U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Aug 25, 2013
10:11:04 AM
How many shows can be recorded at once?
Edited by Taylarie on Aug 25, 2013 at 10:20:15 AM

Hello all-

Is there any update on this topic?

I'm confused because all of the advertisements say you can record 4 shows at once but that isn't true, at least with my DVR?

I called support and they said I can only record 3 HD channels at once or 4 SD channels.

Is this the same for everyone?

Thanks!

Hello all-

Is there any update on this topic?

I'm confused because all of the advertisements say you can record 4 shows at once but that isn't true, at least with my DVR?

I called support and they said I can only record 3 HD channels at once or 4 SD channels.

Is this the same for everyone?

Thanks!

How many shows can be recorded at once?

[ Edited ]
4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 10:18:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
bdgard87 - Yes, you can record up to 4 shows simultaneously, as long as the fourth one is SD. If you are watching a show on the DVR it counts as a recording. If you want exclusively HD the limit is three. This is the max for everyone. Some may be limited to less due to lone restrictions.
bdgard87 - Yes, you can record up to 4 shows simultaneously, as long as the fourth one is SD. If you are watching a show on the DVR it counts as a recording. If you want exclusively HD the limit is three. This is the max for everyone. Some may be limited to less due to lone restrictions.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How many shows can be recorded at once?

2 of 5 (5,674 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 10:51:26 AM
(0)
Teacher
Are you sure about that? I just got installed Friday. Just now started watching a recorded HD show and was able to start 3 new HD recordings.
Are you sure about that? I just got installed Friday. Just now started watching a recorded HD show and was able to start 3 new HD recordings.

3 of 5 (5,655 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 10:56:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Aug 25, 2013 at 11:04:54 AM

saeyedoc wrote:

Watching recorded programs does not count against your stream limit.  Were you watching a recorded HD that was in the process of being recorded?

If you want to record 3 HD programs and watch a 4th LIVE HD program, you'll have to watch on a STB (not the DVR) since the DVR has a 3HD stream limit.

saeyedoc wrote:

Watching recorded programs does not count against your stream limit.  Were you watching a recorded HD that was in the process of being recorded?

If you want to record 3 HD programs and watch a 4th LIVE HD program, you'll have to watch on a STB (not the DVR) since the DVR has a 3HD stream limit.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 5 (5,650 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 11:27:05 AM
(0)
Teacher

skeeterintexas wrote:

saeyedoc wrote:

Tried it both ways, watching a previously recorded and a currently recorded program, both worked fine while recording 3 HD streams. From your previous post it seemed to indicate that watching a recorded show on the DVR counts as one stream. I have a 1/3 profile so I can't get a 4th HD stream anyway. Since I only have 3 TVs, sounds like the 3HD stream limit on the DVR will have no bearing on my situation (with regard to watching, not recording). 

skeeterintexas wrote:

saeyedoc wrote:

Tried it both ways, watching a previously recorded and a currently recorded program, both worked fine while recording 3 HD streams. From your previous post it seemed to indicate that watching a recorded show on the DVR counts as one stream. I have a 1/3 profile so I can't get a 4th HD stream anyway. Since I only have 3 TVs, sounds like the 3HD stream limit on the DVR will have no bearing on my situation (with regard to watching, not recording). 

5 of 5 (5,627 Views)