all devices off except one wireless computer, and on average I get 25mbps.  I just finished speaking with uverse internet tech support and they advised that 25mbps is with the "Acceptable" range for the 45mbps plan.  This is totally unacceptable!  How am I as a consumer to be satisfied with only receiving half of what I pay for.  Throughout the call I was made to feel as I was the reason for the reduced speed due to additional receivers and other internet devices being connected simultaneously.  We then disconnected and powered off all equipment and received the same speed results. Long story short, I was left with the unresolved speed issue after over 40mins with advanced tech support. This is a huge BUYER BE AWARE!!!

I seem to be having a similar issue.  I recently upgraded from the 18mbps plan to the 45, and am not seeing anywhere near those speeds.  I've consistenly recorded the speed with all devices off except one wireless computer, and on average I get 25mbps.  I just finished speaking with uverse internet tech support and they advised that 25mbps is with the "Acceptable" range for the 45mbps plan.  This is totally unacceptable!  How am I as a consumer to be satisfied with only receiving half of what I pay for.  Throughout the call I was made to feel as I was the reason for the reduced speed due to additional receivers and other internet devices being connected simultaneously.  We then disconnected and powered off all equipment and received the same speed results. Long story short, I was left with the unresolved speed issue after over 40mins with advanced tech support. This is a huge BUYER BE AWARE!!!

8 of 22 (6,265 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2013 6:36:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

If you're only getting a little over 24 Mbps, then if I were in your shoes, I'd downgrade to the 24 Mbps tier.  No use paying for what you're not getting.

If you're only getting a little over 24 Mbps, then if I were in your shoes, I'd downgrade to the 24 Mbps tier.  No use paying for what you're not getting.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

9 of 22 (6,254 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2013 7:00:30 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello markez512,

I'm sorry you did not get the speed you were expecting after upgrading to 45 Mbps. I will be glad to help you verify if your line can handle this speed and have any faults on the line fixed if identified. I have sent you a private message to discuss your account and provide a solution.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hello markez512,

I'm sorry you did not get the speed you were expecting after upgrading to 45 Mbps. I will be glad to help you verify if your line can handle this speed and have any faults on the line fixed if identified. I have sent you a private message to discuss your account and provide a solution.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

10 of 22 (6,240 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2013 1:15:43 PM
(0)
Tutor

My thoughts are the speed wasnt released in BBMS. This is a new process, but I would look at that if I was you 

My thoughts are the speed wasnt released in BBMS. This is a new process, but I would look at that if I was you 

11 of 22 (6,224 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2013 7:12:56 AM
(0)
Tutor

Update:  An ATT Technician came out to the to check the lines and make sure all things were provisioned accordingly.  The tech finished his assessment and concluded that everything was setup properly and left. He never came inside the house to test the connection.  At this point I'm completely fed up with the level of service I am receiving.  There's no reason I should be forced to continue to pay for these services, if i'm not receiving even half the speed I was promised.  Unfortunately, Xfinity is looking better and better by the day.

Update:  An ATT Technician came out to the to check the lines and make sure all things were provisioned accordingly.  The tech finished his assessment and concluded that everything was setup properly and left. He never came inside the house to test the connection.  At this point I'm completely fed up with the level of service I am receiving.  There's no reason I should be forced to continue to pay for these services, if i'm not receiving even half the speed I was promised.  Unfortunately, Xfinity is looking better and better by the day.

12 of 22 (6,014 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2013 7:27:29 AM
(0)
Mentor

Are you checking your speed via wired or wireless?

Are you checking your speed via wired or wireless?

