Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Jan 21, 2014
3:55:05 PM
View profile
How to change my NAT status

Hi everyone, I've been reading many forums and been trying out the methods to open port, but nothing seems to be working.

A little background, I'm using my PC to play Assassin's Creed IV, and i noticed my NAT is set to moderate. So I've tried the methods where I add the ports to go through my firewall, but that doesnt seem to work.

I then noticed that My IP address type is listed as "Private (NAT)", could that be a reason why even though I set up the ports, it's still not working for AC4? 

I'm currently only use the ATT 2wire 3600HGV modem, no backup router or anything like that.

I know I can use DMZ and it will open all ports, but I feel like that's not really safe? I've read people said don't open it unless I know what I'm doing, and I dont know what I'm doing at all.

So I'm wondering can anyone help me with my situation? 

I've contacted ATT service and they offered the advanced technologians to fix it for me...but my friend fixed theirs last night without any problem, so I feel frastuated why I can't fix mine. 

Hi everyone, I've been reading many forums and been trying out the methods to open port, but nothing seems to be working.

A little background, I'm using my PC to play Assassin's Creed IV, and i noticed my NAT is set to moderate. So I've tried the methods where I add the ports to go through my firewall, but that doesnt seem to work.

I then noticed that My IP address type is listed as "Private (NAT)", could that be a reason why even though I set up the ports, it's still not working for AC4? 

I'm currently only use the ATT 2wire 3600HGV modem, no backup router or anything like that.

I know I can use DMZ and it will open all ports, but I feel like that's not really safe? I've read people said don't open it unless I know what I'm doing, and I dont know what I'm doing at all.

So I'm wondering can anyone help me with my situation? 

I've contacted ATT service and they offered the advanced technologians to fix it for me...but my friend fixed theirs last night without any problem, so I feel frastuated why I can't fix mine. 

How to change my NAT status

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2014 4:36:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Check this link and see if it will help: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/2wire/3800HGV-B/  Once on the page go the game you want info on and click it for instructions.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Check this link and see if it will help: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/2wire/3800HGV-B/  Once on the page go the game you want info on and click it for instructions.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How to change my NAT status

2 of 2 (223 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments