How long does it take...

How long does it take...

...to get a response from ATTCustomerCare private message? I only sent it this morning, after finding this forum. I've had two months of being jerked around by AT&T and I'm at my wits end. I desperately want someone to take accountability and show some goodwill toward me. I've been a long time AT&T customer and recently signed up for U-verse. I like the service, but I hate, hate, hate the customer service.

For the life of me I don't understand why this company outsources the customer service call center jobs. It might save them some money, but I think the real price is very unhappy customers here in the States. Customers in the Phillipines should talk to reps in the Phillipines and customers in Malaysia should talk to reps on Malaysia. Likewise, customers in the States, should talk to reps in the States. End of that rant.

I'm glad to have found this forum and I hope my situation can be resolved by the Customer Care team. Because after three hours and seven different people on the phone yesterday (and two in the online chat), I am ready to switch back to Time Warner. They want me and they're offering me a better deal than I have now and a free tablet for switching back!

But I'm a sap and I want to give AT&T another chance.

Message 1 of 8 (457 Views)
Employee

Re: How long does it take...

Thank you for your post, could ask what the specific issue is, there are many individuals here that may be able to help.
My understanding is normal 24 to 48 hour response when PM care, each rep handles a limited number of requests at any one time, as those are completed another is assigned.

ATT has 27 call centers here in the US, different centers handle different aspects,(departments), example 5 of them are soft issues (billing). Centers in East... Atlanta, Ga, Tenn, Ohio...Midwest Milwaukee, St. Louis, Texas (several), and West (CA).
If desires US call center best to call Monday to Friday 8 am -5 pm local time. As these call call centers close work shifts West to Philippines.

Thank you, if can be of further assistance please post again.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 8 (449 Views)

Thank you for your response. However, it would take way too long to tell you what's going on. I've been trying to get something done for two months now and I spent three hours on the phone with seven different people yesterday being bounced around from billing to rewards to billing and on and on. No one seems to want to take any accountability give me the credit I was told I should get.

Message 3 of 8 (442 Views)
Employee

Understand,your issue is one of broken promises, not a service reliability issue.
Best to you and yours this holiday season, hopefully with peace of mind if not peace on earth.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 8 (435 Views)
ACE - Expert

Normally you get a response in 1 or 2 business days.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 8 (432 Views)

Exactly! Broken promises.

Message 6 of 8 (425 Views)
Expert

Customer Care will usually respond to a request via PM. I don't know if you knew this but you have to watch the little blue envelope a the top of the forum page for message notification.

Message 7 of 8 (403 Views)
Highlighted

I'm happy to report that my trust has been restored.

A gentleman named Travis from the Social Media team phoned me yesterday afternoon about 30 minutes after reading my PM. I missed the call, but he left a voicemail for me. In the 30 minutes between his reading the message and calling me, he had reviewed the copious notes on my account and gave me the credit I was promised. All in less than 30 minutes. After I had spent three hours on the phone with seven different reps and being jerked around and transferred back and forth, Travis took care of it in less than 30 minutes.

I am very pleased with the outcome as I was on the verge of switching back to Time Warner and also of moving my cell service to another company.

I hope I never have another problem, but if I do, I'll come here first.

Many thanks to Travis for taking ownership!

Message 8 of 8 (388 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.