How to use Referral Promotional Referral Cards for Uverse payment

Contributor

How to use Referral Promotional Referral Cards for Uverse payment

I got $100 in four $25 refer a friend cards and only have uverse/internet service. Says they can be used for account payment or store goods/services. The other person who referred me did pay their account by calling in. These do not have VISA on them. I entered them into the payment info page and got a "Payment Failure" that the card numbers were wrong or it wasn't active. I tried the online chat, who said they got a failure trying to process them for $25 payments and to contact rewards about whether they were properly activated. The REwards people said they are activated, but they can't be used to pay for bundled services, that I have to call billing, ask them to unbundle my service, process the payment, and then rebundle. I called Uverse billing, they said the cards couldn't be used and had no real answer about using them. I mentioned the unbundling tactic to use them for payment and they said if they unbundled my service even briefly to process the payment, I would lose my promotional rate on the account. The other person said they just called in and the payment person processed them, albeit they were limited to three cards a day. I am not an AT&T wireless customer so I can't use these for something at the store for a phone. Does anyone know what to tell the billing people on the phone in order to get them to process a payment using these cards? This is an insane runaround

Message 1 of 5 (746 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: How to use Referral Promotional Referral Cards for Uverse payment

I found this on the Rewards Center web page:

Q.Can I use my AT&T Visa® Reward Card* as payment for my AT&T bill?                                        
                                             A.                     

Yes. You may use your AT&T Visa® Reward Card* for purchases anywhere Visa cards are accepted

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5 (736 Views)
ACE - Master

I also found this:

May I provide the AT&T Reward Card number as payment for my AT&T bill?
Yes. You may use your AT&T Reward Card for purchases anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. Please don’t send the card in with your payment.  Use another option so that you can provide the 16 digit card code.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5 (734 Views)
Employee

The rewards cards that customer's receive for the referral program can only be used to pay bills and/or for use in an at&t store. This is straight from the referral website:

VI.  AT&T Promotion Cards

1. AT&T Promotion Cards can be redeemed for merchandise online at att.com or at any AT&T company owned store.  They can also be used towards paying your bill through the online account management service at att.com, by phone or at participating AT&T stores.  PLEASE NOTE THAT AT&T PROMOTION CARDS EXPIRE 5 MONTHS (150 DAYS) FROM THE LAST DAY OF THE MONTH THAT IS EMBOSSED ON THE CARD.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5 (534 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

lilybug0411 wrote:

The rewards cards that customer's receive for the referral program can only be used to pay bills and/or for use in an at&t store. This is straight from the referral website:

VI.  AT&T Promotion Cards

1. AT&T Promotion Cards can be redeemed for merchandise online at att.com or at any AT&T company owned store.  They can also be used towards paying your bill through the online account management service at att.com, by phone or at participating AT&T stores.  PLEASE NOTE THAT AT&T PROMOTION CARDS EXPIRE 5 MONTHS (150 DAYS) FROM THE LAST DAY OF THE MONTH THAT IS EMBOSSED ON THE CARD.

You appear to have inserted a word "only" that is not included in the text you quoted.  However, I do see no mention that these are "Visa" debit cards any longer (they were in the previous referral program).  Dang.

Message 5 of 5 (529 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.