Helpful Links

How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?

Mentor

How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?

There have been all kinds of new "Apps" added to our channel line up over the last week or so. I now that Apps are supposed to be really neato and cool and all, but I do not want any of this crap. So, I have tried to hide these channels in my channel options, but they are all grayed out. It will not let me click on them to hide them. I do not know if that is just me, or if other people have this problem as well. In any case, how can I get these "App" channels ungrayed out so I can uncheck them from my active channel line up?
4,598 Views
Message 1 of 162
Expert

Re: Why can't I hide these new App Channels?

Good question.

Message 76 of 162
Expert

Re: Why can't I hide these new App Channels?

This has already been discussed, and when this (already requested) post is moved, you can read more.

 

ATT is now aware of it, working on a fix, we don't know how long it will take. Smiley Wink

Message 77 of 162
Scholar

Re: How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?


oufanindallas wrote:

razzzy wrote:

When going past those certain channels, there is a pause when going between stations (sometimes even lags).   It's just funny how nobody knows what is going on at U-verse.  I have HD and all these channels are showing up in the non-HD area.


So start the guide at 1000 and you won't have to look at them.

 


How exactly is this done?  I saw no way to remove channel numbers up to a certain point.


 

Message 78 of 162
Expert

Re: How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?

He means that you can enter 1 0 0 0 into the remote to start surfing through the channels beginning with the HD channels.

Message 79 of 162

Re: How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?


texasguy37 wrote:

He means that you can enter 1 0 0 0 into the remote to start surfing through the channels beginning with the HD channels.


Thanks TG,  people are making this into rocket surgery.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 80 of 162
ACE - Master

Re: How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?


oufanindallas wrote:

...people are making this into rocket surgery.

Smiley Very Happy

 

I, literally, LOL'd!!!!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 81 of 162
Contributor

Re: How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?

Every couple of weeks ATT adds new channels to the line up - a headache but tolerable when they can be hidden. Recently they have been adding "applications" which can not be hidden - one being tracking Santa. I spoke with Tech Services this evening and was told there is no way to hide the app.

 

This is wrong. I pay way too much for this service as it is and should have option of hiding whatever channels I want. Can anyone from ATT tell me why this is not so?

 

[subject edited to reflect merged topic]

Message 82 of 162

Re: How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?


Honkerii wrote:

Every couple of weeks ATT adds new channels to the line up - a headache but tolerable when they can be hidden. Recently they have been adding "applications" which can not be hidden - one being tracking Santa. I spoke with Tech Services this evening and was told there is no way to hide the app.

 

This is wrong. I pay way too much for this service as it is and should have option of hiding whatever channels I want. Can anyone from ATT tell me why this is not so?

 

[subject edited to reflect merged topic]


No one is forcing you to watch.  Those channels keep costs from rising any higher by PAYING to be broadcast.  Skip them and move on, seriously.  More rocket surgery in action.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 83 of 162
Teacher

Re: How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?

Since I am paying extra for HD, I do not want to see these channels that show up on non-HD.  Uverse issued me a 6 month credit on HD services until they figure out what is going on.

 

Anyone who is paying for HD should do the same.  Maybe this will put a little spark to fix this problem.

Message 84 of 162

Re: How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?


razzzy wrote:

Since I am paying extra for HD, I do not want to see these channels that show up on non-HD.  Uverse issued me a 6 month credit on HD services until they figure out what is going on.

 

Anyone who is paying for HD should do the same.  Maybe this will put a little spark to fix this problem.


What a crock.  Those apps aren't on HD so what difference does it make.  NO ONE is FORCING anyone to watch them. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 85 of 162
Teacher

Re: How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?

Actually they are forcing you to watch by not allowing the channels to be hidden.  Every family watches TV a different way.  We are channels surfers so we see all the new channels that can't be removed (and those that are duplicated).

 

You are correct by saying the apps aren't in HD.  I am paying an extra $10 for HD services, so I expect not to see anything in non-HD.

 

I was told by a 2nd tier rep that I should call back after 6 months to get another full credit if this is not resolved.  They are getting flooded with calls regarding this issue.

 

 

Message 86 of 162
Expert

Re: How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?

I have HD and am not being forced to watch.  I know which channels are Apps and avoid them.

 

You can make a list of Favorites for just HD channels and use that (Zoom/Enter button on remote--View Favorite Channels).

 

Or as suggested earlier, just pick up the remote and go to channel one thousand, from there you can surf Up using the + channel button.

 

Personally, when I pick up the remote, I go to 1802 and surf Up from there.  Premiums are mostly what I watch (I hate commercials).

 

There are different surfing methods, but not being able to hide these Apps is NOT a problem for most. 

 

A change I'd like to see is an HD Channels Only option in the Guide, like what we can do online with the WRA.  Smiley Wink  But, with that method, you'd miss out on a few channels that are still not in the HD lineup.

Message 87 of 162
Teacher

Re: How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?

I only see HD channels in my guide! Why...because I hide all the non HD channels. Except for these lousy apps that are popping up and not able to be hidden.

And that is full circle....
Message 88 of 162
Expert

Re: How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?

Then I misunderstood. Smiley Sad  Hopefully, they'll get it worked out soon.


razzzy wrote:
I only see HD channels in my guide! Why...because I hide all the non HD channels. Except for these lousy apps that are popping up and not able to be hidden.

And that is full circle....

 

Message 89 of 162

Re: How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?


razzzy wrote:

Actually they are forcing you to watch by not allowing the channels to be hidden.  Every family watches TV a different way.  We are channels surfers so we see all the new channels that can't be removed (and those that are duplicated).

 

You are correct by saying the apps aren't in HD.  I am paying an extra $10 for HD services, so I expect not to see anything in non-HD.

 

I was told by a 2nd tier rep that I should call back after 6 months to get another full credit if this is not resolved.  They are getting flooded with calls regarding this issue.

 

 


No they are not forcing you to watch.  Forcing you to watch would only be showing those channels.  You can skip right past them if you so desire. 

 

You may be paying extra for HD, but every other provider charges for HD in one   form another.  No such thing as a free lunch.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 90 of 162
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support