How many here are fed up with AT&T U verse TV going to blue screen with click OK in middle of show?

Highlighted
Tutor

How many here are fed up with AT&T U verse TV going to blue screen with click OK in middle of show?

Are you as fed up as I am with that blue screen, click OK to watch popping on your TV in middle of shows?

There is no set time for this to happen but since I noticed it will when I watch 2 long movies back to back I've asked around what could causing this...AT&T will NOT tell us the truth about it.  I called and complained, they sent service tech who said fixed now...AND that same night while watching second movie it happened again!

The truth of the matter is this according to the experts I contacted....AT&T goofed when they decided on what would be the bandwidth needed.  The amount they decided was to have lasted them years and years and instead they made it too low...Now in order to "save" they installed this (some call it a screen saver at AT&T) Click OK if the system decides you aren't really watching the TV.

Message 1 of 6 (933 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: How many here are fed up with AT&T U verse TV going to blue screen with click OK in middle o

The only time you should see this is after about 8 hours of no commands being sent to the receiver or if you pause TV and do not resume in a timely fashion.  It should not do this while watching a movie.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (920 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: How many here are fed up with AT&T U verse TV going to blue screen with click OK in middle o

Cofins4Terorists - There are more timeout triggers than the one BB mentions. If you pause or stop a viewing , it will time out fairly quickly. At one time it would restart on pause after a few minutes.

You do not say if you were watching live, recording or on-demand. It would be unlikely that you were on pause or stop. If it is on pause or stop the solution is to use the last button to switch while you want to take a break instead of pause or stop.

If it was not on pause/stop then something is defective. You can try a clean reload. If it is the DVR , you will lose recordings.

If you cannot get local satisfaction, send a PM to attcustomercare using this link - http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

BTW - the timeout version has a floating impression of a clock. The "regular" version does not.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6 (908 Views)
ACE - Master

BeeBeeSA wrote:

The only time you should see this is after about 8 hours of no commands being sent to the receiver or if you pause TV and do not resume in a timely fashion.  It should not do this while watching a movie.

Right?

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Message 4 of 6 (895 Views)
ACE - Expert

BB - Oh Yeah, I apologize for sloppy reading.
Message 5 of 6 (889 Views)
Tutor

When I tell you I am watching 2 movies back to back was on the movie channel and not recorded.  sorry for confusion...AT&T is the pits as far as I'm concerned and will soon let my cable company buy out the contract as promised since all who have cable here say it NEVER happens with cable.

Oh and my TV will go to voice only if I leave the room for more than a few minutes, meaning that is my Sony TV's built in screen saver.  As soon as I come back in room picture comes back along with the voice that never quit.

Message 6 of 6 (717 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.