Helpful Links

How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?

Mentor

How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?

There have been all kinds of new "Apps" added to our channel line up over the last week or so. I now that Apps are supposed to be really neato and cool and all, but I do not want any of this crap. So, I have tried to hide these channels in my channel options, but they are all grayed out. It will not let me click on them to hide them. I do not know if that is just me, or if other people have this problem as well. In any case, how can I get these "App" channels ungrayed out so I can uncheck them from my active channel line up?
4,575 Views
Message 1 of 162
Community Manager

Re: How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?

Thanks everyone for the great feedback on this topic.  As mentioned by the Community Leaders, we have engaged the appropriate group.  I will gladly update this thread with anything that can help.

 

Regards,

Alex

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help others find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution".
Message 61 of 162
Expert

Re: How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?

Thanks Alex! Looking forward to what you find out ...

Tags (1)
Message 62 of 162
Expert

Re: How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?

That was me. Smiley Wink  I was only suggesting that method as another option. Smiley Sad


starsong2001 wrote:

I don't know how to quote someone here....  In response to the suggestion to "just use the zoom button"...

Zoom takes you to the menu, then you gotta click the down arrows to get to the Favorites guide. If it just opened it right up I'd be happy with that.  So it isn't the same thing.   Unless you know a trick to make it go straight to the Favorites lineup?




Message 63 of 162

Re: How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?

how long have you been an AT&T employee?

 

Message 64 of 162

Re: How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?

doesn't answer the question, does it? the answer is, you can't hide the new apps. it's a way for AT&T to generate more revenue so subscribers now how to live with it. tata att, hello twc.
Message 65 of 162

Re: How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?

of course it didn't help. you never answered the question. is that because you can't hide the new app channels but you don't want to admit that? another example of att's unbridled concern for its customers. no wonder it's going out of business.
Message 66 of 162

Re: How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?

uverse was barely tolerable when you could hide all the paid advertising. now that you can't, this is only going to get worse. i'm sure there will be new acne and deodorant channels appearing soon. when i contacted u-verse customer support about this i was told it was a software glitch that's being investigated. clearly this is no glitch. if that's the case then it's apparently the company's policy to have its support center lie to customers. interesting service model.
Message 67 of 162
Expert

Re: How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?

I don't know who you're asking:  how long have you been an employee--but I'm not one.

 

If you read the earlier post by Alex (who is an employee), the matter has been reported to ATT and it appears this is a glitch in programming.  It was NOT ATTs intention that some Apps cannot be hidden.

 

Sit tight.Smiley Wink

Message 68 of 162
Guru

Re: How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?

Let's just be plain honest about this.

 

It doesn't make a BIT of difference that "We've forwarded these comments to the department responsible for this". IT JUST DOESN'T. Plain and simple. Period. End of story.

 

Comcast played the same game with customers when they took away 2 channel positions in the EPG and replaced them with their ads. There was a huge outcry, in the calls, the letters, the online outrage .... they told customers, "Oh, we're listening". It didn't make a bit of difference -- like it or lump it. The ads stayed. Yeah --- they sure listened, right?

 

AT&T has their "We're fighting for you" webpage up for the same reason: To make it APPEAR that they are listening to customers. That was launched when the Hallmark Channel blowup occurred. Ever see any "official" AT&T updates about the progress of that? What about the NHL stuff? Nope.

 

Perfect representation of these WEASEL WORDS was on "Will and Grace" when Jack was outraged because of no M2M on-screen kiss. The NBC "executive" came down and said, "I understand, but the network has no comment. Thanks for watching NBC."

 

Smarten up, folks. Your little $100 a month does not AT&T a goliath make. Oh, they like your checks. But that's about as far loyalty goes.

Message 69 of 162

Re: How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?


randylankford wrote:
of course it didn't help. you never answered the question. is that because you can't hide the new app channels but you don't want to admit that? another example of att's unbridled concern for its customers. no wonder it's going out of business.


AT&T going out of business?  Wow, that's a new one.  Not going to hold my breath though.  Don't see it happening in the next 100 years.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 70 of 162
Guru

Re: How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?


oufanindallas wrote:

randylankford wrote:
of course it didn't help. you never answered the question. is that because you can't hide the new app channels but you don't want to admit that? another example of att's unbridled concern for its customers. no wonder it's going out of business.


AT&T going out of business?  Wow, that's a new one.  Not going to hold my breath though.  Don't see it happening in the next 100 years.


Nah, they won't "go out of business". They'll evolve back into a phone company again.

 

I can tell you, though, Uverse will probably get sold off, and more than likely Verizon would take it over. Why? It'd be a perfect fit to somewhat upgrade one side of the AT&T equation (reaching the customers), while taking the other side and implementing it onto their FiOS side (namely the H.264 and full IPTV delivery). Broadband speeds would jump in Uverse areas to numbers you couldn't even dream of under VDSL (without a whole lot of "mini-VRADs" popping up all over the place), HD channels would go to native H.264 strengths because of the overhead capacity on fiber, and the name-recognition of FiOS could draw a lot more customers by reputation than Uverse does currently.

 

Granted, it would be a little bit of a skirmish, because regulators would have a problem with two Telcos somehow "in cahoots" with each other, but it wouldn't be outside of the realm of possibility.

Message 71 of 162
Expert

Re: How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?

Interesting, we've heard that rumor before. Smiley Wink

 

Now back OT... 

Message 72 of 162
ACE - Expert

Re: How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?


jbdet313 wrote:

oufanindallas wrote:

randylankford wrote:
of course it didn't help. you never answered the question. is that because you can't hide the new app channels but you don't want to admit that? another example of att's unbridled concern for its customers. no wonder it's going out of business.


AT&T going out of business?  Wow, that's a new one.  Not going to hold my breath though.  Don't see it happening in the next 100 years.


Nah, they won't "go out of business". They'll evolve back into a phone company again.

 

I can tell you, though, Uverse will probably get sold off, and more than likely Verizon would take it over. Why? It'd be a perfect fit to somewhat upgrade one side of the AT&T equation (reaching the customers), while taking the other side and implementing it onto their FiOS side (namely the H.264 and full IPTV delivery). Broadband speeds would jump in Uverse areas to numbers you couldn't even dream of under VDSL (without a whole lot of "mini-VRADs" popping up all over the place), HD channels would go to native H.264 strengths because of the overhead capacity on fiber, and the name-recognition of FiOS could draw a lot more customers by reputation than Uverse does currently.

 

Granted, it would be a little bit of a skirmish, because regulators would have a problem with two Telcos somehow "in cahoots" with each other, but it wouldn't be outside of the realm of possibility.


You are dreaming, Verizon has absolutely shut down any more Fios expansion and wish it had never been implemented by the former head honcho.  He left Verizon billions of dollars in debt by laying fiber through most of it's territory.

 

They are not likely buyers of Uverse as they would not be willing make the investment needed to upgrade Uverse .

 

By the way, Fios TV delivery is by RF delivery down the fiber just like cable, all they use IPTV for is VOD.  Don't think they'd 'degrade' their current system by going the Uverse way. Smiley Wink

 

Chris


Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 73 of 162
Expert

Re: How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?

I was just talking about Verizon FIOS earlier today.  I was wondering why I hadn't heard any more about it.  I figured it must have stalled and gone away.

Message 74 of 162
Contributor

Why can't I hide these new App Channels?

So recently AT&T has introduced these new App Channels, one for the santa tracker, one for HSN one for ESPN and a few others.

 

Why when I go into channel options will AT&T not allow me to hide these channels? 

Tags (1)
Message 75 of 162
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support