How do enable mac filtering on uverse 3801HGV? My firmware is 6.9.1.42-plus.tm

Contributor

I don't see an option when I can selectively block some computers accessing the router. Please help.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5 (2,194 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: How do enable mac filtering on uverse 3801HGV? My firmware is 6.9.1.42-plus.tm

sdharmas -
This is the link to the page with - MAC filtering - edit blocked allowed list - http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_1
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5 (2,186 Views)
Contributor

Re: How do enable mac filtering on uverse 3801HGV? My firmware is 6.9.1.42-plus.tm

Thanks, noticed that this is for wireless. Is there an option to block wired devices? For example, if someone plugged in a laptop to one of the ethernet ports, can I block their access? 

Message 3 of 5 (2,175 Views)
ACE - Expert

sdharmas - I have only seen security for wireless. I believe this is because wireless travels beyond your control & wired does not.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5 (2,157 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

If you allow someone in your home with unsupervised access to you RG, you have a bigger issue than mac filtering.
Secure the RG in a locked cabinet if will make you feel safer. Will decrease wireless signal, but if trying to prevent unauthorized access, turn wireless off as well.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 5 (2,151 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.