How to have STB in closet and run to multiple monitors over ethernet

Contributor

How to have STB in closet and run to multiple monitors over ethernet

Hi,

I currently have a STB at the TV and connected to the wireless gateway through the home ethernet to the media closet. I would like to house the STB in the media closet and be able to send the same video to multiple monitors throughout the house over the ethernet.  Is that possible?  Any  special equipment needed?

My home is wired completely - even in the bathrooms LOL - with ethernet, telephone, and cable jacks all leading to a central closet.

Thanks for any advice.  I am new to this so be gentle. :-)

Message 1 of 3 (452 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: How to have STB in closet and run to multiple monitors over ethernet

To send the video output from the STB using Cat5e Twisted Pair (not Ethernet, per se), you'd need something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003UT7TJS

You could try the following Google searches:

component video over ethernet

HDMI over Ethernet

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (451 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: How to have STB in closet and run to multiple monitors over ethernet

[ Edited ]

MisterImposter - Her is the web site for the experts in want you want to do. Easy if you run new HDMI cable. They probably can advise you if you are looking to reuse existing cable.

http://sewelldirect.com/Sewell-HDMI-1x2-Splitter-v13b.asp?ad_source=GoogleAdWords&ad_medium=PPC&ad_t...

Be sure to watch the video.

Then you need to control the STB - For that you need the point anyhere RF remote and/or the Buddy TV for IOS devices. You can have either or both and multiple instances.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3 (429 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.