Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 28, 2013
1:33:06 PM
View profile
How to use router as wireless repeater with Uverse?

Hi all, I've looked around and I've seen vague posts describing this process but I am still uncertain whether or not I can use the router as a wireless range extender basically.

What I'm trying to do is basically use a router (WNR2000v3) as a wireless access point/repeater. My main modem is the Uverse modem/router (Pace 5031NV).

If I use the method described here: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19852, it works, but this is wired--I was hoping to see a wireless method. The method here: http://vpncasestudy.com/download/WDS/WDS_Concept.pdf doesn't seem to work as the Pace 5031nv doesn't seem to have a repeater mode? Or does it?

I'm also wondering because in the settings for the Pace5031nv, there is a "Cascading Router" setting? Does this have any relevance as to what I want to do?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all, I've looked around and I've seen vague posts describing this process but I am still uncertain whether or not I can use the router as a wireless range extender basically.

What I'm trying to do is basically use a router (WNR2000v3) as a wireless access point/repeater. My main modem is the Uverse modem/router (Pace 5031NV).

If I use the method described here: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19852, it works, but this is wired--I was hoping to see a wireless method. The method here: http://vpncasestudy.com/download/WDS/WDS_Concept.pdf doesn't seem to work as the Pace 5031nv doesn't seem to have a repeater mode? Or does it?

I'm also wondering because in the settings for the Pace5031nv, there is a "Cascading Router" setting? Does this have any relevance as to what I want to do?

Thanks in advance!

How to use router as wireless repeater with Uverse?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 11:52:01 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi term1nal,

Hopefully, I am understanding you right, but it sounds like you are trying to use your router as a wireless range extender via a wireless connection. If I am wrong, I apologize. I did some quick research on the WNR2000v3, and I do not think it has the same capabilities as the DG834G Repeaters, as the repeaters have the ability to connect to a wireless connection, while the WNR2000v3 does not, so it does not have that wireless option.

From the research I did on the repeaters, they seem like basic repeaters. We also offer one here. But it sounds like you are looking for something more like this than a secondary router.

Hope this helps,

David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi term1nal,

Hopefully, I am understanding you right, but it sounds like you are trying to use your router as a wireless range extender via a wireless connection. If I am wrong, I apologize. I did some quick research on the WNR2000v3, and I do not think it has the same capabilities as the DG834G Repeaters, as the repeaters have the ability to connect to a wireless connection, while the WNR2000v3 does not, so it does not have that wireless option.

From the research I did on the repeaters, they seem like basic repeaters. We also offer one here. But it sounds like you are looking for something more like this than a secondary router.

Hope this helps,

David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: How to use router as wireless repeater with Uverse?

2 of 2 (8,424 Views)