Helpful Links

How to Identify Devices using IP Addresses

Contributor

How to Identify Devices using IP Addresses

How do I identify devices on my home network? Mcafee only gives IP Addresses and identifies each as an "unknown device." Is there a way to match the IP Addresses to their respective devices? I am concerned because there are MANY more devices listed (13) than are in my home (to my knowledge)... and those devices always seem to be "online" when I approach the computer and immediately (usually within about 10 sec) mysteriously go "offline" and stay offline during that period of use. This activity predictably cycles in this manner consistently. Why am I concerned? My neighbor is a "peeping Tom" and the activities of my household seem to be his targeted interest. Is there any way that these "unknown devices" could be cameras that have been placed without my knowledge?

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Master

Re: How to Identify Devices using IP Addresses

Which AT&T Router do you have?  You could just do a factory reset on it then change your Wifi SSID and Password to something custom.  Re-establish connection with your known WiFi devices and see how things behave from there. 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support