How to raise STB to maximum volume - 955 code is not working...takes STB to adult on demand channel

Contributor

How to raise STB to maximum volume - 955 code is not working...takes STB to adult on demand channel

Bose amplifier attached to audio out on Samsung TV.  Blu-Ray and Xbox connect to HDMI ports on TV and volume is capable of going to jetliner levels.

Uverse STB does not produce very much volume.  Max volume goes to what I would call '5' on a guitar amp.  Wasn't always this way.  Noticed during super bowl party.  Previously wife would scream for me to turn down the dang TV!

Swapped out HDMI cables, uverse STB's and HDMI ports on back of TV.  No change.

Searched forums and found 955 code solution.  Doesn't work.  If remote is close to TV it changes channel to 956 and volume controls still tries to work the TV.  If done away from STB, it still flashed the TV led on remote. 

I saw a thread where a user had same issue and said he 'figured it out' but never replied on how he did it.

Thanks in advance for any support.

- Hank

Message 1 of 4 (1,001 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: How to raise STB to maximum volume - 955 code is not working...takes STB to adult on demand chan

hank69er - Do you have another remote that you could use? Make sure the batteries are fresh.

Be sure to press att & OK together, then 955 then enter. The volume control will follow the mode button. In att mode press vol up - max is 25.

You can reset the remote to factory default by att/OK -900 -enter. But you will have to reprogram all your devices.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (987 Views)
Contributor

Re: How to raise STB to maximum volume - 955 code is not working...takes STB to adult on demand chan

My wife actually showed me how to do the remote.  You have to press and hold the ATT button BEFORE pressing th OK button.  It does not work if you press them simultaneously.  In any event, volume was already set to 25.

Any other suggestions on what I could check?  Like I mentioned, I have swapped out every component and the only one having volume issues is the STB.

Message 3 of 4 (937 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

hank69er - If the STB volume is too low when set at 25, you should call for a new one. They should send you a new one.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (933 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.