How do "Favorites" work in new firmware version?

Mentor

How do "Favorites" work in new firmware version?

What I would really like is to be able to set up my favorites and then see that list by default when I press Guide (my DISH DVR worked this way). But at least in the original firmware on my DVR I could get to the favorites in about 3 button presses.

Now, with this latest update, they've added the option of multiple favorites, but unless I'm missing something it's even harder to get to them. What I am doing is to press Guide, which always brings up the whole channel list. Then I press the Zoom/Enter button, scroll down to Favorites List, press OK, scroll to MY FAVORITES and press OK again. The guide changes to show my favorites.

The only problem for me is that this selection is not "sticky" and the guide reverts to the whole list the next time I press the button. This is very inconvenient, and since my favorites lists only has about 50 channels, the full guide is just plain unusable.

One other thing the DISH DVR had was a selection for "Channels in my package", which is still a lot better than having to see the entire Uverse offerings!

Message 1 of 5 (650 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: How do "Favorites" work in new firmware version?

I believe there is a "Channel Shortcuts" option that you can see by pressing the "MENU" button.

As far as a quicker way to see the favorites, I think you can press the "ENTER" button on the far low right of the remote.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5 (617 Views)
ACE - Expert

rochrunner - I did not see this when you first posted. For viewing the favorites guide there is no need to press either guide or menu. While viewing, press the enter button, down arrow, OK. Saving a few presses over the guide and menu methods.

This could be reduced to two buttons if at&t would move the display option up to the top (where it belongs) and process an enter in addition to the OK. Then the favorites guide could be found with two successive whacks at the enter button. Maybe even work as multistep with the Harmony.

"Channels in my package" is available under menu>channel shortcuts - last one across the top. But, that is too many button presses. The only that is a viable option is if it is selected during a set-up step & applied every time the guide button is pressed.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5 (517 Views)
Contributor

How difficult can it be to make the Favorites list "sticky" like it is for Dish?  It cannot be that hard...Dish has been doing it for years!  I want to choose the Favorites list, and make that my default channels list until someone changes it to another list or to all the channels. In this day and age of advanced technology, there's no excuse for not having a "sticky" favorites list.

Please make that change...

Message 4 of 5 (303 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Marcief wrote:

How difficult can it be to make the Favorites list "sticky" like it is for Dish?  It cannot be that hard...Dish has been doing it for years!  I want to choose the Favorites list, and make that my default channels list until someone changes it to another list or to all the channels. In this day and age of advanced technology, there's no excuse for not having a "sticky" favorites list.

Please make that change...

I'm not sure how dificult it would be.  I'm not a programmer.   I could be smart and suggest if it's that easy, why don't you tell them at Ericsson, (MediaRoom's new owner), what lines of programming code to change? 

Message 5 of 5 (267 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.