13 of 22 (6,010 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2014 9:45:57 AM
(0)
Contributor
I'm in the same boat. Had 45mbps "power" installed in November. When it was installed the tech did a speed test and the results were around 18 mbps, both with wireless and wired connections. The tech said he'd put in an order to have it fixed, and I never heard back. Since then I've been on the phone with tech support 4 different times, and had 3 additional techs come to check out my system. The last time I spoke with tech support, the operator said that my RG had to be replaced, he was sending a senior tech, and that i shouldn't let the tech leave my house until the problem was resolved. When the tech came over, he looked at the RG, did a speed test (the results showed ~20 Mbps) and told me there was nothing he could do. Said the signal was fine and he sees this all the time. I asked him how could everything be fine if I wasn't even getting half of the download speed I was paying for. He went on to explain that, basically, it was impossible to ever really get the 45
Mbps speed. I asked how AT&T could sell a service which they were unable to deliver. His direct quote was "AT&T is a business whose goal is to make money." He told me that replacing the RG wouldn't make a difference. I explained to him that the tech support operator told me that the RG was faulty, and not to let the tech leave until the problem was fixed. He told me that the tech support operators really just read a script from a protocol manual, and do not truly understand the workings of the system. I insisted that he replace the RG and he did so, but he was correct, replacing it had no effect whatsoever on my download speeds (if anything they're a bit slower now -- around 15 Mbps). He left suggesting that I downgrade my internet service plan, and saying "yeah, we always sort of grit our teeth when we go to instal the 45 Mbps package. I wish we could talk people out of purchasing it because they're never really satisfied with it." What a disappointment AT&T! After dealing with nearly every other service provider out there I finally felt confident that AT&T could deal with me squarely and provide services in a fair and professional manner. And now, this.
I'm in the same boat. Had 45mbps "power" installed in November. When it was installed the tech did a speed test and the results were around 18 mbps, both with wireless and wired connections. The tech said he'd put in an order to have it fixed, and I never heard back. Since then I've been on the phone with tech support 4 different times, and had 3 additional techs come to check out my system. The last time I spoke with tech support, the operator said that my RG had to be replaced, he was sending a senior tech, and that i shouldn't let the tech leave my house until the problem was resolved. When the tech came over, he looked at the RG, did a speed test (the results showed ~20 Mbps) and told me there was nothing he could do. Said the signal was fine and he sees this all the time. I asked him how could everything be fine if I wasn't even getting half of the download speed I was paying for. He went on to explain that, basically, it was impossible to ever really get the 45
Mbps speed. I asked how AT&T could sell a service which they were unable to deliver. His direct quote was "AT&T is a business whose goal is to make money." He told me that replacing the RG wouldn't make a difference. I explained to him that the tech support operator told me that the RG was faulty, and not to let the tech leave until the problem was fixed. He told me that the tech support operators really just read a script from a protocol manual, and do not truly understand the workings of the system. I insisted that he replace the RG and he did so, but he was correct, replacing it had no effect whatsoever on my download speeds (if anything they're a bit slower now -- around 15 Mbps). He left suggesting that I downgrade my internet service plan, and saying "yeah, we always sort of grit our teeth when we go to instal the 45 Mbps package. I wish we could talk people out of purchasing it because they're never really satisfied with it." What a disappointment AT&T! After dealing with nearly every other service provider out there I finally felt confident that AT&T could deal with me squarely and provide services in a fair and professional manner. And now, this.

14 of 22 (5,781 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2014 10:29:55 AM
(0)
Contributor

I am in the same boat, I went from Max Turbo to HSIA and my throughput is never butter and usually worse.  We've had to move the TVs off the Ethernet and put them on coax and they stil pixalate sometimes.  My throughput is usually 24 MB but it seems to be consistantly solwer than that, not getting near my 45 MB I should be gettting.  Here is how my line is setup.

DSL Status
Line StateUpUp
Downstream Sync Rate (kbps)2761527615
Upstream Sync Rate (kbps)30403040
Downstream Max Attainable Rate (kbps)7774066736
Upstream Max Attainable Rate (kbps)1122611190
ModulationVDSL2VDSL2
SN Margin (dB)30.324.826.024.7
Line Attenuation (dB)22.815.923.515.2
Output Power(dBm)14.5-4.514.5-4.4
Errored Seconds0001
Loss of Signal0000
Loss of Frame0000
FEC Errors68356970104123
CRC Errors0001
Aggregated Information
Bonded Downstream Rate55230
Bonded Upstream Rate6080

I am in the same boat, I went from Max Turbo to HSIA and my throughput is never butter and usually worse.  We've had to move the TVs off the Ethernet and put them on coax and they stil pixalate sometimes.  My throughput is usually 24 MB but it seems to be consistantly solwer than that, not getting near my 45 MB I should be gettting.  Here is how my line is setup.

DSL Status
Line StateUpUp
Downstream Sync Rate (kbps)2761527615
Upstream Sync Rate (kbps)30403040
Downstream Max Attainable Rate (kbps)7774066736
Upstream Max Attainable Rate (kbps)1122611190
ModulationVDSL2VDSL2
SN Margin (dB)30.324.826.024.7
Line Attenuation (dB)22.815.923.515.2
Output Power(dBm)14.5-4.514.5-4.4
Errored Seconds0001
Loss of Signal0000
Loss of Frame0000
FEC Errors68356970104123
CRC Errors0001
Aggregated Information
Bonded Downstream Rate55230
Bonded Upstream Rate6080

15 of 22 (5,774 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2014 11:24:34 AM
(0)
Mentor

I have HSIA45 and consistently receive 47Mbps down and about 5.72Mbps Up.  I, along with others on here are testament that it does work.  AT&T is not selling something they can not provide.  Keep in mind the following:

1) You can not receive 45Mbps on any wireless below 802.11n, and with overhead and interference you will seldom reach 45Mbps even on 802.11n.  I have had better success with 5Ghz. wireless.  802.11ac looks promising, but I have not had the chance to play with it. 

