Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 9, 2013
8:18:21 AM
View profile
How to set up a second slingbox away from router

We currently have a Slingbox Pro HD and it is hooked up in the same room as the Gateway and Router.

How would I set up a second Slingbox in an upstairs bedroom. Can it be done using a Slingbox 350 wbich does not have wireless capability (but is $100.00 cheaper) or would I have to use a Slingbox 500 and connect via wi fi.

I see NETWORK inputs on all of our receivers but not sure how it all works

We currently have a Slingbox Pro HD and it is hooked up in the same room as the Gateway and Router.

How would I set up a second Slingbox in an upstairs bedroom. Can it be done using a Slingbox 350 wbich does not have wireless capability (but is $100.00 cheaper) or would I have to use a Slingbox 500 and connect via wi fi.

I see NETWORK inputs on all of our receivers but not sure how it all works

How to set up a second slingbox away from router

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2013 8:48:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
wsloan - The most straightforward way to connect the sllngbox upstairs is to connect a longer cat5 cable from the RG to it. Of course, you have to be able to do it & you need a free port on the RG. You can get your cable at monoprice.com.

A second choice depends on your existing wiring to the STB. If it is coax, you can use a short cat5 cable to the network jack on the STB. This is not supported, but should not be a problem,
wsloan - The most straightforward way to connect the sllngbox upstairs is to connect a longer cat5 cable from the RG to it. Of course, you have to be able to do it & you need a free port on the RG. You can get your cable at monoprice.com.

A second choice depends on your existing wiring to the STB. If it is coax, you can use a short cat5 cable to the network jack on the STB. This is not supported, but should not be a problem,
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How to set up a second slingbox away from router

2 of 3 (306 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2013 9:16:17 AM
(0)
Contributor

The STB box in the upstairs bedroom is connected to the network via coax. So connecting the slingbox via cat5 to the network jack would work.

The STB box in the upstairs bedroom is connected to the network via coax. So connecting the slingbox via cat5 to the network jack would work.

Re: How to set up a second slingbox away from router

3 of 3 (300 Views)