How to fix blinking red Broadband light on Gateway

Contributor

How to fix blinking red Broadband light on Gateway

Flashing red Broadband light on Gateway box.

We had a storm last night in my area and now Uverse TV and Internet will not work. But I dont have any notices about service outages.  I tried rebooting the Uverse box, after that did not work I checked the Gateway and noticed a flashing red Broadband light. All cords are connected. I tried the reset button on Gateway, as well as unplugging the power and reconnecting. Nothing worked.

I called tech support only to be put on hold for over an hour so I finally gave up on that.

Any assistance or tips would be greatly appreciated!!!

Message 1 of 3 (8,327 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: How to fix blinking red Broadband light on Gateway

acarpen54 - If the gateway does not come back automatically or after a reboot, you need a tech. Could be the wire is open or the gateway is fried. If you cannot get through by calling, you could try an on-line chat if you can go to a place with internet access.

Last time I called I could not get past Mr. Auto test. He scheduled the next available appointment. That should work for your case.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (8,322 Views)
Contributor

Re: How to fix blinking red Broadband light on Gateway

Thanks. I've been trying to chat from my phone, but just got locked up where I couldn't send anymore messages. Argh

Message 3 of 3 (8,309 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.