2) It takes a powerful computer/device to be able to handle 45Mbps.  My newer top end PC's/Notebooks have no trouble with it.  My old PC's/Notebooks simply can not handle it (either not enough processing power, not enough memory, etc.)  Even my iPad 2 can not handle 45Mbps.

3) Speed test sites are not 100% reliable.  Some speed test sites have no trouble doing test for 45Mbps, yet others never can.  Even at work where I have 200Mbps Up/Down fiber, there are speed test sites that can't go faster than 20Mbps or so.

I think a lot of people order 45Mbps, and think that it should work on everything, all the time, not taking in to consideration that their equipment needs to be able to handle the high speed.  And that every site on the Internet is NOT capable of handling that kinds of speeds.

Try testing wired instead of wireless.  Try using different equipment, or testing on multiple devices at the same time and see if the aggregate speed is higher.  Try different speed test sites.  Try downloading something that can do multiple threads.  If your RG is provisioned and synced correctly, the problem is probably with your equipment and not your service.  Good Luck.  YMMV

I have HSIA45 and consistently receive 47Mbps down and about 5.72Mbps Up.  I, along with others on here are testament that it does work.  AT&T is not selling something they can not provide.  Keep in mind the following:

1) You can not receive 45Mbps on any wireless below 802.11n, and with overhead and interference you will seldom reach 45Mbps even on 802.11n.  I have had better success with 5Ghz. wireless.  802.11ac looks promising, but I have not had the chance to play with it. 

2) It takes a powerful computer/device to be able to handle 45Mbps.  My newer top end PC's/Notebooks have no trouble with it.  My old PC's/Notebooks simply can not handle it (either not enough processing power, not enough memory, etc.)  Even my iPad 2 can not handle 45Mbps.

3) Speed test sites are not 100% reliable.  Some speed test sites have no trouble doing test for 45Mbps, yet others never can.  Even at work where I have 200Mbps Up/Down fiber, there are speed test sites that can't go faster than 20Mbps or so.

I think a lot of people order 45Mbps, and think that it should work on everything, all the time, not taking in to consideration that their equipment needs to be able to handle the high speed.  And that every site on the Internet is NOT capable of handling that kinds of speeds.

Try testing wired instead of wireless.  Try using different equipment, or testing on multiple devices at the same time and see if the aggregate speed is higher.  Try different speed test sites.  Try downloading something that can do multiple threads.  If your RG is provisioned and synced correctly, the problem is probably with your equipment and not your service.  Good Luck.  YMMV

16 of 22 (5,768 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 8, 2014 4:44:15 PM
(0)
Tutor

I am having the exact same issue and was told the exact same thing.

I am having the exact same issue and was told the exact same thing.

17 of 22 (5,731 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 8, 2014 7:38:16 PM
(0)
Employee
I really like that explanation, I am going to keep that. As people need to be aware of that. I would not expect wireless or speed test sites to handle 45 easily. I would try a torrent test of some linux distros, load up about 5-10 and check their speed that way. May need more than one machine too, to test it that way.
I really like that explanation, I am going to keep that. As people need to be aware of that. I would not expect wireless or speed test sites to handle 45 easily. I would try a torrent test of some linux distros, load up about 5-10 and check their speed that way. May need more than one machine too, to test it that way.

18 of 22 (5,718 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 17, 2014 11:39:07 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hello my name is Dave, I work  as a premesis technician and can tell you why you are not getting your 45 Meg service. A standard single pair Uverse install goes out to 3000 feet and can only get up to 24 meg service, all dependnig on the distance. On a single pair install the max speed you can get is somewhere near these ranges.Less than a 2000 feet can get 24 megs, over 2000 feet can get 12 megs, anything over that and you can only get 6 megs or even 3 megs...

Salesmen will tell you anything and Ive had to explain this to many people once on the job why they cant get the speed they asked for..

The 45 Meg Service is done by what Atnt calls a bonded pair install. Meaning we take 2 pairs instead of the 1 and get more bandwidth out to your house riding 2 pairs instead of 1. So in essance each pair is carrying 50-70 megs depending on the cards installed in the Sai box (F,K,N)(where the signal comes from), where a single pair might carry 60 max.. Several factors come into play from here.. The condition of the pairs that are carrying the signal from the SAI box, the condition of the service drop which runs from a Arial or Buried terminal which is close to your house, and the Profile that the order is set up for.

If everything is set up correctly 45 megs Down and 6 megs Up is easily attainable.This will also depend on the experience of the technician to make sure they test the lines carrying the signal, ensure the service drop is good, and make sure the profile is set up for a 45 meg bonded pair install..

