How is this product still being sold???

Contributor

How is this product still being sold???

I wonder how this product is still being sold, and people actually sign up for this whilst far to many people complain and give it such poor ratings.  I have tried this service, and it worked well for a couple of day to be completely honest.  But this is not the issue that most people have with this product.  I canceled this service because of a few reasons; military move and it wasn't available in my new location.  So with ligament reasons to cancel, and after many phone conversations with numerous reps, over a month later I get a final bill, which was just ridiculous, and another bill for "early termination".  I have called them once a week for over a month and each time I have been told I would not have to pay any early termination fee's, now here I sit with a bill which should have never came to me.  Sadly enough they do no inform you that when you cancel you service it shuts down your online access to pay your final bill, which causes you to call in your payment, costing an extra 5 dollars.  Again just always trying to get you to pay for nothing you should have to.  This entire experience is making me think twice about AT&T for anything, including my wireless service.  So while I type this post, I am also looking at changing my cellular service to get away from this company as fast as I can, and i will continue to share my experience with the BBB and other via social media to keep everyone informed of the practices here at AT&T.

Message 1 of 5 (533 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: How is this product still being sold???

If you move to an area that Uverse does not support, AT&T will not charge you an early termination fee.  It is true that once your service is terminated you can not pay on-line.  It's AT&T policy.

With that said, I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

Explain your situation in the PM and someone from the group will get back to you.  They will be able to assist you getting your account straightened out.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5 (496 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

tjeckstine wrote:

I wonder how this product is still being sold, and people actually sign up for this whilst far to many people complain and give it such poor ratings.  I have tried this service, and it worked well for a couple of day to be completely honest.  But this is not the issue that most people have with this product.  I canceled this service because of a few reasons; military move and it wasn't available in my new location.  So with ligament reasons to cancel, and after many phone conversations with numerous reps, over a month later I get a final bill, which was just ridiculous, and another bill for "early termination".  I have called them once a week for over a month and each time I have been told I would not have to pay any early termination fee's, now here I sit with a bill which should have never came to me.  Sadly enough they do no inform you that when you cancel you service it shuts down your online access to pay your final bill, which causes you to call in your payment, costing an extra 5 dollars.  Again just always trying to get you to pay for nothing you should have to.  This entire experience is making me think twice about AT&T for anything, including my wireless service.  So while I type this post, I am also looking at changing my cellular service to get away from this company as fast as I can, and i will continue to share my experience with the BBB and other via social media to keep everyone informed of the practices here at AT&T.

You don't have to call in a payment. Even without online account access, you can mail in a payment or make a payment at an AT&T store.

You shouldn't have been charged an ETF since you moved. If you are still having issues getting that corrected on you bill, you should send a private message to AT&T Customer Care using the link below. They can get that straightened out for you.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5 (492 Views)

So you're registering to complain about not being able to pay online AFTER you have cancelled your account?  It took you longer to register and type your complaint than it would have to call AT&T and pay your balance.  You can submit a complaint to the BBB but it would take even longer than it took you to register here and the the complaint would get laughed at for being unfounded.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 4 of 5 (456 Views)
Scholar

I have had uverse for 5 years without any problem.  I have better service with them then I ever did with Charter.

Message 5 of 5 (313 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.