How to make latency speeds faster???

Highlighted

How to make latency speeds faster???

I have a terrible ping rate (150Mbps), and I would like to know if I could make it better. I plan on calling tech support later on this afternoon, but I would like to avoid that if I can find a solution. Thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (540 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: How to make latency speeds faster???

One thing you can do to lower your ping rate is to not use a wireless connection.  If your connection is experiencing errors, getting rid of them can also lower your latency.  Finally, connecting to a server close to you is the best way to lower latency.  I know that this is not always feasible.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (513 Views)
Community Support

Re: How to make latency speeds faster???

Hi chaseburleson,

Another thing you can do is run a tracert to the site you are trying to ping. With a tracert, it will give a step by step route and how long it takes to get from one router to another. This will give you a general idea of where the latency is coming from.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (439 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.