I did a 45meg internet install today that took me 3 hours to complete because the orders were screwed up. This job was an upgrade from  24 meg service to 45 meg service. The assingments were wrong and it took me an hour to get that corrected. Once I got to the house and had the modem connected we was only getting 25 megs, so I had to talk to 2nd level support to change the order which took another hour. And finally after talking to 3 different support techs I got one that was able to correct my order and get my 45 meg service up and running. The job should have taken an hour to do but ended up as 3 hours.. Be sure to have some time set aside if the technician has difficulties. And please remember we are there to make sure you are happy and install your services in a  timely manner. It doesnt always work that way but we strive to do the best we can and ensure your Uverse services are working as you was told they would..

Hello my name is Dave, I work  as a premesis technician and can tell you why you are not getting your 45 Meg service. A standard single pair Uverse install goes out to 3000 feet and can only get up to 24 meg service, all dependnig on the distance. On a single pair install the max speed you can get is somewhere near these ranges.Less than a 2000 feet can get 24 megs, over 2000 feet can get 12 megs, anything over that and you can only get 6 megs or even 3 megs...

Salesmen will tell you anything and Ive had to explain this to many people once on the job why they cant get the speed they asked for..

The 45 Meg Service is done by what Atnt calls a bonded pair install. Meaning we take 2 pairs instead of the 1 and get more bandwidth out to your house riding 2 pairs instead of 1. So in essance each pair is carrying 50-70 megs depending on the cards installed in the Sai box (F,K,N)(where the signal comes from), where a single pair might carry 60 max.. Several factors come into play from here.. The condition of the pairs that are carrying the signal from the SAI box, the condition of the service drop which runs from a Arial or Buried terminal which is close to your house, and the Profile that the order is set up for.

If everything is set up correctly 45 megs Down and 6 megs Up is easily attainable.This will also depend on the experience of the technician to make sure they test the lines carrying the signal, ensure the service drop is good, and make sure the profile is set up for a 45 meg bonded pair install..

I did a 45meg internet install today that took me 3 hours to complete because the orders were screwed up. This job was an upgrade from  24 meg service to 45 meg service. The assingments were wrong and it took me an hour to get that corrected. Once I got to the house and had the modem connected we was only getting 25 megs, so I had to talk to 2nd level support to change the order which took another hour. And finally after talking to 3 different support techs I got one that was able to correct my order and get my 45 meg service up and running. The job should have taken an hour to do but ended up as 3 hours.. Be sure to have some time set aside if the technician has difficulties. And please remember we are there to make sure you are happy and install your services in a  timely manner. It doesnt always work that way but we strive to do the best we can and ensure your Uverse services are working as you was told they would..

19 of 22 (4,896 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 18, 2014 7:00:57 PM
(0)
Tutor

What Dave said 

What Dave said 

20 of 22 (4,855 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2016 10:49:24 AM
(0)
Tutor

How can I get Dave out to my house and get my internet up to the HSIA45 speed I've been paying for since Sept 2015? He seems to know what needs to be done. I hadn't yet downloaded any movies, and not tested my speed. When I tested the speed at ATT/speedtest, it showed a download of 13mbps, upload 1.48. They are sending a new RG but I suspect this will not fix the problem. 

Who knows if the install was done right, or the profile, or whatever. Not getting what I paid for ... Where is Dave? Hope he still works there!

How can I get Dave out to my house and get my internet up to the HSIA45 speed I've been paying for since Sept 2015? He seems to know what needs to be done. I hadn't yet downloaded any movies, and not tested my speed. When I tested the speed at ATT/speedtest, it showed a download of 13mbps, upload 1.48. They are sending a new RG but I suspect this will not fix the problem. 

Who knows if the install was done right, or the profile, or whatever. Not getting what I paid for ... Where is Dave? Hope he still works there!

21 of 22 (1,269 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2016 11:15:58 AM
(1)
ACE - Expert

@padmaZ   Hopefully you are checking speeds wired or very close to the RG,farther you go wirelesly, lower the speeds.  If that new RG does not help, contact ATT Uverse Care on the link in my signature below.

Send them a Private Message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your Uverse service 45M speed problems. They are available M-F 8am-11pm Eastern time (also around on weekends), response may take up to 2 business days.

This is not the regular CS/TS phone people, but the social media Community Specialists that know the people to contact. I personally know as they've helped me on a DVR swap and gone above and beyond. They can do more than any phone rep can and stick w/it till it's done.

Include your name, account #, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply. Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

@padmaZ   Hopefully you are checking speeds wired or very close to the RG,farther you go wirelesly, lower the speeds.  If that new RG does not help, contact ATT Uverse Care on the link in my signature below.

Send them a Private Message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your Uverse service 45M speed problems. They are available M-F 8am-11pm Eastern time (also around on weekends), response may take up to 2 business days.

This is not the regular CS/TS phone people, but the social media Community Specialists that know the people to contact. I personally know as they've helped me on a DVR swap and gone above and beyond. They can do more than any phone rep can and stick w/it till it's done.

Include your name, account #, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply. Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

22 of 22 (1,257 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments