Helpful Links

How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?

Mentor

How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?

There have been all kinds of new "Apps" added to our channel line up over the last week or so. I now that Apps are supposed to be really neato and cool and all, but I do not want any of this crap. So, I have tried to hide these channels in my channel options, but they are all grayed out. It will not let me click on them to hide them. I do not know if that is just me, or if other people have this problem as well. In any case, how can I get these "App" channels ungrayed out so I can uncheck them from my active channel line up?
Message 1 of 162
Explorer

Re: How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?

Are you posting from an Occupy Wallstreet rally, you sound just like one of those goof balls, camping in the public parks complaining about how somebody makes more money than you do.
Message 91 of 162
Teacher

So not allowing you to hide the channels is not forcing you to look at them?

I know every other provider charges for hd but you have the option to hide their channels.

We can go back and forth all day. I'm getting compensated for a product that I am paying for and right now not getting.

Message 92 of 162
ACE - Master

I wish we had the ability to hide certain threads on these message boards.  Smiley Surprised

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 93 of 162
Expert

Don't we all?Smiley Wink

Message 94 of 162
Highlighted
Teacher

Can't remove some channels added by ATT Uverse

Some channels have been added some time ago-their in the 80's and one in the 400 and 600 and so on and I notice that when I go into the menu options to set my guide up to only show certain channels as my favorites, I can't uncheck this. Its like they are permanent and the check mark.  Have reset the sbt many times and still not way.

Message 95 of 162
Guru

Re: Can't remove some channels added by ATT Uverse

The "ad" channels are now such that they can't be hidden. AT&T must have gotten wise to the fact that customers don't like the ads and use the Hide Channels feature, so they disabled those.

Just be glad there aren't ads on the Guide itself, taking away channel entries per page. Wouldn't surprise me, though, if that was next on the list of "money makers", as with Comcast.

Message 96 of 162
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Can't remove some channels added by ATT Uverse

If you do not tune to the ad channels, they will not put you into the metric of people watching that channel. Just do like most and either use favorites, or skip over, by paging through just the group of channels you mostly watch.

We tend to stay in the 1000's and hardly go down in the lower channels, unless I want to watch something on Military or MHC.
Message 97 of 162
Mentor

It is really aggravating that we cannot even get a representative from AT&T U-verse to come out and give us a straightforward explanation about what their intentions are here. We are posting on the AT&T website for crying out loud, so they are surely aware of the controversy about this and they definitely have easy access. It would be very easy for them to tell us if they intend to fix this as they should, or if it is just the new company policy to spam their paying customers against their will, that anyone who does not like it can get out.

Message 98 of 162
Mentor

Just wait until AT&T makes those channel show up on everyones favorites so you can't even make that method eliminate seeing those.

The only way, other than AT&T finding it mind again, is for people to never chose those channels.  If no one ever selects those channels eventually the sponsors will stop paying for the channels and then maybe AT&T will do the right thing since they can't make money off annoying their customers.

Message 99 of 162
Mentor

Maybe we should start using Facebook and Twitter to complain about this AT&T action and use that power as Verizon people have recently done.  Complaining on this type of board will only get to UVERSE friendly people and not allow people to pass up UVERSE because of this type of action on their part.

Also since Christmas was a week ago I wonder when the track santa channel will go away.

Message 100 of 162
Expert

Feel free to complain away--these Apps are not an extra charge and can be easily ignored.

As for the Santa Tracker, IIRC, it goes away about the 2nd week of Jan. or so.

happyharry wrote:

Maybe we should start using Facebook and Twitter to complain about this AT&T action and use that power as Verizon people have recently done.  Complaining on this type of board will only get to UVERSE friendly people and not allow people to pass up UVERSE because of this type of action on their part.

Also since Christmas was a week ago I wonder when the track santa channel will go away.

Message 101 of 162
Mentor

spd2demun wrote:

Feel free to complain away--these Apps are not an extra charge and can be easily ignored.

You can repeat that as many times as you like, but the fact that these advertising "App" channels are being selectively imposed on us is offensive and very frustrating.

It has also been represented repeatedly here in this thread by people who present themselves as responsible and in the know that this was a programming glitch and that these channels were a mistake. It has been made to sound as if the disabling of the channel hiding option with regards to these channels is going to be fixed, thereby enabling and activating it.

So, which is it? Are these annoying "Apps" just something that we are going to have to put up with being bothered with from now on? Or is the inability to hide them a mistake which is in the process of being corrected?

And if they can remove the Santa Tracker in the middle of January, they can certainly remove the other offending channels at the same time, or at least be so kind as to enable those of us who desire to hide them, to do so. So, that will be a process to keep a close watch on.

Message 102 of 162
Mentor

I know you "community leaders" are just AT&T plants to keep noise down and just say the community line.  I'm sure that not only has AT&T lied to all about this - just a glitch - but has plans to make this more and more objectionable.  Soon these will exist in the > 1000 range and then you will have them show up in favorites, etc.

This is bad and probably the only reason you community leaders exist is because AT&T was plannning this.

It is too bad because before this UVERSE was an OK service and cheap.  Well I guess you get what you pay for.

Time to start the facebook  / twitter campaigns and see if we can slow down people converting to this service. 

Message 103 of 162
ACE - Master

Yes, those "plants" signed up 4 years ago and posted thousands and thousands of posts in anticipation of the customer dissatisfaction over the apps that were introduced a few months ago. 

It's a conspiracy, I tell you....A CONSPIRACY!!!!!

Smiley Frustrated

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 104 of 162
Expert

Yes, quite a master plan I must say!

Message 105 of 162
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support