Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: How to effecetively reduce my monthy Uverse Bill?

Contributor

How to effecetively reduce my monthy Uverse Bill?

Hello Everyone,

I was seeking some general tips on how to reduce my Uverse Bill. Near the end of November some of my last complaint price reductions will be begone and my bill will jump back to over $160+ a month.  I regular U300 and 6Mb Internet user.

I've been happy with ATT&T for the last 10 years but after this price increase I find it difficult to not goto Charter or someone else.

Anytips on how I can get my current U300 and 6Mb internet for less than $100? I currently get the 2nd STB free due to having U300 for so long but I expect that will also fall off and I begin to get charged the $7 for it.

Any advice would be great,

Thanks,

Chris

Message 1 of 8
Employee

Need to talk to retentions, not sales....easiest way to reach retentions is to request cancel services.
The retentions department task is to keep you as a customer, what promotions are available and at what price is not known.

What is know is current pricing....regular rates
U300...$89, Elite....$46....2nd stb....$7, HD.....$10(do youhave?), HSIA fee $2 or $6.......total HD pkg $154 or $158 plus taxes and fees.

For new customers (6 months+ without ATT account)
U300+Max Plus $84 (savings $61), plus 2nd box $7, HD $10, HSIA $6 for total $107 plus taxes and fees
to get below $100 remove HD only standard TV or reduce max plus to elite ($10 difference) total $97 plus taxes and fees.

What channels do you watch, if most if not all on u200 package can save $15/month by moving to u200.
To view channels available on each package http://www.att.com/u-verse/shop/channel-lineup.jsp

While i would not expect the discount to be as deep ($61)
... if they continue free 2nd box saves $7, Plus any discount(s) or promotion offered
At least now aware of current pricing, promotion and contact (retentions)...hope this helps.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 8
Contributor

My thoughts:

Many thanks for the reply.  I don't currently have the HD option and am being charged $6 for the HSIA. 

Currently they are taking $10 off the U300 and $5 of the Internet.

I'll update everyone with the final outcome.

Best regards,

Chris

Message 3 of 8
Contributor

Just wanted to give an update.  I called and spoke to the retention group.

I still have the U300 but they are knocking $35 off the price. They also upped me to the 18mg Internet and knocked $10.  I was told I was still grandfathered free 2nd STB.  So my new monthly bill before taxes and other stuff will be $105.

Cheers

Message 4 of 8
Employee

Glad to hear you approached your desired goal (below $100), triple your internet speed, kept your tv package and had a successful outcome with retentions.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 8
Contributor

My bill increased from $110 to $174 when our promotions ended (U300 and internet). I have called and spoken to three different customer service reps, including retention reps, and have not been able to get any new promotions. All they can offer me is to increase my tv package to U450 and decrease my internet speed for the same price or a few dollars less. I dont want more tv or less internet - I want to lower my bill to what it originally was, $110 per month, for the same services. I'm close to just cancelling everything, and have even told ATT that. I've asked about military discounts, etc, and they wont offer anything. Any tips on how to get my promotional price back?

Message 6 of 8
Highlighted
Expert

Molly,

don't give up on getting a better price for your Uverse service.  I have gotten my service reduced from $170 to around $110 per month.  I have had occasion to call CS to make a request and got several uncooperative CSRs.  But I politely ended the call and called back until I got a cooperative CSR who granted my request. 

You can also click on the hyper link in my sig for AT&T Customer Care, you will be taken to their PM page.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Support.  Send them a PM with your info along with your concern and they will help you get this resolved.  Watch the blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification, as they will contact you via PM as well.

Message 7 of 8
Contributor

So I tried to reduce my ATT bill they helped me with telling me I can Pay 253.99 per month for a bundle U450, internet, and phone. I feel like an abused person. Is there anyone who can help get this under $200 per month?  I saw a package for $189 and they said only for new customers, so as a loyalty reward I get to pay $64 more per month. Not fair ATT.

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support