How to export a Contact Category list?

Tutor

How to export a Contact Category list?

When printing my Contact list, I can select a Category instead of the entire list. When exporting, I am not given that opportunity. Is there a 'work-around'?

Message 1 of 11 (1,695 Views)
Expert

Re: How to export a Contact Category list?

Exporting a contact list with which program?  You know this forum is for Uverse tv, internet, and telephone service.

Message 2 of 11 (1,678 Views)
Tutor

I am using U-verse for my internet connection. Do I need to contact ATT/Yahoo (my email provider) with this question?

Message 3 of 11 (1,673 Views)
ACE - Expert

Looking at the contacts tab of the att/yahoo mail, it has an import button but no export button.

Gmail also allows import of contacts.

It would appear that the answer to your question is - go to your target and import the contacts.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 11 (1,665 Views)
Tutor

I am trying to create a file of this category to send to another member of the group, I can create a csv file of my entire contact list, but not of the category subset. Is that true?

Message 5 of 11 (1,661 Views)
ACE - Expert

I see lists - you create a list & name it. Is this what you mean by category?

If it is - If you click on a specific list, are those contacts listed?

Now I see an actions button (same line as new contact, new list, search) & the pulldown shows export all - Is it possible that if you have all your contacts displayed, they will all be exported. And, if you have only one list displayed, it will export all that list??
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 11 (1,655 Views)
Tutor

You've isolated the problem. Even if the Category subsist is highlighted, the only export offered is Export All.

Message 7 of 11 (1,649 Views)
ACE - Expert

So, you have tried it and verified that all means all your contacts - not all the specific list??

I am not trying this because I have no contacts and no lists.
Message 8 of 11 (1,644 Views)
Tutor

True. You have described my results. I hope there is a work around, and this is not a design flaw.

Message 9 of 11 (1,639 Views)
Contributor

How do I export my email contacts from my previous att.net provider to my new yahoo.com provider?

Message 10 of 11 (829 Views)
Community Support

Hi maisiediva,

Yahoo has actually made it very easy to do this. All you need to do is

1. Login to your new yahoo.com account
  2. Click on CONTACTS tab at the top.
  3. Click on Import Contacts
  4. From there it will let you choose from where you want to import your contacts. Choose Yahoo, and it will ask for your user-name and password from your att.net account.
  5. Input your login and password and you are all set.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 11 of 11 (777 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.