Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 3, 2013
2:13:31 PM
View profile
How to disable early start on DVR

How do I disable the 1 minute early start on DVR.  I want it to start recording at the scheduled time.  When it starts early I get recording conflicts when I have recordings in the previous time slot.

How do I disable the 1 minute early start on DVR.  I want it to start recording at the scheduled time.  When it starts early I get recording conflicts when I have recordings in the previous time slot.

How to disable early start on DVR

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2013 3:56:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

You can set up a manual recording:

• On your TV, use the remote, go to Menu.
  • Go to RECORDED TV, down to SET RECORDING.
  • Now down to CREATE A MANUAL RECORDING WITH--Channel and Time.
  • Type in the channel you want, set the date.
  • Then set the START and STOP times (for the block of programming).
  • KEEP UNTIL can be changed if you wish.
  • Press RECORD off to the left when you are finished.

You will need to set a Manual recording for each night as there is no repeat feature.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

You can set up a manual recording:

• On your TV, use the remote, go to Menu.
  • Go to RECORDED TV, down to SET RECORDING.
  • Now down to CREATE A MANUAL RECORDING WITH--Channel and Time.
  • Type in the channel you want, set the date.
  • Then set the START and STOP times (for the block of programming).
  • KEEP UNTIL can be changed if you wish.
  • Press RECORD off to the left when you are finished.

You will need to set a Manual recording for each night as there is no repeat feature.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How to disable early start on DVR

2 of 5 (445 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2013 8:36:11 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Michael.B wrote:

The soft padding of starting a recording 1 minute prior to the program's scheduled start time and ending it 2 minutes after a program's scheduled end time would not cause a conflict that would result in a program not recording.  If a conflict would result, the soft padding would not be applied.  

You have reasons for the conflicts that are not because of the soft padding.  Most likely, what you have is a previous program that has a hard end time in the Guide of 1 minute after the hour.

Michael.B wrote:

The soft padding of starting a recording 1 minute prior to the program's scheduled start time and ending it 2 minutes after a program's scheduled end time would not cause a conflict that would result in a program not recording.  If a conflict would result, the soft padding would not be applied.  

You have reasons for the conflicts that are not because of the soft padding.  Most likely, what you have is a previous program that has a hard end time in the Guide of 1 minute after the hour.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (427 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2013 10:47:46 PM
(0)
Teacher

Well thanks for the replies.  I knew I could set a manual recording, but that does not help with things like series recordings.

As for the conflicts, I get a message on the tv saying that the tvs and recordings are using all the available resources and asks if I still want to watch the program that I have on and cancel one of the recordings.  This happens when I have 2 rscheduled recordings finishing and two about to start.  Fter the two minute overlap is done I can then watch what I was watching without any problems.

Is there no way to get red of this overlap via a dvr setting?

Well thanks for the replies.  I knew I could set a manual recording, but that does not help with things like series recordings.

As for the conflicts, I get a message on the tv saying that the tvs and recordings are using all the available resources and asks if I still want to watch the program that I have on and cancel one of the recordings.  This happens when I have 2 rscheduled recordings finishing and two about to start.  Fter the two minute overlap is done I can then watch what I was watching without any problems.

4 of 5 (419 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2013 10:36:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Michael.B wrote:

There is no setting to eliminate the soft padding BUT I have never had a conflict due to the soft padding itself.  Where I do have a conflict type issue are the shows that have an official start/stop time other than :00 or :30.   So, if a recorded show runs from 8:00 - 9:01 and I have three new shows that the recordings start at 9:00, one will conflict as the 8 O'clock show will still record until 9:01 before the soft padding even hits.  THAT has always been my issue, not the extra time that the DVR adds.

Michael.B wrote:

There is no setting to eliminate the soft padding BUT I have never had a conflict due to the soft padding itself.  Where I do have a conflict type issue are the shows that have an official start/stop time other than :00 or :30.   So, if a recorded show runs from 8:00 - 9:01 and I have three new shows that the recordings start at 9:00, one will conflict as the 8 O'clock show will still record until 9:01 before the soft padding even hits.  THAT has always been my issue, not the extra time that the DVR adds.

5 of 5 (386 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments