Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 23, 2011
5:01:06 PM
How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?
There have been all kinds of new "Apps" added to our channel line up over the last week or so. I now that Apps are supposed to be really neato and cool and all, but I do not want any of this crap. So, I have tried to hide these channels in my channel options, but they are all grayed out. It will not let me click on them to hide them. I do not know if that is just me, or if other people have this problem as well. In any case, how can I get these "App" channels ungrayed out so I can uncheck them from my active channel line up?
There have been all kinds of new "Apps" added to our channel line up over the last week or so. I now that Apps are supposed to be really neato and cool and all, but I do not want any of this crap. So, I have tried to hide these channels in my channel options, but they are all grayed out. It will not let me click on them to hide them. I do not know if that is just me, or if other people have this problem as well. In any case, how can I get these "App" channels ungrayed out so I can uncheck them from my active channel line up?

How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?

161 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(161)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2011 7:45:48 PM
(0)
Explorer
Are you posting from an Occupy Wallstreet rally, you sound just like one of those goof balls, camping in the public parks complaining about how somebody makes more money than you do.
Are you posting from an Occupy Wallstreet rally, you sound just like one of those goof balls, camping in the public parks complaining about how somebody makes more money than you do.

Re: How do you hide all of the new "Apps"?

91 of 162 (994 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2011 10:09:38 PM
(0)
Teacher
So not allowing you to hide the channels is not forcing you to look at them?

I know every other provider charges for hd but you have the option to hide their channels.

We can go back and forth all day. I'm getting compensated for a product that I am paying for and right now not getting.

So not allowing you to hide the channels is not forcing you to look at them?

I know every other provider charges for hd but you have the option to hide their channels.

We can go back and forth all day. I'm getting compensated for a product that I am paying for and right now not getting.

92 of 162 (986 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2011 10:18:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I wish we had the ability to hide certain threads on these message boards.  Smiley Surprised

I wish we had the ability to hide certain threads on these message boards.  Smiley Surprised

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

93 of 162 (981 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2011 11:21:12 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Don't we all?Smiley Wink

Don't we all?Smiley Wink

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

94 of 162 (956 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2011 11:31:30 PM
(0)
Teacher

Some channels have been added some time ago-their in the 80's and one in the 400 and 600 and so on and I notice that when I go into the menu options to set my guide up to only show certain channels as my favorites, I can't uncheck this. Its like they are permanent and the check mark.  Have reset the sbt many times and still not way.

Some channels have been added some time ago-their in the 80's and one in the 400 and 600 and so on and I notice that when I go into the menu options to set my guide up to only show certain channels as my favorites, I can't uncheck this. Its like they are permanent and the check mark.  Have reset the sbt many times and still not way.

Can't remove some channels added by ATT Uverse

95 of 162 (879 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2011 6:57:10 AM
(0)
Guru

The "ad" channels are now such that they can't be hidden. AT&T must have gotten wise to the fact that customers don't like the ads and use the Hide Channels feature, so they disabled those.

Just be glad there aren't ads on the Guide itself, taking away channel entries per page. Wouldn't surprise me, though, if that was next on the list of "money makers", as with Comcast.

The "ad" channels are now such that they can't be hidden. AT&T must have gotten wise to the fact that customers don't like the ads and use the Hide Channels feature, so they disabled those.

Just be glad there aren't ads on the Guide itself, taking away channel entries per page. Wouldn't surprise me, though, if that was next on the list of "money makers", as with Comcast.

Re: Can't remove some channels added by ATT Uverse

96 of 162 (864 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2011 9:11:16 AM
(0)
Professor
If you do not tune to the ad channels, they will not put you into the metric of people watching that channel. Just do like most and either use favorites, or skip over, by paging through just the group of channels you mostly watch.

We tend to stay in the 1000's and hardly go down in the lower channels, unless I want to watch something on Military or MHC.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"
If you do not tune to the ad channels, they will not put you into the metric of people watching that channel. Just do like most and either use favorites, or skip over, by paging through just the group of channels you mostly watch.

We tend to stay in the 1000's and hardly go down in the lower channels, unless I want to watch something on Military or MHC.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Re: Can't remove some channels added by ATT Uverse

97 of 162 (857 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2011 8:06:31 AM
(0)
Mentor

It is really aggravating that we cannot even get a representative from AT&T U-verse to come out and give us a straightforward explanation about what their intentions are here. We are posting on the AT&T website for crying out loud, so they are surely aware of the controversy about this and they definitely have easy access. It would be very easy for them to tell us if they intend to fix this as they should, or if it is just the new company policy to spam their paying customers against their will, that anyone who does not like it can get out.

It is really aggravating that we cannot even get a representative from AT&T U-verse to come out and give us a straightforward explanation about what their intentions are here. We are posting on the AT&T website for crying out loud, so they are surely aware of the controversy about this and they definitely have easy access. It would be very easy for them to tell us if they intend to fix this as they should, or if it is just the new company policy to spam their paying customers against their will, that anyone who does not like it can get out.

98 of 162 (815 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2011 3:19:56 PM
(0)
Mentor

Just wait until AT&T makes those channel show up on everyones favorites so you can't even make that method eliminate seeing those.

The only way, other than AT&T finding it mind again, is for people to never chose those channels.  If no one ever selects those channels eventually the sponsors will stop paying for the channels and then maybe AT&T will do the right thing since they can't make money off annoying their customers.

Just wait until AT&T makes those channel show up on everyones favorites so you can't even make that method eliminate seeing those.

The only way, other than AT&T finding it mind again, is for people to never chose those channels.  If no one ever selects those channels eventually the sponsors will stop paying for the channels and then maybe AT&T will do the right thing since they can't make money off annoying their customers.

99 of 162 (795 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2011 3:33:01 PM
(0)
Mentor

Maybe we should start using Facebook and Twitter to complain about this AT&T action and use that power as Verizon people have recently done.  Complaining on this type of board will only get to UVERSE friendly people and not allow people to pass up UVERSE because of this type of action on their part.

Also since Christmas was a week ago I wonder when the track santa channel will go away.

Maybe we should start using Facebook and Twitter to complain about this AT&T action and use that power as Verizon people have recently done.  Complaining on this type of board will only get to UVERSE friendly people and not allow people to pass up UVERSE because of this type of action on their part.

Also since Christmas was a week ago I wonder when the track santa channel will go away.

100 of 162 (590 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2011 6:35:52 PM
(0)
Expert

Feel free to complain away--these Apps are not an extra charge and can be easily ignored.

As for the Santa Tracker, IIRC, it goes away about the 2nd week of Jan. or so.

happyharry wrote:

Feel free to complain away--these Apps are not an extra charge and can be easily ignored.

As for the Santa Tracker, IIRC, it goes away about the 2nd week of Jan. or so.

happyharry wrote:

101 of 162 (768 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2012 9:12:21 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by MojoMan_1 on Jan 1, 2012 at 10:04:04 AM

spd2demun wrote:

You can repeat that as many times as you like, but the fact that these advertising "App" channels are being selectively imposed on us is offensive and very frustrating.

It has also been represented repeatedly here in this thread by people who present themselves as responsible and in the know that this was a programming glitch and that these channels were a mistake. It has been made to sound as if the disabling of the channel hiding option with regards to these channels is going to be fixed, thereby enabling and activating it.

So, which is it? Are these annoying "Apps" just something that we are going to have to put up with being bothered with from now on? Or is the inability to hide them a mistake which is in the process of being corrected?

And if they can remove the Santa Tracker in the middle of January, they can certainly remove the other offending channels at the same time, or at least be so kind as to enable those of us who desire to hide them, to do so. So, that will be a process to keep a close watch on.

spd2demun wrote:

You can repeat that as many times as you like, but the fact that these advertising "App" channels are being selectively imposed on us is offensive and very frustrating.

It has also been represented repeatedly here in this thread by people who present themselves as responsible and in the know that this was a programming glitch and that these channels were a mistake. It has been made to sound as if the disabling of the channel hiding option with regards to these channels is going to be fixed, thereby enabling and activating it.

So, which is it? Are these annoying "Apps" just something that we are going to have to put up with being bothered with from now on? Or is the inability to hide them a mistake which is in the process of being corrected?

And if they can remove the Santa Tracker in the middle of January, they can certainly remove the other offending channels at the same time, or at least be so kind as to enable those of us who desire to hide them, to do so. So, that will be a process to keep a close watch on.

[ Edited ]
102 of 162 (762 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2012 4:11:04 PM
(0)
Mentor

I know you "community leaders" are just AT&T plants to keep noise down and just say the community line.  I'm sure that not only has AT&T lied to all about this - just a glitch - but has plans to make this more and more objectionable.  Soon these will exist in the > 1000 range and then you will have them show up in favorites, etc.

This is bad and probably the only reason you community leaders exist is because AT&T was plannning this.

It is too bad because before this UVERSE was an OK service and cheap.  Well I guess you get what you pay for.

Time to start the facebook  / twitter campaigns and see if we can slow down people converting to this service. 

I know you "community leaders" are just AT&T plants to keep noise down and just say the community line.  I'm sure that not only has AT&T lied to all about this - just a glitch - but has plans to make this more and more objectionable.  Soon these will exist in the > 1000 range and then you will have them show up in favorites, etc.

This is bad and probably the only reason you community leaders exist is because AT&T was plannning this.

It is too bad because before this UVERSE was an OK service and cheap.  Well I guess you get what you pay for.

Time to start the facebook  / twitter campaigns and see if we can slow down people converting to this service. 

103 of 162 (743 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2012 4:18:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Jan 1, 2012 at 4:20:26 PM

Yes, those "plants" signed up 4 years ago and posted thousands and thousands of posts in anticipation of the customer dissatisfaction over the apps that were introduced a few months ago. 

It's a conspiracy, I tell you....A CONSPIRACY!!!!!

Smiley Frustrated

Yes, those "plants" signed up 4 years ago and posted thousands and thousands of posts in anticipation of the customer dissatisfaction over the apps that were introduced a few months ago. 

It's a conspiracy, I tell you....A CONSPIRACY!!!!!

Smiley Frustrated

[ Edited ]
104 of 162 (741 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2012 4:22:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Yes, quite a master plan I must say!

Yes, quite a master plan I must say!

105 of 162 (738 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2012 4:34:17 PM
(0)
Expert

Then ATT owes me over 4 years of pay, bonuses, vacation, and free/discounted services!  I'm here because I was trapped with Comcrap for over 25 years and hate them as much as you seem to hate Uverse. Smiley Sad

I've read all of the posts on this forum, and buried in there, was a comment about it being an unintended glitch--true or not, I can't say, but that's what I read.  You can do a search and look for the post. Smiley Wink

We've all been here years before the mysterious non-hidable Apps ever appeared, so nice try. Smiley Happy

Enjoy your social media campaign.  We'll still be here IF you want to discuss anything else we can help you with.

Life is short, this is small stuff to worry about. Smiley Frustrated

Happy New Year!

happyharry wrote:

Then ATT owes me over 4 years of pay, bonuses, vacation, and free/discounted services!  I'm here because I was trapped with Comcrap for over 25 years and hate them as much as you seem to hate Uverse. Smiley Sad

I've read all of the posts on this forum, and buried in there, was a comment about it being an unintended glitch--true or not, I can't say, but that's what I read.  You can do a search and look for the post. Smiley Wink

We've all been here years before the mysterious non-hidable Apps ever appeared, so nice try. Smiley Happy

Enjoy your social media campaign.  We'll still be here IF you want to discuss anything else we can help you with.

Life is short, this is small stuff to worry about. Smiley Frustrated

Happy New Year!

happyharry wrote:

106 of 162 (736 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2012 5:11:48 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by MojoMan_1 on Jan 1, 2012 at 5:15:02 PM

happyharry wrote:

Good post. That is certainly what it looks like to me.

Think about it. Why would people make tens of thousands of posts on a cable TV message board over a four year period - which takes a lot of time, and a remarkable focus and commitment - unless they were paid shills for AT&T? Is this stuff really so interesting that it would inspire this level of devotion from people without some sort of incentive? I do not believe so.

These so-called "community leaders" have been here four years, posting consistently and relentlessly that entire time, compiling thousands of posts each over that period. And it just so happens that they predominately expouse the AT&T company line. All of this is just more proof of their close affiliation with AT&T, not less.

Everyone can make up their own minds. I am certainly not inclined to just trust the statements of AT&T or any of these "community leaders" about this topic at this point. The proof is in the pudding and action speaks louder than words. And the pudding put out by these "community leaders" has had an undieniably strong AT&T shill flavor to it.

I will believe what I see with my own eyes at this point. And what I hope to see soon is the reactivation of the ability to hide these annoying spam advertising "App" channels; the purpose of which is to engage in spam advertising and sales delivered to the customers of a pay TV service. And even when users desire to opt out and hide the channels, it increasingly appears that they will not be permitted by AT&T to do so.

Even email spammers are required by law to unsubscribe people from their lists upon request, and also to provide a mechanism for doing so. AT&T needs to do the same here. Or maybe they would just prefer for this to reach the status of a populist political issue and wait for Congress to step in and force them to do it.

AT&T, Please give us the ability to hide these channels. I am a customer trying to ask nicely here. Respond well and I will be among the first to thank you and to praise you for your willingess to do the right thing here.

happyharry wrote:

Think about it. Why would people make tens of thousands of posts on a cable TV message board over a four year period - which takes a lot of time, and a remarkable focus and commitment - unless they were paid shills for AT&T? Is this stuff really so interesting that it would inspire this level of devotion from people without some sort of incentive? I do not believe so.

These so-called "community leaders" have been here four years, posting consistently and relentlessly that entire time, compiling thousands of posts each over that period. And it just so happens that they predominately expouse the AT&T company line. All of this is just more proof of their close affiliation with AT&T, not less.

Everyone can make up their own minds. I am certainly not inclined to just trust the statements of AT&T or any of these "community leaders" about this topic at this point. The proof is in the pudding and action speaks louder than words. And the pudding put out by these "community leaders" has had an undieniably strong AT&T shill flavor to it.

I will believe what I see with my own eyes at this point. And what I hope to see soon is the reactivation of the ability to hide these annoying spam advertising "App" channels; the purpose of which is to engage in spam advertising and sales delivered to the customers of a pay TV service. And even when users desire to opt out and hide the channels, it increasingly appears that they will not be permitted by AT&T to do so.

Even email spammers are required by law to unsubscribe people from their lists upon request, and also to provide a mechanism for doing so. AT&T needs to do the same here. Or maybe they would just prefer for this to reach the status of a populist political issue and wait for Congress to step in and force them to do it.

AT&T, Please give us the ability to hide these channels. I am a customer trying to ask nicely here. Respond well and I will be among the first to thank you and to praise you for your willingess to do the right thing here.

[ Edited ]
107 of 162 (729 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2012 5:25:25 PM
(0)
Expert

Your assessment of the CLs is your opinion, though not a very astute one. Smiley Wink

If you'd care to take the time to read every CLs post on this forum (grab yourself a pot of coffee), you'll see that we bash ATT when it's needed.  No service or product is perfect.

While on your campaign, do me a favor and let Congress know that I'd like the ability to HIDE ALL COMMERCIALS ON ALL CHANNELS.  I cannot do that unless I record and fast forward, and it's really annoying. Smiley Frustrated

Please be aware that this forum ENCOURAGES social media participation.  You can get live Twitter feeds directly on the front page!  Woo-hoo!

Click on your user name, then go to My Settings > Social Connect > Link to my Twitter Account.

Or if you just want to lurk, pick the View Twitter Streams.

Don't forget to hit Save. Smiley Wink

I'm sure ATT will be looking forward to your tweets and FB posts.

MojoMan_1 wrote:

happyharry wrote:

Your assessment of the CLs is your opinion, though not a very astute one. Smiley Wink

If you'd care to take the time to read every CLs post on this forum (grab yourself a pot of coffee), you'll see that we bash ATT when it's needed.  No service or product is perfect.

While on your campaign, do me a favor and let Congress know that I'd like the ability to HIDE ALL COMMERCIALS ON ALL CHANNELS.  I cannot do that unless I record and fast forward, and it's really annoying. Smiley Frustrated

Please be aware that this forum ENCOURAGES social media participation.  You can get live Twitter feeds directly on the front page!  Woo-hoo!

Click on your user name, then go to My Settings > Social Connect > Link to my Twitter Account.

Or if you just want to lurk, pick the View Twitter Streams.

Don't forget to hit Save. Smiley Wink

I'm sure ATT will be looking forward to your tweets and FB posts.

MojoMan_1 wrote:

happyharry wrote:

108 of 162 (722 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2012 6:47:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

MojoMan_1 wrote:

happyharry wrote:

Wow, you really have no clue how this works do you?  What did you do before when there were only a few channels and you actually had to get up to change the channel?   AT&T is in no way shape or fashion FORCING you to watch those channels.  If they were forcing you to watch then you would not be able to start the guide at any channel you desire and unless you actually SELECT the channesl that you don't want, you don't have to watch them.  I only watch the HD channels so I don't even see them when I bring up the guide.  I hit Guide and press 1, 0, 0 ,0 and start browsing from there to see what's on.

Since those channels pay to be on then I don't care if they add more and more. Doesn't effect my viewing habits or distract from me one bit. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

MojoMan_1 wrote:

happyharry wrote:

Wow, you really have no clue how this works do you?  What did you do before when there were only a few channels and you actually had to get up to change the channel?   AT&T is in no way shape or fashion FORCING you to watch those channels.  If they were forcing you to watch then you would not be able to start the guide at any channel you desire and unless you actually SELECT the channesl that you don't want, you don't have to watch them.  I only watch the HD channels so I don't even see them when I bring up the guide.  I hit Guide and press 1, 0, 0 ,0 and start browsing from there to see what's on.

Since those channels pay to be on then I don't care if they add more and more. Doesn't effect my viewing habits or distract from me one bit. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

109 of 162 (698 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2012 9:54:34 AM
(0)
Mentor

oufanindallas wrote:

As long as they can be hidden, I agree. There are just way too many channels and too much clutter in the channel listing. And truth be told, most viewers are only interested in a relatively small subset of those channels, although that subset does vary from person to person.

What to do, what to do....

I know, how about giving customers the ability to hide channels they find annoying or of no value? But of course AT&T already did that, at least for a while. And now it appears that policy may be in the process of being reversed, for the dispicable purpose of engaging in spam advertising sales delivered over the television without giving their paying customers the option to hide these specific channels. And even when users desire to opt out and hide the channels, it increasingly appears that they will not be permitted by AT&T to do so.

Even email spammers are required by law to unsubscribe people from their lists upon request, and also to provide a mechanism for doing so. AT&T needs to do the same here. 

oufanindallas wrote:

As long as they can be hidden, I agree. There are just way too many channels and too much clutter in the channel listing. And truth be told, most viewers are only interested in a relatively small subset of those channels, although that subset does vary from person to person.

What to do, what to do....

I know, how about giving customers the ability to hide channels they find annoying or of no value? But of course AT&T already did that, at least for a while. And now it appears that policy may be in the process of being reversed, for the dispicable purpose of engaging in spam advertising sales delivered over the television without giving their paying customers the option to hide these specific channels. And even when users desire to opt out and hide the channels, it increasingly appears that they will not be permitted by AT&T to do so.

Even email spammers are required by law to unsubscribe people from their lists upon request, and also to provide a mechanism for doing so. AT&T needs to do the same here. 

110 of 162 (687 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2012 2:53:45 PM
(0)
Mentor

A lot of very sensitive CL here trying to defend themselves by attacking.  If you are such community advocates then advocate - I haven't seen any posts saying they love the new policy so for whom are you advocating. 

You may not like me or my posts but I also have the right to complain and you have the right to the company line. In a few months when things get worse because no one did anything about it let's see your excuse then.

Have a good time.

A lot of very sensitive CL here trying to defend themselves by attacking.  If you are such community advocates then advocate - I haven't seen any posts saying they love the new policy so for whom are you advocating. 

You may not like me or my posts but I also have the right to complain and you have the right to the company line. In a few months when things get worse because no one did anything about it let's see your excuse then.

Have a good time.

111 of 162 (680 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2012 9:01:15 PM
(0)
Expert

CLs aren't employees, so our opinions are our own and don't necessarily agree with those of ATT...or something to that effect. Smiley Wink

Should we be able to hide all channels/apps?  Yes

Is it the end of the world?  No

Does it stop most people from watching/surfing TV?  No

It bothers some, so they are free to express their opinions.  Until ATT charges me for those Apps, I'm not going to worry about it.

Enjoy!

happyharry wrote:

Have a good time.

CLs aren't employees, so our opinions are our own and don't necessarily agree with those of ATT...or something to that effect. Smiley Wink

Should we be able to hide all channels/apps?  Yes

Is it the end of the world?  No

Does it stop most people from watching/surfing TV?  No

It bothers some, so they are free to express their opinions.  Until ATT charges me for those Apps, I'm not going to worry about it.

Enjoy!

happyharry wrote:

Have a good time.

112 of 162 (668 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2012 10:06:37 AM
(0)
Voyager

I cannot hide or uncheck apps 88, 89 and 98. One is the Santa Tracker. How do I get rid of them?

I cannot hide or uncheck apps 88, 89 and 98. One is the Santa Tracker. How do I get rid of them?

Unwanted Apps

113 of 162 (658 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2012 10:12:31 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You can't, there was a big thread at the top of this board that deals w/this subject. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

You can't, there was a big thread at the top of this board that deals w/this subject. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Re: Unwanted Apps

114 of 162 (657 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2012 6:51:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Just as an FYI, channels 87, 89 and 95 are no longer listed in the Guide.

115 of 162 (607 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2012 7:04:46 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by spd2demun on Jan 5, 2012 at 7:12:11 AM

Well, that's a start!

We know Ch.98 (Santa Tracker) will drop off soon (it's still in my Guide).

Ch. 89 (My Fair Wedding) is still there as not hideable.  Are you NOT seeing that in DFW?

TV Awards & New Shows, Ch. 95 is still in my Guide. but it was never un-hideable.

edit--I went to check BRAND SHOWCASE, and 89 is in there with 85 (Barbie Channel).  86 is NOT in the Brand Showcase (2012 Lincoln), but it, along with 85, have always been hideable.

texasguy37 wrote:

Well, that's a start!

We know Ch.98 (Santa Tracker) will drop off soon (it's still in my Guide).

Ch. 89 (My Fair Wedding) is still there as not hideable.  Are you NOT seeing that in DFW?

TV Awards & New Shows, Ch. 95 is still in my Guide. but it was never un-hideable.

edit--I went to check BRAND SHOWCASE, and 89 is in there with 85 (Barbie Channel).  86 is NOT in the Brand Showcase (2012 Lincoln), but it, along with 85, have always been hideable.

texasguy37 wrote:

[ Edited ]
116 of 162 (605 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2012 9:45:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

As of today, those 3 apps are no longer listed in the Guide.  Channels 87 and 89 were channels that could not be hidden.

As of today, those 3 apps are no longer listed in the Guide.  Channels 87 and 89 were channels that could not be hidden.

117 of 162 (588 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2012 11:34:23 AM
(0)
Expert

But you are not seeing Ch. 95 now?  (I am, TV Awards)

And Ch. 88 is still there (cannot hide).

Santa Tracker cannot be hidden either (though will go away).  Do you recall if we could hide it in the past? (I don't recall)

But you are not seeing Ch. 95 now?  (I am, TV Awards)

And Ch. 88 is still there (cannot hide).

Santa Tracker cannot be hidden either (though will go away).  Do you recall if we could hide it in the past? (I don't recall)

118 of 162 (579 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2012 12:14:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I can only speak to what I see here in Dallas.  Channels 87, 89 and 95 were listed in the Guide yesterday; however, they are not listed in the Guide today.

I don't know if I could hide Santa Tracker in the past because I have never had a reason to attempt to hide any of the apps.

I can only speak to what I see here in Dallas.  Channels 87, 89 and 95 were listed in the Guide yesterday; however, they are not listed in the Guide today.

I don't know if I could hide Santa Tracker in the past because I have never had a reason to attempt to hide any of the apps.

119 of 162 (576 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2012 12:16:14 PM
(0)
Expert

I know, and was just trying to figure out if we have something different in Houston. Smiley Sad

The good news is, ATT listened! Smiley Wink

I know, and was just trying to figure out if we have something different in Houston. Smiley Sad

The good news is, ATT listened! Smiley Wink

120 of 162 (575 Views)